Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsinthesnow, Aug 3, 2013.
Never mind, Dobson is on the field now.
No more red non-contact jersey for McCourty, apparently. I'm sure Triumph will be thrilled.
Not much information today, seems the wifi coverage has been weak at camp (though to be fair the stadium is the target area of service).
is one who is providing some coverage:
Mallett throwing well
Tebow still holding onto the ball, and had one tipped and intercepted by Collins.
Patriots Training Camp Day 8
So based on everything I've read in the camp threads Tebow has been awful and all those reports of improved mechanics and accuracy during the offseason where false?
The lord giveth (praise) and the lord taketh (it) away: â€Ź@Russ_Goldman in his very next tweet
Here is my proof that Ryan Mallett has the tendency to lift his back foot when throwing and the ball sailed. https://twitter.com/Russ_Goldman/status/363670191097397248/photo/1
Some more tweets....
Derek Havens â€Ź@PatriotsHaven 50s
Mallett picked off by Devon McCourty. D-Mac runs the length of the field, laterals the ball to Chandler Jones at the 5-yard line for a TD.
Derek Havens â€Ź@PatriotsHaven 1m
Everything has looked good, except his hands. Two drops today. RT @Desattack3: @PatriotsHaven how has Edelman looked?
Russ Goldman â€Ź@Russ_Goldman 5m
Tim Tebow is getting a good amount of snaps with some good and some bad passes. However overall looks better
According to Russ Goldman maybe a little improvement -
Tim Tebow is getting a good amount of snaps with some good and some bad passes. However overall looks better https://twitter.com/Russ_Goldman/status/363673003814424576/photo/1 10:49 AM - 3 Aug 2013
- Not a lot of people today at Pats camp. It's really starting to die down I guess.
- Going to be interesting to see if Devin McCourty plays corner or safety today. Dennard and Dowling have been hurt.
- 5 minutes to 9 and there are still no players out on the field. Weird.
- Some of the offensive guys are wearing blue jerseys today. Also everyone is in shorts not pants.
- Tim Tebow is in at punt protector during the early practice punt drills.
- Rob Ninkovich is back in as a long snapper. Yesterday he played some long snapper too.
- No more red non contact jersey for Devin McCourty. He is wearing a blue jersey today.
- There are two teams today. White jerseys and blue jerseys. Scrimmage type of practice.
- A couple of nice catches early in practice. One by Brandon Spikes and one by Aaron Dobson.
- Tim Tebow just got picked off by Brandon Spikes. Was a horrible throw. Spikes was amped.
- Vince Wilfork just attempted to kick a field goal. He missed badly but that was funny.
- I personally think that Edelman should be the punt returner this season. Leon Washington should return kicks.
- Bill Belichick is pissed. He just threw his hat. Looks like someone went offsides.
- Spikes is dancing a lot today. Has a pick and a broken up pass.
- Danny Amendola and Tom Brady working their connection. 2 TD passes already.
- The Pats have a play clock set up and everything. They are getting ready for their preseason game next week.
- Ryan Mallett just overthrew a wide open Kenbrell Thompkins. Then he comes back with a great throw to Ridley.
- Jamie Collins with a pick. 2nd pick of the day for the defense. Spikes and now Collins.
- Tebow just threw a ball into the crowd... Awful throw..
- The guy behind me at Pats camp: "Tim Tebow is not making this team."
- Tebow with his 2nd INT of the day. Picked off by rookie Duron Harmon from Rutgers.
- Q. Sims with a nice catch over the top of the defender.
- Devin McCourty just got pick off of Ryan Mallett. He juked a guy and the whole sideline went bananas.
- Michael Jenkins is not practicing today. He is not in uniform but he is here.
- Tom Brady hasn't even been in yet for the 11v11. Mallett and Tebow are the guys in.
- Tim Tebow to Q. Sims for a TD. 2nd time this practice that Sims jumped over a defender for the ball.
- Patriots practice has pretty much concluded. Was another good day of practice. Scrimmages and everything.
- Rookie tight end Zach Sudfeld was catching the ball really well today.
Twitter/Russ Goldman (check link for several camp photos)
- (Collins) has been grouped with the LB's but I have a feeling he will be lined up in several places. He is fast.
- Ryan Mallett I have to be honest is making some nice throws today.
- Tim Tebow throws and actually gets the ball out quick and completes the pass. (photo)
- On this pass from Tebow he is intercepted by Jamie Collins on a tipped pass (photo)
- Here is my proof that Ryan Mallett has the tendency to lift his back foot when throwing and the ball sailed. (photo)
- Tim Tebow is getting a good amount of snaps with some good and some bad passes. However overall looks better (photo)
- Pepper Johnson wearing a shirt with "Happy 40th Birthday Tom"
- Tebow and Mallett getting all the reps today
- Tebow after a few bad throws, hits Sims with a nice TD I'm the corner in the EZ
- Sudfeld getting a lot of looks today
- (Sudfeld) just caught another deep one dowm the seam from Mallett
What I've taken away from camp:
-Tebow is awful
-Mallet has been disappointing
-Collins, McCourty, Chandler, Amendola, Sudfield have been good
-Dobson has looked surprisingly good
-Jenkins is not making the team
-Ridley still has fumbalitis
- Zoltan Mesko, Ryan Allen, Stephen Gostkowski & Danny Aiken are the 1st players on the field. Mesko is wearing a blue jersey, odd.
- Players are coming onto the field. They aren't wearing their typical offensive white/defensive blue jerseys. Maybe a light scrimmage today?
- Tom Brady runs onto the field, the crowd erupts. Today is his 36th birthday.
- Good news, Julian Edelman is participating today. Michael Jenkins and Mark Harrison do not appear to be practicing.
- Devin McCourty is not wearing a red non-contact jersey today. He had been wearing it to this point through camp.
- #Patriots linebackers coach Pepper Johnson is wearing a T-Shirt that says "Happy 40th Tom!" Pretty funny lol
- Leon Washington walks to the sideline, gestures to the crowd to make noise -- fans go crazy.
- Brady just threw two back-to-back strikes for TDs to Danny Amendola in 11-on-11. Kenbrell Thompkins and Zach Sudfeld getting lots of reps.
- Tim Tebow is off to a rough start today. A lot of balls into the dirt and as @Russ_Goldman just said "Get rid of it, Tim! Get rid of it!"
- Gronkowski just walked on the field. He's wearing shorts a T-shirt. Coming to observe.
- Jamie Collins just picked off a deflected Tim Tebow pass. He has incredible athleticism for his size.
- I have not seen Jake Ballard or Ras-I Dowling today.
- Everything has looked good, except his hands. Two drops today. RT @Desattack3: @PatriotsHaven how has Edelman looked?
- Mallett picked off by Devon McCourty. D-Mac runs the length of the field, laterals the ball to Chandler Jones at the 5-yard line for a TD.
- Considering Brady hasn't gotten a rep in abt an hour, it looks like he is taking most of the practice off. Maybe a gift from Bill, perhaps?
- Tim Tebow is getting a lot of work today. The entire practice has been 11-on-11 drills essentially, with Mallett or Tebow at QB.
- As practice is coming to a close, the team is doing some running in three separate groups.
- The team huddles and signs Happy Birthday to Brady, the crowd cheers. Practice is over for the day.
- Pretty funny moment as Mallett plays WR, Tebow plays CB and Beady at QB when practice ends. Mallett made a nice catch down the sideline.
- Caught up with Shane Vereen. He says he is ready for a big year and feels good (photo)
- I just met Tim Tebow. Great guy, plus now I have the ability to walk on water.
- In all seriousness, really impressed Tebow spends so much time signing for fans, interacting and taking pictures. Can see he genuinely cares.
- (In response to the question, "Did Dobson really not to well or did have more to with Tebow being his QB?") - He really didn't get a lot of opportunities.
- (In response to the question, "How did Justin Green look?") - Great position in coverage, but WRs made catches on him a lot. Just missed it.
- (In response to the question, "Does Collins look like a difference maker?") - Yes. It's early, but I love him.
Paul Perillo @pfwpaul
No Dowling, Cunningham again and Tavon Wilson and Ballard miss practice as well.
Beginning to get concerned that the reports of Ballard seen limping indicates poor progress in his healing. Then again, were I the coaches, I'd give a slow healing player periodic days off to limit possible swelling, etc.
Pumped to see this guy play. Want to buy an amendola shirt but worried he might change to Kamar Aiken's number if he gets cut. You guys think he'll stick with it at this point because his jersey has been on the pro shop already?
I would pay money to see this video.
That would be using each player to his strengths.
At this point I would be shocked if Sudfeld doesn't make the 53.
There's one good reason for him not to switch: if a player voluntarily switches numbers, they have to pay for the lost revenue on the already-printed jerseys.
[This doesn't apply if the team makes the switch "for them" (e.g., if, say, the Pats trade Mallett and keep Tebow next year, and switch Tebow to 15, Tebow wouldn't have to pay for the jerseys).]
Twitter/Jeff Howe, Boston Herald
- Some offensive players in blue. Some defensive players in white. I smell a scrimmage.
- Edelman and Vereen are here at practice after getting nicked up yesterday.
- Pepper Johnson's T-shirt at practice: "Happy 40th Birthday Tom"
- No more red non-contact jersey for McCourty. Important with joint practices next week.
- Light practice in shells comes to an end. Full-team scrimmage with minimal contact. Laid back atmosphere. Team is loose today.
- Brady and Amendola were sharp on their first possession and got the rest of the day off.
- No Dowling, Ballard or Cunningham. Vereen and Dennard were here in uniform but didn't practice.
- McCourty returned to safety and intercepted a deep Mallett pass.
Twitter/Shalise Manza Young, Boston Globe
- Dowling, Cunningham, Tavon Wilson, Cannon, Jenkins, Ebner, Ballard all sitting out today
Twitter/Zuri Berry, Boston Globe
- Just finished talking to Jake Bequette. Good guy. Says he's at his fastest, leanest, strongest ever. Noticably slimmer.
Man! Picked the wrong day to take off. Well, video of Day 7 will be up soon.
Separate names with a comma.