PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2015 Opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Given we're officially the AFCE winner the opposing teams but one are now set...
Away Games:
Houston
Indianapolis
Dallas
NY (Giants)
Denver
NY Jets
Buffalo
Miami

Home games:
Jaguars
Titans
Eagles
Redskins
Bills
Dolphins
Jets
AFC North @ now Bengals, Steelers and Ravens tied

Tough road opponents with the Eagles as the toughest new home opponent

Given we're officially the AFCE winner the opposing teams but one are now set...
Away Games:
Houston
Indianapolis
Dallas
NY (Giants)
Denver
NY Jets
Buffalo
Miami

Home games:
Jaguars
Titans
Eagles
Redskins
Bills
Dolphins
Jets

I agree that Denver on the road is tough, but Indy and the AFCE on the road is no different than this year, and the Houston, Dallas and the Giants seems easier to me than GB, Kansas City and San Diego.

The bottom line is that the AFC South is much weaker than the AFC West, and the NFC East is no stronger than the NFC North.

When was the last time we played the Giants in Jersey?

I'll give Denver that W in their house, otherwise, based on this year's strength, and barring some major overhauls at any of these teams, I say we can get 18-1. Of course we would need to retain Revis and Browner, but that's a whole different ball of wax...

Away Games:
Houston
Indianapolis
Dallas
NY (Giants)
Denver
NY Jets
Buffalo
Miami

Home games:
Jaguars
Titans
Eagles
Redskins
Bills
Dolphins
Jets

That's a tough run. I mostly look at the outer division opponents and just look at the H/A breakdown, hoping we get the tough opponents at home and easier ones on the road. Top of my head rankings:

1. Denver (away)
2. Cincy/Baltimore/Pittsburgh (away)
3. Indianapolis (away)
4. Philadelphia (home)
5. Dallas (away)
6. NY Giants (away- they are always a thorn in our side)
7. Houston (away)
8. Washington (home)
9. Tennessee (home)
10. Jacksonville (home)

In other words, six out of our seven toughest non-divisional games are on the road. Washington, Tennessee, and Jacksonville are home games but don't really give us a break since they are typically pushovers anyway. We will be very fortunate to finish .500 on the road next season, based on what we know today, which by the way is subject to drastic change.

Better close the deal at last this year.

Lord knows I will never pencil in that Giants game as a win.. not after what I've been through.. :(

Well you should. That defense is a shell of its former self. Gray goes for 200 more in that game.

For season ticket holders, that's got to be the worst home lineup you could construct, especially if Cincinatti wins the North.

Well you should. That defense is a shell of its former self. Gray goes for 200 more in that game.
You say that... gotta see it to believe it against them even though the matchup looks pretty good.

home games are cake..8-0 right there

I'll give Denver that W in their house

I concede nothing to that chocking dog over in Denver. Same with Fox and Del Rio, aka Bevis and Buthead. Actually scratch that, they might be breaking in a whole new coaching staff after this years likely one and done.

So, we raise the banner by TFB spanking the Stillers! Suh-weeeeet!! If they win last two, they win AFC North

Better win SB this year. Unlikely we will be #1 seed next season.

Wish Seattle was on the list, I'd like another crack at them (unless "we" meet them in AZ this year) :D

That's a tough run. I mostly look at the outer division opponents and just look at the H/A breakdown, hoping we get the tough opponents at home and easier ones on the road. Top of my head rankings:

1. Denver (away)
2. Cincy/Baltimore/Pittsburgh (away)
3. Indianapolis (away)
4. Philadelphia (home)
5. Dallas (away)
6. NY Giants (away- they are always a thorn in our side)
7. Houston (away)
8. Washington (home)
9. Tennessee (home)
10. Jacksonville (home)

In other words, six out of our seven toughest non-divisional games are on the road. Washington, Tennessee, and Jacksonville are home games but don't really give us a break since they are typically pushovers anyway. We will be very fortunate to finish .500 on the road next season, based on what we know today, which by the way is subject to drastic change.

Better close the deal at last this year.

One positive is we don't have to play on that ****ty Fedex field. Unfortunately we have to play on that even worse field @ NRG Stadium. It's a little premature to determine which game will be tough and easy but as always road games will be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes