PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots: 2nd best

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakesta101

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
After tonights super bowl....you have now all become witness/fans of the 2nd best team of the modern era....the ne/ patriots..congrats...itll now take two years to out due the steelers....they are the most dominant franchise of the 2000s....nothing else you can say about it...

Last edited:
After tonights super bowl....you have now all become witness/fans of the 2nd best team of the modern era....the ne/ patriots..congrats...itll now take two years to out due the steelers....they are the most dominant franchise of the 2000s....nothing else you can say about it...

I was not aware that the "modern era" is 2001 to present and that 2 is more than 3. Thanks for the updates.

Thanks for sharing with us your deep, serious thoughts. This thread will become an instant classic, just like this other you've made:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/78766-2008-patriots-6-10-a.html

Last edited:
Please find the nearest speeding semi/train and stand in front of it. Your genes must not be passed on.

New England Patriots, 2000-2008
Regular season: 102-42
Playoffs: 14-3
Overall record: 116-45

Division titles: 6
Playoff appearances: 6
AFC title games: 5 (4-1)
Super Bowl appearances: 4
Super Bowl championships: 3

NFL record 21-game regular season winning streak (2006-08)
NFL record 21-game overall (season+playoffs) winning streak (2003-04)
NFL record 589 points for (2007)
NFL record 50 touchdown passes by Tom Brady (2007)
NFL record 23 touchdown receptions by Randy Moss (2007)
etc.
etc.

Pittsburgh Steelers, 2000-2008
Regular season: 94-49-1
Playoffs: 10-4
Overall record: 104-53-1

Division titles: 5
Playoff appearances: 6
AFC title games: 4 (2-2)
Super Bowl appearances: 2
Super Bowl championships: 2

NFL record 15 straight wins to start a career by Ben Roethlisberger (2004)
One motorcycle accident by Ben Roethlisberger (2006)

Head-to-Head, 2000-2008
Regular season: 3-2 Patriots
Playoffs: 2-0 Patriots
Overall record: 5-2 Patriots

Congrats on the win tonight, anyway.

0000042271_20070824133805.jpg

vs.

giselle_bundchen.jpg

This is a closer contest and may require extensive research, preferably primary research.

don't post again until you sober up

in fact, don't post again

I was not aware that the "modern era" is 2001 to present and that 2 is more than 3. Thanks for the updates.

I understand that the quality of education in western PA is barely adequate at best, but seriously, 3 > 2.

don't post again until you sober up

in fact, don't post again

What makes you think he wasn't sober? I mean we're talking Steeler fan here.....

What makes you think he wasn't sober? I mean we're talking Steeler fan here.....

That's true, but the phrase "out due" really gives you a hint that the fool is a few bricks shy of a full load.

What was that? I can't make out what your saying, it's all muffled, it's like you've got something meaty in your mouth or something. Oh well, I'm sure it wasn't important.

I understand that the quality of education in western PA is barely adequate at best, but seriously, 3 > 2.

That's what basic math has always taught me. Go figure. PA Education system...:eek::eek:

I'm a homer and all, but tell the Steelers to come talk to us when they:

Win another Super Bowl
Have a LEAGUE MVP
Win at least 18 games in ONE season
Hold the 3 Longest winning streaks in NFL History (One Regular Season Games, and the other two Consecutive Wins)
Have a player on their team that's in the arguement for greatest player in the history of the game
Have a player that considered the greatest QB of all time
Have an undefeated regular seasonn
Get to atleast 4 Super Bowls
Hold the all time Playoff consecutive win record
AND beat a team in the Super Bowl by more than a touchdown after we hung a 40 burger on them.

This conversation is stupid. Fun for Steelers fans, and Congrats to them, but stupid none the less.

Last edited:
0000042271_20070824133805.jpg

vs.

giselle_bundchen.jpg

This is a closer contest and may require extensive research, preferably primary research.

Patjew just pulled the Trump Card - Go back to your hole Steeler boy.

That's what basic math has always taught me. Go figure. PA Education system...:eek::eek:

The father of a close friend is the former Sec. of Ed. for PA. I will see if he can call in some favors to get his HS diploma recalled. :)

How can we be 2nd best when we beat you twice on Championship Sunday at Heinz field? You still have beat us in the playoffs and you've proven you still can't do that.........

Seattle and Arizona, have to be the two worst SB opponents in the history of football. Play a real team without the help of Terry McCauley and see how you make out.

The father of a close friend is the former Sec. of Ed. for PA. I will see if he can call in some favors to get his HS diploma recalled. :)

Maybe you can get your friend to look into the education of some Senators of PA.....

Maybe someone named Arlen.....

:eek::eek:

The penalties were enough for Michaels to say "Mike Holmgren having flash backs"... eluding too the completely lopsided amount of calls the NFLs favoriate franchise was receiving.... that frustrated me...

Warner had 100% full control of that ball at the end, and it was a pass, poor poor call by the refs in an attempt to just end it... Warner's hand is clearly in control moving forward with it...

Hats off to the Steelers on the last drive.

In the end that game was a copy cat of the year before that... The scrapy defensive team pulled out some amazing plays at the very end to win it. While the offensive team didn't do much all game, but did take the lead at the end, only to have gutzy amazing performances cancel it out.

In the end, the Steelers should have won by a lot more, they played down to the cards, and could have, should have blown them out by 2nd quarter but kept kicking field goals instead.

The cards gave me hope of an upset, but the steelers fought back to deny that.

Overall impression of the season, no great team, no great performance, no real legendary competition, no highlights... this season was boring, slow, and uneventful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes