PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2011 Season Wrap - QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots 2011Season Wrap- QBs
By: Steve Balestrieri

the Patriots may choose to trade one of their back-up QBs for draft picks or a player....

Brady is obviously the starter for at least the next 4 years barring any injury or drastic drop in play, so trading Hoyer or Mallet would be a good move...I think Hoyer could net them a nice draft pick...maybe even a 3rd or 2nd rounder.

Brady.

The article has it right. Realistically, the Pats can expect one or two more seasons from TB at the elite level to which we have all become accustomed. After that, we just can't know. He's been hit a lot and hurt a lot. He'll be 37 at the start of the final year of his current contract, the average retirement age of SB-era HOF QB's. That feels right to me.

This assumes, of course, that he returns from last week's loss with the same fire that has characterized his career so far. Everything we can observe about him suggests that he'll be primed and ready to go in July, but, once again, we just can't know.

Hoyer and Mallett.

One pass this year between them. It's all speculation for us; the only people who know anything aren't talking. So, it's a case of "In Belichick I trust."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes