Patriots 2016 Opponents, Bills Are Coming in Banged Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots 2016 Opponents, Bills Are Coming in Banged Up

Steve Balestrieri

Brown was the AFC Defensive Player of the Week when the two teams met a month ago. He made 18 tackles, had a sack and forced two fumbles.

Continue reading...

With absolutely next to nothing at the WR position and McCoy being highly questionable to play I hope the defense comes out in attack mode. No sitting back and playing pocket containment on the QB, release the hounds on TT.

With absolutely next to nothing at the WR position and McCoy being highly questionable to play I hope the defense comes out in attack mode. No sitting back and playing pocket containment on the QB, release the hounds on TT.

Why in the world would you do that? The only way TT can hurt you now is with his legs. Of course you play contain-and watch TT self-destruct. Pats will mix it up and pressure him some-but it will be disciplined.

Why in the world would you do that? The only way TT can hurt you now is with his legs. Of course you play contain-and watch TT self-destruct. Pats will mix it up and pressure him some-but it will be disciplined.

Controlled chaos, they have next to nothing to threaten the patriots defense at the skills position. A useless McCoy (assuming he even plays) and lets be honest straight garbage at WR. We all know how the Pats approach mobile QB's and I get it. But this time around the only legit threat is the QB, why sit back and let him be comfortable in the pocket, I say go get his ass.

Controlled chaos, they have next to nothing to threaten the patriots defense at the skills position. A useless McCoy (assuming he even plays) and lets be honest straight garbage at WR. We all know how the Pats approach mobile QB's and I get it. But this time around the only legit threat is the QB, why sit back and let him be comfortable in the pocket, I say go get his ass.

You might be right. They just may be able to do that and maintain containment.

Over/under sacks? I'll say two.

I agree with your 1st 4 sentences..but the LAST one doesnt make sense. "....let him be comfortable in the pocket.." ?? No one has ever accused TT of being "comfortable in the pocket". He has 2 strengths--1. his legs 2. a strong arm and good deep ball, outside the numbers-which he throws best outside the pocket. What are his biggest weaknesses? he sucks throwing from the pocket and sucks throwing in the middle of the field. So TT is one qb that you dont want to flush out of the pocket-then youre playing to his strengths. You still want some pressure but you want him pressured while keeping him in the pocket. Especially with most of his top receiving options either out or hobbled, he'll be dazed and confused in that pocket. My guess is most sacks the pats may get on him will be coverage sacks. Of course, if the Pats have a big lead, you might see BB release the hounds some.

How about using normal/attack pressure (rather than pure contain) and keeping Collins (or Chung would probably be good too) as a Spy on TT?

Obviously, BB and Patricia would mix it up to confuse him.

How about using normal/attack pressure (rather than pure contain) and keeping Collins (or Chung would probably be good too) as a Spy on TT?

Obviously, BB and Patricia would mix it up to confuse him.

Yup, I think we'll see some of that. No doubt theyll mix it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes