PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2012 draft picks: Peter Konz, Harrison Smith, Juron Criner, Brandon Boykin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots 2012 draft picks: Peter Konz, Harrison Smith, Juron Criner, Brandon Boyk

I don't tend to want to disagree with DaBruinz. His far superior 20k posts seems to make him think because he disagrees he knows more than you.,....

I don;'t know why some people can't respectfully disagree with others.

Re: Patriots 2012 draft picks: Peter Konz, Harrison Smith, Juron Criner, Brandon Boyk

@PackerReport with a quote from Peter Konz today:

Doesn't sound very Patriot-like to me! :p

Sounds like Matt Light Part Two to me.

Sounds like Matt Light Part Two to me.

Then he would certainly be well worth a first round pick.

Bench press reps are one of the most useless combine stats.

Bench press reps are one of the most useless combine stats.

For a Center it's one of the few I really take note on and a big gauge on strength and conditioning. When a guy like Molk bashes out 41, it leaves a lot to be desired of a potential first round prospect. Strength is supposed to be these guys' main focal point.

If he can't bash out more than 20 reps, I'm going to be a little concerned about overall strength. As a projected 1-2 rounder he should be getting more than 20.

Last edited:

Molk is shorter than Konz. That's a shorter range of motion to be cranking those reps out at. I think Center is a position where technique greatly trumps strength.

For a Center it's one of the few I really take note on and a big gauge on strength and conditioning. When a guy like Molk bashes out 41, it leaves a lot to be desired of a potential first round prospect. Strength is supposed to be these guys' main focal point.

If he can't bash out more than 20 reps, I'm going to be a little concerned about overall strength. As a projected 1-2 rounder he should be getting more than 20.

Phew! Thank goodness Nate Solder managed 21 then.

I don't tend to want to disagree with DaBruinz. His far superior 20k posts seems to make him think because he disagrees he knows more than you.,....

I don;'t know why some people can't respectfully disagree with others.

The number of posts has nothing to do with debunks the spewings of idiots.. But believe whatever you want because you clearly won't believe the truth..

Konz is a wimp.

I could kick his @$$.

Phew! Thank goodness Nate Solder managed 21 then.

One has to deal with 250-300 lb linemen and the other deals with at min. 320 LB lineman.

One has to deal with 250-300 lb linemen and the other deals with at min. 320 LB lineman.

I really meant in comparison to Mike Adams. not a big difference between 18 and 21.

I really meant in comparison to Mike Adams. not a big difference between 18 and 21.

I'm not shocked at the Mike Adams performance. He has been vastly overrated and a huge underachiever in college.

I'm not shocked at the Mike Adams performance. He has been vastly overrated and a huge underachiever in college.

Mayock was talking him up as a guy that was going to shine in the drills. Not so far.

Mayock was talking him up as a guy that was going to shine in the drills. Not so far.

I know but sometimes Mayock is wrong. And he was disappointed with his reps today.

I've watched Mike Adams for 4 years. I really hope the Jets take him.

At best, he will be an avg RT in the NFL.

Really? There was no attempt by Smith to go for the big hit in the Stanford section? *ROFLMAO*
You really need to check with your doctor cause you are seeing things that aren't there.

Smith had 2 solo tackles and 2 assisted tackles against Stanford. That is what he was credited with.

You still haven't learned to count. Just because he was credited that way doesn't mean that he only had those numbers.
That vid alone proves he had way more tackles than he was credited with.
Harrison Smith vs Stanford and Miami - YouTube
7 solo tackles and 4 assisted tackles by Smith in this vid alone in the Stanford section.

I haven't spewed a single word of BS in my posts. I leave that to the uneducated like yourself. And no, you haven't posted any facts that haven't already been posted by someone else. You really need to learn to read and comprehend what is said instead of just making silly assumptions like you have.

Clearly you are just pissed that people don't have a hard on over Smith the way you do. Enjoy the ignore list..

You keep spewing BS in post after post. At least I can count, something which you clearly cannot do.

You keep posting lies after lies. Yes, I did post facts that were not posted by somebody else before.

I could care less about your ignore list.

Last edited:

Yes!! He's BACK!! :rocker:

Every time I see that Screen Name ~ for some reason ~ I think of Jody Foster in "Nell" trying to say "Evil Doer."

Evadur!! :D

Pick 27- Peter Konz, C: the best player at this point in the draft and fills a need.

Pick 31- Harrison Smith, S: the centerfield safety the Patriots need and a great fit across from Chung.

Pick 48- Juron Criner, WR: a few character concerns but the talent outweighs them. True Playmaker

Pick 63- Brandon Boykin, CB: typical pats pick, Boykin is a jack of all trades player who can also play receiver

Pick 94- Chris Givens, WR: the past couple of years the patriots have double dipped with skill position players and I think they do the same this year at receiver.

Pick 126- Donte Paige-Moss, DE/LB: major character concerns but as a 4th round pick the patriots are willing to gamble as they did last year with Ryan Mallett. Like Mallett, Moss is a first round talent.
Pick 27 - Konz - After the performance at the NFL combine by Jones and Brewster, Konz may be a consideration at 27 or 31. Would still focus on a DL or LB at this spot.
Pick 31 - Smith - he is a mid to late 2nd round pick and trade the #31 and get a 2013 1st round and late 2nd round. If not take him at #48 and get Hightower or Fletcher Cox
Pick 48 - Criner - Like Criner but Pats a need DL, LB and Safety more than WR. Vin Curry, Crick or similar players may be available
Pick 63 - Boykin - good player but question is his size. His skills are similar to Dowling but if the Pats pick him, he is also a good returner and can replace Edelman. I really like johnson from Iowa state who is a big physical cb. If Criner drops, then he should be considered.
Pick 94 - Chris Givens - WR - really haven't head much about his skills but some think he is a 4th round value.
Pick 126- Donte Paige-Moss, DE/LB - good pick and worth the gamble

Last edited:

Yes!! He's BACK!! :rocker:

Every time I see that Screen Name ~ for some reason ~ I think of Jody Foster in "Nell" trying to say "Evil Doer."

Evadur!! :D

You're the only one happy about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes