PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot Whispers from Profootballweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.
who knows what it true but merriweather sure enough has had growing pains. we shall see how it goes next yr but considering the fact that many rookies have played for us in the past e.g. samuel,wilson,gay even hobbs, it is noticable that merriweather isnt playing more than baker.

The first two should get a certain crowd here on Patsfans completely incensed.
Quite to the contrary. This is excellent news.

The only problem I see is that PFW isn't down enough on Maroney and Meriweather.

Now if they would only come out and say that neither will ever be a force for the Patriots and the Pats are about to cut them, as they said about Moss three months ago, then I would be ecstatic.

who knows what it true but merriweather sure enough has had growing pains. we shall see how it goes next yr but considering the fact that many rookies have played for us in the past e.g. samuel,wilson,gay even hobbs, it is noticable that merriweather isnt playing more than baker.

The situations are different, though. Samuel, Wilson, Gay and Hobbs were all forced into playing time because it was necessary.

The situations are different, though. Samuel, Wilson, Gay and Hobbs were all forced into playing time because it was necessary.

i totally agree but they did end up playing well especially both wilson and samuel when they played from game 1 i think. If merriweather had progressed iam sure he wouldve seen more time than baker. but maybe the eagles game being a close one BB preferred experience over potential so we have to wait and see.But it is a bit rare for BB drafted 1st rounders not to see the field more in their first season. We shall know next yr.

Gosh...I hope they are wrong about Maroney.

Come on guys!!! There is NO truth to any of this. It is perfectly normal for a first round draft pick to NEVER play when a team is up by 35 points , and be buried behind Baker on the depth chart. I fact why would he play 12 games in to the season? Why would a first round draft choice do that? I mean the pats dont need to play this guy ever. They are holding him out because he is so good thy dont want to help the team with his "speed".

As for Maroney , he is durable as they come. He is a top five back. The pats dont want to use him because they are saving him. There is NO reason to call him out. The baby diaper incident was a joke. No truth to that either!

NONE of this could be even close to true

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's just NSA's boyfriend.
Danny, you and NSA have REPEATEDLY been over the top and overly critical. Not just once or twice. In fact, every chance you get.
Why would ANYONE take you seriously?

reported, just like you did to me. I am not insulting anyone or getting personal :cool:

reported, just like you did to me. I am not insulting anyone or getting personal :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman924
Edit: Danny got Banned. Sorry Danny, wasn't me, honest.

Quoted Shmessy: This is true. I never saw any PM's or post reportings from jman. I gave Danny88 the infractions. He has been under SEVERAL warnings for the past two weeks for personal flamewars. He continually ignored them and tonight continued personal flaming that had nothing to do with the thread at hand. It had nothing to do with "point of view" - - National Sports Advisors has received no infractions whatsoever while keeping the same point of view. He/she has kept to the issue instead of personal flaming.
Try to keep my personal life out of it this time.:D

Last edited:
No!!! Maroney and Meriweather are not playing a lot because they dont need to!!! Right?

We're saving him for ...... for ...... for ..... oh, we're just saving him.

No "sources" would say all that crap. PFW has made some reasonable assumptions based on watching the Pats play this year but this is nothing more than that. Faulk being quicker than Maroney is laughable. That might actually be the stupidest things I have heard about the Pats this year.

No "sources" would say all that crap. PFW has made some reasonable assumptions based on watching the Pats play this year but this is nothing more than that. Faulk being quicker than Maroney is laughable. That might actually be the stupidest things I have heard about the Pats this year.

Faulks got that "jitter-bug" type running style. Maybe that's what they mean.:confused:
He sure looked good at LSU though.:cool:

does anyone else think this sounds like a bunch of made-up crap??QUOTE]

No.

Haven't you noticed that Meriweather hasn't been on the field?

Haven't you noticed that Laurence gets about as many snaps as Grandma Moses and was playing second fiddle to Sammy Morris?

does anyone else think this sounds like a bunch of made-up crap??QUOTE]

No.

Haven't you noticed that Meriweather hasn't been on the field?

Haven't you noticed that Laurence gets about as many snaps as Grandma Moses and was playing second fiddle to Sammy Morris?

when did he play 2nd to Morris? When he was inactive? ha

Faulk carries the ball a lot too right? Faulk is in there because he catches better and blocks better. Thats his role. If we were gonna gameplan and say were running it, Maroney would be in there

when did he play 2nd to Morris? When he was inactive? ha

Faulk carries the ball a lot too right? Faulk is in there because he catches better and blocks better. Thats his role. If we were gonna gameplan and say were running it, Maroney would be in there

The three games Maroney and Morris played together, Maroney got more carries for more yards.
It seems everyone is infatuated with Morris because he ran for 100 vs the Browns:bricks: and the Bengals:bricks: :bricks:
This after Maroney ran for 100 against the Bills.;)

I do have to say though...it's amazing how this has become yet ANOTHER "Maroney is a bust" thread. Great job people!

Last edited:
Based on past history, I'm afraid the Pats will let both Gay and

Samuels go even though the alternatives are Tim Mixon and Antwain

Spann.

Oh I see. Brandon and Maroney have NO reason to be called out.

That is correct. They are Patriots and we don't say bad things about Patriots. All for one and one for all. That's why we still have Drew as our QB.

I don't feel I know enough of the "inside" thinking to take a view on a lot of this, but I certainly agree that asante is a franchise kind of back and the pats should do everything reasonable to hold onto him.

Quoted Shmessy: National Sports Advisors has received no infractions whatsoever while keeping the same point of view. He/she has kept to the issue instead of personal flaming.

Are you calling him a metro-sexual?

That's a flagrant.

Are you calling him a metro-sexual?

That's a flagrant.

Read: QUOTED SHMESSY
I doubt Shmessy is going to give him/herself an infraction.:p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes