PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 12-4...First Seed in the AFC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots4Ever

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I still believe that we are the team to beat.Our last two games were rough,I was pretty shaken up to see our first back to back loss since 02',But ya know what? We still have the greatest coach in the league,Still the most capable and leader capable QB in the NFL.Tommy is going through some things I think,His stats show it,However.It's nothing that He wont pull out of.Im thinking the Vinny signing was that he has someone to help him out in the way of advice of the Sidelines.I give us our only potential loss against Chicago,they look pretty hot right now.But to all the Bandwagoners out there,Shame on You.Even if we do drop three more games and go 10-6.Thats still a playoff spot,and we will do whatever we need to do to bring Bob Kraft home another Trophy.IN BILL WE TRUST...Or have we forgotten about that? Im not seeing as much negativity as I would have thought by now.But its still out there.This is Patriots time of year.Cold weather,Snow.A BRUISING running game.We will be all right.GO PATS!

#1 seed with us 12-4 means the Colts would have to lose 5 the rest of the way.

BelichickFan said:
#1 seed with us 12-4 means the Colts would have to lose 5 the rest of the way.

WISHFUL THINKING..It could happen...:cool:

Nice Dream but here is what I think will happen, and hope will happpen

The Colts have all but the one seed locked up...

The battle is for the number 2 seed...

We should, SHOULD, win the division.. Baltimore got the north locked up , and the Denver and San Diego and I will go with Kansas City as the other playoff teams

Our hope as Pats fans, is we hope San Diego wins the West.. at 11-5 Denver also goes 11- 5 Kansas city goes 10-6 And I say we go 12-4 and get the second seed.. ( the Miami game only concerns me right now) ... So here is how I hope the AFC Seeds end up..

1 Indy
2 Pats
3 San Diego
4 Baltimore
5 Denver
6 Kansas City

San Diego beats Kansas City
Baltimore beats Denver

Baltimore vs Indy
San Diego vs Pats

Indy beat Baltimore barley
Pats will beat San Diego..

Indy Pats, let the chips fall where they may...

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Nice Dream but here is what I think will happen, and hope will happpen

The Colts have all but the one seed locked up...

The battle is for the number 2 seed...

We should, SHOULD, win the division.. Baltimore got the north locked up , and the Denver and San Diego and I will go with Kansas City as the other playoff teams

Our hope as Pats fans, is we hope San Diego wins the West.. at 11-5 Denver also goes 11- 5 Kansas city goes 10-6 And I say we go 12-4 and get the second seed.. ( the Miami game only concerns me right now) ... So here is how I hope the AFC Seeds end up..

1 Indy
2 Pats
3 San Diego
4 Baltimore
5 Denver
6 Kansas City

San Diego beats Kansas City
Baltimore beats Denver

Baltimore vs Indy
San Diego vs Pats

Indy beat Baltimore barley
Pats will beat San Diego..

Indy Pats, let the chips fall where they may...

This theory seems doable. There's ZERO chance we get the No. 1 seed. That's over. Done. History. I really don't care because this team is capable of going into Indy's little cocoon and winning when it matters. We gave them the last game on a silver platter and they still only eeked out a 7 pt. win.

I do think SD would give us big problems.

No way, not with the manner in which the New England Patriots are currently playing. Please also consider these factors:

1) Rodney Harrison's injury
2) Tom Brady's erratic performances the past two weeks
3) Josh McDaniels' abysmal play calling
4) Richard Seymour's disappearance
5) Inconsistent defensive pass rush
6) Games versus the Bears at home; Dolphins and Jaguars on the road.

Don't look past Green Bay. If and when they avoid turnovers, they are better than the record would indicate.

We gave them the last game on a silver platter and they still only eeked out a 7 pt. win.

If by giving the Colts the game on a silver platter you mean, just like last year, that the Colts marched up and down the field at will, then yeah... on a silver platter.

Nice sippin' koolaid, SeanPaPa!
I like it.
Gimme another to wet my whistle.

Yankees/Colts said:
If by giving the Colts the game on a silver platter you mean, just like last year, that the Colts marched up and down the field at will, then yeah... on a silver platter.

Two completely different games. But thanks for playing.

Dont count those boys from South Florida out just yet. ;) Haha, let's just hope they keep winning. What's up guys, it's been a while. I haven't been able to access Patsfans forever. Has there been some server problems or what?

Any way, like many have said, the Pats have almost no shot at the one seed. The number 2 seed is doable as long as they show up like they did vs. Minnesota. If they play the rest of the way like they did against NY, the division isn't even safe.

One more quick question. What do you guys think is the deal with Brady's shoulder? Why would you guys sign Testeverde?

Last edited:
psychoPat said:
Nice sippin' koolaid, SeanPaPa!
I like it.
Gimme another to wet my whistle.

I know --- Denver 5?????????

Sean Pa Patriot has the found the key for our post-season possibilities - Denver becomes a wild card. No one would figure to beat the Pats three in a row but I still want nothing to do with a January game in Broncoland. As a wildcard, Denver would not be able to host a game against a division winner, regardless of the won-loss records, so Denver would have to come to Foxboro if we end up playing them. Go San Diego! If the Chargers win both games against Denver (1st one is Sunday night) they will have their division locked up and give the Pats a real break. Losing that Jets game just might come back to haunt us...

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:
Losing that Jets game just might come back to haunt us...
Losing the Jets game was inexcusable! :mad:

Marty Schotenheimer, Mike Shanahan ... I will take my chances against Marty Schotenheimer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back