PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots: 2nd best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Steelers share the trophy with the Refs? How many championships do the Refs have in their history of Super Bowls or is this their first one?

After tonights super bowl....you have now all become witness/fans of the 2nd best team of the modern era....the ne/ patriots..congrats...itll now take two years to out due the steelers....they are the most dominant franchise of the 2000s....nothing else you can say about it...
Nice try...

The law's and rules of Math do not apply to Pittsburgh, PA

This actually made me snort out loud when I read it LMAO!

I think its great that there is a Patriots in the League to compete with the Steelers for titles each year. I find the Patriots fans the most fun to talk with and talk smack with (although...dang AFC Title Game losses still hurt)

I registered on other boards, Cowboys, Eagles, Jets, but don't bother talking to any of those guys...Patriots are the other Elite team in the league...so for me, its fun to go up against the Best.

Colts bore me...really they do...Manning has 1 freaking ring...he should have like 4 but he can't beat the Steelers and Patriots in the same Playoff season can he? Nope.

Our Two teams are the Best in the NFL, you guys got us by one Trophy right now this Decade, but I like our chances with our core group of players of competing again, next year, the following year and every year.

Cowboys? Joke, Colts, dead without Manning, Jets, laughable til Namath dies and the curse is lifted, 9ers? Who? Ravens? not quite. Panthers? Eagles?

Who else is there really as an Elite team. Its you...and its us.

Its what makes our "rivalry" so great.

After tonights super bowl....you have now all become witness/fans of the 2nd best team of the modern era....the ne/ patriots..congrats...itll now take two years to out due the steelers....they are the most dominant franchise of the 2000s....nothing else you can say about it...

And this post is why cousins should never marry.

This post is in desperate need of Moderator intervention.

I've moved it out. He can go on and on in here if he wants to talk about how great their team is.

I've moved it out. He can go on and on in here if he wants to talk about how great their team is.

Thanks Ian - I have a feeling that was going to get ugly at some point.

I think its great that there is a Patriots in the League to compete with the Steelers for titles each year. I find the Patriots fans the most fun to talk with and talk smack with (although...dang AFC Title Game losses still hurt)

I registered on other boards, Cowboys, Eagles, Jets, but don't bother talking to any of those guys...Patriots are the other Elite team in the league...so for me, its fun to go up against the Best.

Colts bore me...really they do...Manning has 1 freaking ring...he should have like 4 but he can't beat the Steelers and Patriots in the same Playoff season can he? Nope.

Our Two teams are the Best in the NFL, you guys got us by one Trophy right now this Decade, but I like our chances with our core group of players of competing again, next year, the following year and every year.

Cowboys? Joke, Colts, dead without Manning, Jets, laughable til Namath dies and the curse is lifted, 9ers? Who? Ravens? not quite. Panthers? Eagles?

Agreed, 100% - Nice post - Beware of the impending arrival of a man named Brady.

Last edited:

Of course... technically, all you can do is almost catch up. We were IN four Superbowls, very likely to be five this time next year. That's a lot of appearances in one decade.

Good game though and I hoped you'd lose, but really, seeing either team sad worked for me.

Last edited:

nice try. but if you look at success over the entire decade you would come to a different conclusion. 4 Super Bowl Appearances to Steelers 2, 3 Super Wins to Steelers 2, 5 Conference Championship Appearances 4 wins to Steelers 4 Conference Championship appears 2 wins. 2-0 playoff record against the steelers during the time

any way you look at it, we dominate.

nice try

The Steelers win last night only further solidifies the Pats status as the team of the decade since they beat the Steelers twice on the way to 2 of those SB wins, both in Pittsburgh btw. The Steelers can claim that they are the team of the century with 6 SB wins but that's a totally different topic and should be looked upon by smarter people than I. The Pats are clearly the team of this decade.
Actually no. The Steelers only won 4 Super Bowls in the 20th century, the other two in the 21st. The 49ers and the Cowboys have each won 5 in the 20th. The nod would go to the Cowboys, unless of course you considers the Packers who were great leading up the first Super Bowls and won the first two, or perhaps the Browns who were dominant coming out of the old AAFC. So really, there's only one thing the Steelers can claim: they have won the most Super Bowls. Based on this, perhaps then they are the best team in NFL history? Not in my book, when you consider they were bad for so long prior to the 70s.

I still can't figure out what this idiot is trying to say. Really I've tried to piece something together with this 'it will take 2 years' mystery. Did yesterday's win count for 3 rings or what? Do we need to do it with another HC?

You were lucky to win sir. Almost every phase of the game the 9-7 Cardninals out played your Steeleroids. Yards per rush, almost double in passing, each team had two sacks and you got one phantom fumble at the end. Almost double the penalties by the refs for your Steelers (and you have to admit many Bogus calls) and they still almost blow it.

The Steelers were ripe for the pickings last night and escaped. The kid made a nice grab but you never get there if the 2nd string safety doesn't slip a few plays earlier. Don't gloat too hard. Light some candles.

It now appears that your boy Harrison is a thug. His stats: Best play ever in a SB game and worst STUPID flagrant foul in the history of the SB in the same game, that he should have gotten tossed for that only cost his team a foot. Where is the justice? Light another candle.

Just think if the Pats were on Roids, how many Championships could we have won.
Wait a minute here!? A Steeler fan=Roids. So therefor 2=3?!
DW Toys

I'm of the firm belief that the Patriots are the NFL organisation which is the measuring stick. The fact that a Steelers fan felt the need to post on a Pats Messageboard immediately following the SB claiming greatness solidifies the point.

We can only hope they meet in the AFC Championship game next season.

I'm of the firm belief that the Patriots are the NFL organisation which is the measuring stick. The fact that a Steelers fan felt the need to post on a Pats Messageboard immediately following the SB claiming greatness solidifies the point.

To me that would hopefully settle this stupid debate of who is the team of the decade.

So GO PATS..

Brady is coming.....

I'd welcome that game...I'm very disappointed that we don't play the in the regular season this year. Stupid Dolphins and Titans have taken yours and the colts slot on our schedule.

I'd welcome that game...I'm very disappointed that we don't play the in the regular season this year. Stupid Dolphins and Titans have taken yours and the colts slot on our schedule.
Let's hope this can be decided in the AFC Championships game with both teams at full strength Dino! Looking forward to it already.

Let's hope this can be decided in the AFC Championships game with both teams at full strength Dino! Looking forward to it already.

I agree! If this game happens, it could very well put an end to all of this discussion. Until then, the Pats definitely have the edge as "team of the decade" in my book.

i agree that the steelers are the team to beat, but they need one more SB to even be considered in the same light as the pats from 2001 to the present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back