PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 5 Year Draft Grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Got The Sporting News draft guide today.

They graded all the team on their drafts over the past 5 years. Patriots, Colts, Steelers all got "A". SD and Cincy got A-.

Considering our draft position (32), for three of those years, I would say that it's another example of BB and Scott knowing what they are doing. Yes, we did have a #21 in which we took Big Vince. But we were last in all other rounds as this is not just a grade for first round picks.

So, those who are fretting about free agency, this is an example that we have people who do know what to do. :rocker:

Where do the Jets fit in in this ranking?...I got these Jet morons over on People's who think every single thing ever done by anybody in green is the best, year after year...I'd like to stick this down their big mouthed throats

The Patriots have certainly done a stellar job addressing the Defensive Line through the draft, wide receiver as well, and offensive line to a lesser extent. Even though Brady was more than 5 years ago (6 I believe?), you gotta through his name out there as perhaps the best draft pick especially where he was selected in the draft. This is one area where I'm generally pretty confident in Belicheck and Pioli's decision making.

Joker said:
Where do the Jets fit in in this ranking?...I got these Jet morons over on People's who think every single thing ever done by anybody in green is the best, year after year...I'd like to stick this down their big mouthed throats

The JEST were given a "C". The jests morons will celebrate that they didn't get a C-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back