PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2013 Training Camp: Day 6, Thursday August 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this thread, Christian Cat "likes" a post by a guy named "I've Killed People"... which was made in May, not even June. And he's the voice of reason.

k5x.gif

h315ECBB5

Patriots training camp, day 6

You'd be surprised. A 5th or 6th round pick, or a veteran backup in a position of need. Bolden to Philly for Salas straight up. Would you?

I think we've traded enough for Salas already.

In this thread, Christian Cat "likes" a post by a guy named "I've Killed People"... which was made in May, not even June. And he's the voice of reason.

In this thread Salva goes on an inventive tirade attempting to lambast a tebowite and merely exposes his own inability to distinguish between a posters' DATE OF JOINING and the actual date-time OF THE POST.
Ironically, supporting 'I've killed people's' original contention that the negative posters are the ones derailing the thread.

Congrats Salva.

Saints preserve me, this forum's become nearly better than autumn Sundays :p

Know what? It's time for all of the people bashing Tebow to grow the fck up. The guy plays for the Patriots, and he plays his damn heart out every game.

He is trying to make the team as a 2nd/3rd string QB, who might get in on a few situational plays. Is he as good as Brady, nope, but you guys are acting like Jack Wagons. I don't give a crap if he makes the team or not, but I am sick of this crap.

And I have now gone from indifference to rooting for the guy to make the team just to piss you bigots off.

And I have now gone from indifference to rooting for the guy to make the team just to piss you bigots off.

This is the perpetual cycle of Tebow, experienced first hand.

Honestly, I think everybody has doubts about his throwing ability when they first see him throw the ball. He looks like he's a natural right hander trying to throw lefty. (For me, this was back in 2006-2007). And you sort of file that away, and go "herm, a quarterback that looks like that."

Then all the negative howling comes out and you find yourself pulled in one of two directions -- either you pile on and mock, or you start identifying with the guy somehow, and keeping your mind open because of how he just relentlessly keeps on plugging against the negative.

I swear, I've been watching the guy since his freshman year of college, and his "polarization" can not be explained by religion, UF, or "running quarterback." It's something about the way people on both "poles" of the polarization are fascinated with him, either to take shots at him or to defend him.

It's like he's a 245 pound Rudy (from the movie), but with amazing physical talent.

Let's stop all this talk about Tebow by talking about Tebow.

Let's stop all this talk about Tebow by talking about Tebow.

Nope talking about him is fine, just like talking about Mallet is fine, or talking about anyone trying to make the team is fine. But some posters here spend their whole day trying to rip the guy. It gets old, and while some of the posters question his talents, everyone here knows most of them are posting because of his religion, which has no place here.

Know what? It's time for all of the people bashing Tebow to grow the fck up. The guy Practices for the Patriots, and he stands on the sideline his damn heart out every game.

He is trying to make the team as a 3rd string QB, who might get in on a few situational plays. Is he as good as Brady, nope, but you guys are acting like Jack Wagons. I don't give a crap if he makes the team or not, but I am sick of this crap.

The issue is people(deus) seemed to think that a quality post about Tebow's practice results were his time throwing to a child. Awesome, who cares!? the whole thread was pretty postive, talking about all teh players and things they were doing in camp, players who looked hurt, or who were excelling, there was a post about how brady and tebow were switching in and out throwing passes, nobody said anything, then deus walks in and drops a smelly pile of marketing bs on us, and the popehats come in and start praising him and saying its hard not to be a fan and blah blah blah. Tebow is essentially a walking patriot version of sweet caroline.

All six training camp threads have been derailed into Tebow debates. Today's thread will, no doubt, mark thread #7. Keep in mind, this is a third string quarterback we're talking about here.

The issue is people(deus) seemed to think that a quality post about Tebow's practice results were his time throwing to a child.

No, the issue is that I put training camp reports into a thread about training camp reports, and people like yourself posted really stupid things afterwards.

Awesome, who cares!? the whole thread was pretty postive, talking about all teh players and things they were doing in camp, players who looked hurt, or who were excelling, there was a post about how brady and tebow were switching in and out throwing passes, nobody said anything, then deus walks in and drops a smelly pile of marketing bs on us, and the popehats come in and start praising him and saying its hard not to be a fan and blah blah blah. Tebow is essentially a walking patriot version of sweet caroline.

Grow up and get over your bigotry.

Patriots training camp, day 6

No, the issue is that I put training camp reports into a thread about training camp reports, and people like yourself posted really stupid things afterwards.

This sort of nonsense is why you're among the worst posters on the site. Grow up and get over your bigotry.

Bigotry? Wow you have no shame.

This sort of nonsense is why you're among the worst posters on the site. Grow up and get over your bigotry.

People have their own way of revealing themselves over time, and posts.

Grow up and get over your bigotry.

If not wanting to read TMZ articles in Football training camp reports makes me a bigot, then I'm a bigot.

Bigotry? Wow you have no shame.

To be fair to Deus, I pulled the B word out first. I really can't come up with any other reason some people hate him so much. He has a bad day, and people rip him, he has a good day, and people rip him, he shows marked improvement and people rip him, Belicheck uses him in interesting formations, and people rip him, he plays pass with a kid at the end of practice and people rip him.

As soon as he was signed people started ripping him because of all the Tebow groupies that would show up, know what, hasn't happened, the only people that have arrived and aren't adding anything good are the Tebow haters.

So, yep stand by the Bigot call.

Can someone hurry up and make an asinine Hitler reference so we can nuke this thread under the Godwin Act? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes