PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2013 Training Camp: Day 6, Thursday August 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thompkins sure is putting together a lot of "best of the day" highlights so far.

I guess Dobson is stuck with #17. Reiss said the new receiver Haggerty got #83.

Haggarty isn't going to make the final 53 man roster barring a miracle or a rash of injuries. Final numbers are official until the end of the season. There is still time for him to change his number. I don't know why 83 would be his number other than it would be the only number he could have a 3 on his jersey as a WR.

I guess Dobson is stuck with #17. Reiss said the new receiver Haggerty got #83.

I'm guessing once they have their numbers for camp, they don't switch them around until the final 53 is put together. What's the point of swapping 83 to Dobson now if, god forbid, he ends up not making the team later?

Collins looks like a nice addition early on...any word on Suds, my binky... :)

Collins, Dobson, Thompkins...

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

Cunningham was also hurt, according to Bedard.

Ras I Dowling pulls hamstring on exercise bike on sideline, is placed on IR.

Who'd have thought an exercise bike could take off like that and go through a window.
poor old ras-i

I'm going to go right ahead and say it. I believe Collins will be DROY candidate.

I'm not sure he will get the quantity of snaps needed to do so. But if he does, then I definitely see it.

Haggarty isn't going to make the final 53 man roster barring a miracle or a rash of injuries. Final numbers are official until the end of the season. There is still time for him to change his number. I don't know why 83 would be his number other than it would be the only number he could have a 3 on his jersey as a WR.

I'm guessing once they have their numbers for camp, they don't switch them around until the final 53 is put together. What's the point of swapping 83 to Dobson now if, god forbid, he ends up not making the team later?

When it comes down to it--I think they give #83 a year off. Just a theory.

So far we've seen them assign it to guys that aren't going to make the team anyway, and to me it's notable that they didn't offer it to anyone of real name or talent who is expected to make the squad.

This will probably trigger the poo flinging, again, but it's being noted by multiple reporters, so we might as well get it over with. Here goes;

Tebow is the last guy on the field, throwing passes with a kid wearing his jersey Ow.ly - image uploaded by @BenVolin (Ben Volin)

And now Tebow is obliging the fans who patiently waited for his autograph. Practice ended 40 minutes ago Ow.ly - image uploaded by @BenVolin (Ben Volin)

https://twitter.com/BenVolin

Last Patriots player on the field after practice: Tim Tebow. He is throwing passes to a young fan in a No. 5 Patriots Tebow jersey.

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/363042566045831168

Photo: Tim Tebow with a handshake for a young fan who was catching passes from him after practice. pic.twitter.com/ZReXwXNq4X

Did the fan he's throwing passes to blow his back and ACL out trying to go back to an errantly thrown ball?

Interesting on-the-field note from Bedard:

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 24m
Belichick and McDaniels let their hair down a little offensively with Tebow. No, I can't give specifics. Guessing you'll see it a PS gm soon

I don't think many people will try to argue that Tebow isn't a good person. But, that being said, I'm sure someone here will try. Either way, is this your way of trolling? :cool:

No, I'm just hoping the inevitable stupidity (note the post immediately following yours for an example) gets over and done with early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing