PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 50th Anniversary Team announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
mankins damn sure isnt and yes i agree with the u on randy moss or even welker

Willie Mac over Vrabel I agree with, no knock on Vrabel I just think Willlie was a better player for a longer period of time. All time playoff sack leader for F's sake. Buoniconti, I never saw play but thought he was a gigantic douche on inside the NFL and never personally associated him with the Pats, much like he did. However 24 pics in 7 years for a MLB is pretty impressive. I would still take Tedy with his 3 rings and 5 Super Bowl appearences over that douche Buoniconti . Nick can have himself a good old time crapping in his Depends with the rest of the idiot Dolphin has beens while Bruschi wins another SB. Other players I thought should be on the list would be Clayborn and Milloy although a case could certainly be made for the players elected.

The possibility of watching the Pats go 19-0 in the same season that the Doofins should've gone 0-16 is a bitter memory that I'll carry to my grave. So if Buoniconti is replaced by Bruschi, then I won't lose much sleep, even though Buoniconti was the superior player.

And Randy Moss belongs on the list even though it has only been two seasons. Fryar was an ok player who was nothing but trouble during his time in NE and never lived up to expectations and/or draft status while here. Moss set the all time NFL record for receiving TD's in his first season here. I think I would also put Welker ahead of Fryar at this point.

Our fellow forum member from Maine gives the best description of Fryar's

career with the Patriots with his sign in name fair catch fryar.

Glad to see they have Julius Adams on that list, he should be make it to the Pats HOF... somehow Darryl Stingley has to fit as well.

Like others, I have to agree that Mankins doesn't belong on that list. Yet. Ron Wooten and Sam Adams were both better guards than Mankins has been so far, though Mankins is getting close to being on par with them.

Leon Gray was a better LT than Light.

I also have to agree with Clayborn being on there over Law. Especially since Clayborn was on two of the All-Decade teams.

As for Fryar, I agree with the sentiment that he doesn't belong on there. Stingley, Vataha, or Cappelletti are more deserving than Fryar. And I definitely feel that Moss and Welker will be on the 75th list over Fryar.

And Randy Moss belongs on the list even though it has only been two seasons. Fryar was an ok player who was nothing but trouble during his time in NE and never lived up to expectations and/or draft status while here. Moss set the all time NFL record for receiving TD's in his first season here. I think I would also put Welker ahead of Fryar at this point.

Old guys like us, (hello again Jimke), will never forget the game when Irving took off from a game at halftime, smoked a bowl or two in his car and promptly proceeded to smash it into a tree - all before the 2nd half of the game he played in was over....ahh the good old days when we sucked all the freaking time and these very strange things kept on happening!!!

I know he turned his life around and respect him for it - but to put him on the 50th, uh no, I don't think so.

Should Patriot missile Zeke Mowatt get a spot as well, or Bob "from out of the stands he come to return the opening kick off" Gladiuex (aka harpo) be voted on too??

Should Patriot missile Zeke Mowatt get a spot as well, or Bob "from out of the stands he come to return the opening kick off" Gladiuex (aka harpo) be voted on too??

No I would keep those guys off but the convict Henderson should be

No I would keep those guys off but the convict Henderson should be

Actually an additional position should be added to the team for this anniv team - call it SN for Snow.

That way Henderson gets in for snow plow and an assist to coach Ron Meyer for putting him.
Then a spot for Lonnie "snow angel" Paxton.

Another spot for Bruschi for spurring on the crowd to throw snow in the air after a TD.

Must have a spot for Brady for the worst spike in history - during snowbowl.

And of course Adam V. gets in here for best kick in the snow ever in snowbowl.

I guess I'm one of the few but I agree with Vrabel over Will Mc. Vrabel was a better every down player and while Willie might have the playoff sack total, no one outside of Tom Brady made more big plays during those 3 Super Bowl runs than Vrabel.

Bruschi should be there. Mankins and Light are the most questionable selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back