PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots -15 vs. Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be seriously depressed if the pats don't win by 2 TD's or more because Oakland looks destined to become the second team in NFL history to go 0-16. I would be disappointed if the secondary doesn't get at least two picks from Carr. Oakland is truly a black hole where football careers are destroyed. Man, I am just glad the Pats rescued Randy Moss before his last few good years were wasted.

I dont know if the Raiders are putting him in a position to fail or if he is a bust. Talked to a few Raiders fan and they are not happy with him so far.

He's a stud prospect and they're the Raiders, so I'm inclined to guess that it's on the organization. Khalil will be really good for someone. He's very similar to Von Miller.

He's a stud prospect and they're the Raiders, so I'm inclined to guess that it's on the organization. Khalil will be really good for someone. He's very similar to Von Miller.

We'll see. I have a few close friends out there and they say he is a lost puppy. But then again they want him to be All-Pro yesterday. We all know it normally doesn't quite work out that way. Its a pretty big leap from div2 to the NFL. I wish him the best in week4. Week 3 he can suck all he wants.

We'll see. I have a few close friends out there and they say he is a lost puppy. But then again they want him to be All-Pro yesterday. We all know it normally doesn't quite work out that way. Its a pretty big leap from div2 to the NFL. I wish him the best in week4. Week 3 he can suck all he wants.

Right on, I live out in LA where half of the locals between the agest of 30 and 45 are diehard Raiders fans. Your friends' assessment isn't wrong, exactly--he does look lost--but so does everyone else on that D. When the entire unit sucks as badly as theirs does, nobody is going to look good. And yeah, the expectations for him are way too high. It's standard Raider fan stuff. Lose your one really good defensive player, import a couple of underperforming veterans, draft a blue chip guy, assume that the a guy who showed some promise last year (Sio Moore) is going to suddenly become an All Pro, and bam - top 10 defense.

But no. Tuck and Woodley are washed up, they miss the hell out of Houston, Moore is good but isn't good enough to fix this mess, and Mack isn't quite there yet. Naturally, they blame Mack because he's the guy who was supposed to be unstoppable. He plays an unorthodox position, though, and I have zero faith in the Raiders to use him correctly.

Saw these gems on the Raider forum.
Thread title: "Good News for the New England Patriots."
Belichick's forte is figuring out what your team does well and game planning to take it away. This team does NOTHING well. We have the Pats right where we want them!

The only tough decsion Belichick will have is figuring out which quarter to pull Brady and rest him with the comfortable lead.

However, we generate no pass rush, so Brady has no risk of being hurt.

During the game, Tom Brady can leave the stadium and drive to In-N-Out Burger to place an order, come back and have more then enough time to make a pass. Our d-line is invisible!

I will out of the country so it probably be for me mercifully.

let's see him just try and game plan for the double fumble play. I dare him to figure that one out!

hoping for a big game from the gronk!! two td's please.

Win by 1.
Save the other 14 for the Chiefs and Bengals over the next couple of weeks.

This is the whistling past the grave yard thread. NE is less than impressive on O so far. The D improved against a one dimensional Vikings team. Now I am not picking Oakland to win, but this game could be tighter than most expect? When did Patriots fans turn into such arrogant slobbering fools.
Fantasy football is ruining the NfL and it's fan base.

Pull a Conan on them...

This is the whistling past the grave yard thread. NE is less than impressive on O so far. The D improved against a one dimensional Vikings team. Now I am not picking Oakland to win, but this game could be tighter than most expect? When did Patriots fans turn into such arrogant slobbering fools.
Fantasy football is ruining the NfL and it's fan base.

Oakland hasn't been better than a .500 team in a dozen seasons, is starting a rookie QB, hasn't scored more than 14 points in a game yet this season, is on the road with the long coast-to-coast trip, and has been outscored by better than 2:1

NE is 52-9 over the last 4+ seasons, hasn't scored fewer than 20 points yet this season, has outscored its opponents 50-17 when you look at what they've done other than in the disastrous second half in Miami, has outscored its opponents 50-40 even if you add in that second half, and is at home against an opponent coming all the way from the west coast.

That's not fantasy football. That's history. History says that this game should be a blowout win for the Patriots.

The power ranking aspect I saw has N.England favored by -26, giving them the edge due to the fact that they are "only" giving -15.

That said, I think it's going to come down to the usual game of turnovers. We've been able to accumulate 7 turnovers in the first two games, so as long as that continues things should be just fine. Obviously, things can always change quite quickly if we're not able to force some turnovers, or somehow cough up the ball a couple of times ourselves.

For what it's worth, the public is currently favoring Oakland + the points, which is also why it's gone down to -14 in a lot of places now. It seems as though people are still somewhat leery of the 2014 Patriots this early in the season, likely due to the inefficiency of the scoring side.

http://www.thespread.com/component/...=nfl/expanded&gameid=20140921NEWENGLAND&sit=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes