PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot Whispers from Profootballweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly. same site that said "Randy Moss may be cut..not the player Patriots expected in camp"

that quote brings back funny memories when they said moss is on the bubble :rofl:

Well, the Samuel comment is taken straight from a recent BB press conference.

The one where they said the Pats thought he was a product of the system? Belichick's affection was voiced in the presser you're talking about, but the vast majority of those "whispers" appear to be pure speculation.

No!!! Maroney and Meriweather are not playing a lot because they dont need to!!! Right?

Maroney is a top five back according to some on this board :rolleyes:

I love the Meriweather excuse makers more. " Meriweather is behind Baker on the depth chart because the pats want it that way"! Yea right!

No no no. Don't you understand? Maroney is a STUD that we just choose not to use and Meriweather is a 1st Rd pick that needs "time" to "learn" the defense and when he does he will be the next Ed Reed:rolleyes: .

No no no. Don't you understand? Maroney is a STUD that we just choose not to use and Meriweather is a 1st Rd pick that needs "time" to "learn" the defense and when he does he will be the next Ed Reed:rolleyes: .

the Patriots are 11-0 this season...have you even been paying attention? Did M and M steal your milk money or something. Every day it's a nonstop tirade against these two players...uh...we get it...we got it two weeks ago, You have ANYTHING pro Patriots to talk about?

I dont get it.

Andy, diapers are not what a tough NFL running back normally finds in his locker. (strange point number one)

I don't think fans here are complaining about being hung with a new rope, as much as they are just voicing a concern about an obvious, although masked situation. The situation is that Sammy Morris quickly and quietly fell into the lead back role (strange point number two), and Laurence stood around watching on the sideline as Bill preferred third string guys to pound it against Buffalo (strange point number three). Somebody said, "injured foot" and Laurence said, "no injured foot." (strange point number four)

Then Laurence issued some sort of statement about not ever giving up his running style (strainge point number five) that sounded, depending on your mood, like a digging in of his heels.

On that last point - about style - you'll notice that Sammy Morris ran hard downhill and that was the style that was favored or how would he have taken the lead back role? Secondly, the style used by Eckyl and Evans is the same style Morris uses - downhill and punishing. What is it about Laurence that reminds you of the word "punishing"?

Obviously I'm guessing, but I think the kid has a stylistic problem that isn't going away and that's why he isn't featured more. He isn't running like Sammy Morris ran. If Sammy was still here he'd be carrying the load without question.

Funny, because everyone jumped all over my arse when I pointed out that Pioli's last two drafts have been TERRIBLE!!!!!!!! You guys can make excuses for the last two drafts all you want, but the fact remains that other than Gostowkski, we are getting NOTHING from anyone other than Maroney who has been an outright DISSAPOINTMENT. If you guys can't look at the last two drafts and recognize that they have been BRUTAL, than I just don't know what else to say. Terrible. Absolutely terrible. You guys can blast me all you want, but it's the truth.

Of course Maroney has quickness, but he's not Faulk quick IMO.

Maroney has more track speed, but I do associate "quickeness" with the speed off the line, and then ability to change direction quickly.

We know Maroney is not Marion Butts on the quickness scale, but I would still take Faulk over him for that one attribute in isolation.

Once either of them gets open space I would expect Maroney to accelerate to a faster speed. He never gets into that kind of space though.

Faulk starts and stops both lateralley and forward much slower than Maroney. How does that make him quicker? As I have said before Faulk is a good player but Maroney is on another planet in terms of athleticism. Maroney makes lightning quick cuts while Faulk relies on perfectly blocked plays to advance the ball. If you asked someone on an opposing team who was easier to tackle in the open field, i would highly doubt anyone would say Faulk. Faulk gets crushed 90% of the time he touches the ball because he rarley out quicks anyone.

the Patriots are 11-0 this season...have you even been paying attention? Did M and M steal your milk money or something. Every day it's a nonstop tirade against these two players...uh...we get it...we got it two weeks ago, You have ANYTHING pro Patriots to talk about?

Funny, maybe you should read all my posts then. I am the biggest Brady homer on this board and have posted several positive things. Unlike most here, however, I just don't sit around ignoring the negative things just because the team is 11-0.

2nd and a 7th for Welker..."brutal!!!!!!!"

4th rounder for Moss..."terrible!!!!"

Glad you're not the GM

Andy, diapers are not what a tough NFL running back normally finds in his locker. (strange point number one)

I don't think fans here are complaining about being hung with a new rope, as much as they are just voicing a concern about an obvious, although masked situation. The situation is that Sammy Morris quickly and quietly fell into the lead back role (strange point number two), and Laurence stood around watching on the sideline as Bill preferred third string guys to pound it against Buffalo (strange point number three). Somebody said, "injured foot" and Laurence said, "no injured foot." (strange point number four)

Then Laurence issued some sort of statement about not ever giving up his running style (strainge point number five) that sounded, depending on your mood, like a digging in of his heels.

On that last point - about style - you'll notice that Sammy Morris ran hard downhill and that was the style that was favored or how would he have taken the lead back role? Secondly, the style used by Eckyl and Evans is the same style Morris uses - downhill and punishing. What is it about Laurence that reminds you of the word "punishing"?

Obviously I'm guessing, but I think the kid has a stylistic problem that isn't going away and that's why he isn't featured more. He isn't running like Sammy Morris ran. If Sammy was still here he'd be carrying the load without question.

Get over Sammy Morris. He had two good games against dreadful defenses and people suddenly anoint him the next Jim Brown. As has been mentioned, Laurence Maroney was carrying the ball more and producing more through the first three games of the season. "Sammy Morris?... Don't talk about... Sammy Morris? You kiddin' me? Sammy Morris?!"

2nd and a 7th for Welker..."brutal!!!!!!!"

4th rounder for Moss..."terrible!!!!"

Glad you're not the GM

Wow, do you know how to read? I posted 3 days ago about this. I said we are GREAT at making trades, signing free agents, and choosing who and who not to re-sign. Howver, our drafting college players has been a mixed bag to say the least, especially the last two years. We better keep trading picks away for proven players, because Pioli has been swinging and missing more than JD Drew the last 2 years.

deadhorse.jpg

I don't think I have ever seen so many people so down on a team with a winning record, let alone one that is 11-0. Jeez.

pretzel logic Maroney hater...a 2nd, a 4th and a 7th got us Moss and Welker...you can spin your hatred of Pioli and certain players all you want but the fact is this team is 11-0 this year...any rational person would see that the front office is doing a pretty good job.

But keep up the Hate Parade...I hope it carries us all the way to 19-0

pretzel logic Maroney hater...a 2nd, a 4th and a 7th got us Moss and Welker...you can spin your hatred of Pioli and certain players all you want but the fact is this team is 11-0 this year...any rational person would see that the front office is doing a pretty good job.

But keep up the Hate Parade...I hope it carries us all the way to 19-0

What are you talking about? So if I go to a restaurant and the Filet is GREAT but the service sucks, than I can't complain? Guess what my friend. I know you may not want to hear this, but the NFL is not going to collapse and fold after 2007. They will be playing tackle football in a city near you in 2008, 2009, and I'm pretty sure in 2010. If you think wasting 1st Rd picks in back to back years on players that, as of right now, look like they are flat out JAGS is ok, than god bless ya. I, my friend, simply think we are robbing peter to pay paul. Sure, we may go 19-0 this year, but what's our future going to look like if we keep cutting countless low money draft picks and wasting 1st Rd picks on JAGS? Sure, we traded a 4th rd pick for Moss. Great deal. No question. However, guess what? The check becomes due after the season when we have to re-sign his arse to a BIG MONEY deal. We can keep trading picks all we want, but Pioli had better start doing a better job drafting players with the picks he holds onto because right now we are getting NOTHING from the last two drafts other than Gostowski and Maroney's mediocre play. I know this. If we lose the Super Bowl in a shootout to Dallas and we have Rashad Baker and Eddie "I can't cover a grill" Jackson in the secondary instead of Meriweather, than Mr. Pioli has some explaining to do.

gotta love how you boil down an 11 man team game to ONE Player and then IF scenario your whole premise...well, it hasn't happened yet...if you want to make a money bet that what you say will occur, I think you can get most of this board to take your action. Myself, I'm watching this season and enjoying it...obviously YOU are not, since your obsession with the future seems to preclude this. I actually feel sorry for you. You missed some pretty good years since 2001 too it looks like. What color is it in your world...grey all the time?

If you think wasting 1st Rd picks in back to back years on players that, as of right now, look like they are flat out JAGS is ok, than god bless ya. I, my friend, simply think we are robbing peter to pay paul.

you must have gone beserk when the Patriots drafted Brady in the 6th...that year's 1st round pick was WAY MORE IMPORTANT eh, Nostradumba$$?

gotta love how you boil down an 11 man team game to ONE Player and then IF scenario your whole premise...well, it hasn't happened yet...if you want to make a money bet that what you say will occur, I think you can get most of this board to take your action. Myself, I'm watching this season and enjoying it...obviously YOU are not, since your obsession with the future seems to preclude this. I actually feel sorry for you. You missed some pretty good years since 2001 too it looks like. What color is it in your world...grey all the time?

worst part about it is..were undefeated and Brady, Moss, Welker are having a tremendous season yet..we need Maroney to get 1000 yards? If Maroney gets 1500 like u expect and gets 10 TDs..thats 10 less TDs than Brady most likely. You can only be on offense so many times. And if that were to happen with Maroney scoring TDs..you guys would complain about Brady not achieving crazy #s with the WRs he has.

its a lose-lose situation. coaches choose what we do. Why do u expect him to get 20 carries against Eagles? They clearly have 1 of the best run defenses in the league. Remember Vikings game last year? #1 Run D so what do we do? 4 WRs, play catch all game. It wasnt as easy against Eagles..they played great but because we didnt get the success we usually do passing, it doesnt mean you switch your gameplan

The reason BB is the best coach of all time is because he game plans for each team very well and has us execute..should be common sense. If you have 3 very good WRs..a very good TE and the best QB in the game..do you risk running the ball instead against a top 5 run D or do you pass against a weaker pass D?

Its not like someone stole his carries that game..running game was limited. We started running a little in 2nd half because the pass wasnt working as well as we wanted to. Half time adjustments..give it a shot.

If we versed Cincy right now.. a terrible run D but they have some playmakers in secondary..what do u do? Run it @ them.

Gameplan switches from week to week..and this week..i dont expect to run much either. The Ravens are a very good run D..shut down guys like Willie Parker but their pass D? They had injuries..some guys coming back healthy but take your shots @ them and later in the game if all goes well, you sneak in running plays against tired LBs and DL who pass rush all game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down