PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' 21 game winning streak record dangerously close to being in jeopardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The packers have won 17 straight going back to last year. Ironically the last game they lost was to the patriots in the make-matt-flynn look like a HOF QB game. If green bay closes out the season at 16-0, which I think they will, then they break our record from 03-04 which includes the regular season and post-season.

slowpoke.png

As long as GB dont win the title, i dont care, i believe nobody on the patriots side cares...

Ok, for those of you who were in a coma from 2008-2009, the Colts surpassed our 21 game win streak (which didn't include the post season, by the way, we still have the longest streak counting post season at 24) by winning 23 straight regular season games. Greenbay is not close to either streak, they are currently at a 13 or 14 regular season wins and would need to win out this season and into next to beat the COLTS streak. They need to go 19-0 this season to surpass our streak that includes post season I do believe.

Eventually it will get broken. just like the passing yard records is goin to get broken..and then over the years, when the next slew of stupid rules that helps teams score even more come about, they will get broken again.

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the lowly, falling NYG keep their game a lot closer than many think this weekend, while hosting Green Bay.

We've all seen a home game where the team are significant underdogs come out and develop a halfway decent gameplan. Not only that, I believe that the Giants have their backs against the wall, and are dangerous.

This season is not over, and awarding the title (let alone 16-0/19-0) to the Green Bay Packers is entirely too premature.

If they do achieve it, then good for them...they have earned it, even though they haven't exactly faced top-notch competition. We'll see in the playoffs when they have to beat the SF's and New Orleans' of the league.

Yeah...what the above poster said. Colts already broke our record. But who cares? The best thing about that streak was it included a Super Bowl.

This post has fail written all over it.
:bricks:

The colt "record" was only for the regular season. Andthe packers in case some of you missed it won the SB last year, which would be part of their current streak

This post has fail written all over it.
:bricks:

The colt "record" was only for the regular season. Andthe packers in case some of you missed it won the SB last year, which would be part of their current streak

edit: derped.

Last edited:
Ok, for those of you who were in a coma from 2008-2009, the Colts surpassed our 21 game win streak (which didn't include the post season, by the way, we still have the longest streak counting post season at 24) by winning 23 straight regular season games. Greenbay is not close to either streak, they are currently at a 13 or 14 regular season wins and would need to win out this season and into next to beat the COLTS streak. They need to go 19-0 this season to surpass our streak that includes post season I do believe.

Lol not really.

The packers streak so far is at 17 - plus 5 gimme wins puts them at at 22 wins. How's that not close?

I was wrong about NE being at 24, for some reason I was thinking 21 did not include the post season, which it does.

I still couldn't care.

I could see the Packers being one and done. They have a worse defense than we do.

Last edited:
I was wrong about NE being at 24, for some reason I was thinking 21 did not include the post season, which it does.

I still couldn't care.

I could see the Packers being one and done. They have a worse defense than we do.

the fact that some of you don't even know the patriots winning streak including regular AND post season was at 21 games shocks me.

and even worse, some of you think the colts broke our winning streak with their REGULAR season win streak a few years ago. the colts record is as meaningless as the brady hasn't lost a regular season home game since 2006 record, which didn't even include the post season.

as far as the packers being "one and done' it has nothing do with breaking the patriots record if green bay closes out the regular season at 16-0. That would give them the new record at 22 games. they can lose their first playoff game and still hold the record.

If you don't care about it, that's fine - i respect that. some people care only about post season success and that's fine by me. i was just pointing out something patriots related.

and whoever posted the Favre retiring crack, you might want to try again since it is something new.

Last edited:

Not for nothing, but can't you see ANY team being one and done this year?

and even worse, some of you think the colts broke our winning streak with their REGULAR season win streak a few years ago. the colts record is as meaningless as the brady hasn't lost a regular season home game since 2006 record, which didn't even include the post season.

The reality is that the Colts streak is the only official one. The Patriots accomplishment is a nice one and will still be one regardless of what GB accomplishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes