Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://wbztv.com/sports/Patriot.Place.Foxboro.2.607023.html

CBS Sports Bar & Restaurant Coming To Foxboro
'CBS Scene' Under Construction At Patriot Place

FOXBORO (WBZ) ― A new sports and entertainment venue is coming to the area, thanks to a partnership between the CBS network and the Kraft Group, owners of the New England Patriots. They are promising 'CBS Scene' will be the greatest sports bar and restaurant ever.

"There is nothing like this anywhere in the country," Patriots owner Robert Kraft told WBZ-TV's Lisa Hughes.

WBZ got the first look at artist renderings of the new three-story, 15,000 square foot entertainment, dining and sports complex – to be built in Foxboro at Patriot Place, right next to Gillette Stadium.

"People are going to have a great feeling when they come in and party at the CBS Scene," Kraft said.

"People will be there during sporting events, during Patriot games, the NCAA basketball tournament, as well as coming during the week to view CBS programming," CBS President and CEO Leslie Moonves said.

Hundreds of television screens will play live CBS programming, along with some vintage favorites.

Seems like a ESPN-Zone type of deal:

ExteriorPats.jpg
patsdining2.jpg

More pictures:

http://wbztv.com/slideshows/CBS.Scene.Patriots.20.606183.html

Video:

http://wbztv.com/video/[email protected]

Seems like an awesome place to go.....during the week, grab a burger or a meal an dial up highlights of past games and past glory.

Last edited:
Seems like an awesome place to go.....during the week, grab a burger or a meal an dial up highlights of past games and past glory.

The only thing is the old-time TV theme. I wouldn't be able to stand watching a Patriots game with I Love Lucy pictures on the wall.

i will try to come again soon...

The only thing is the old-time TV theme. I wouldn't be able to stand watching a Patriots game with I Love Lucy pictures on the wall.

Ditto that.

Old TV theme? But...why. Guess they're trying to attract the non-football crowd year round.

YEA!!!! TAKE that ESPN!!!!!!!!!

It looks like they're building it into the hill, next to where that huge set of stairs used to be (and looks like still will be).

Man, people who have ADD shouldn't go there. It's like sensory overload.

Terry Bradshaw won't be eating there... :D

Hopefully part of the deal was to get Marino and Horsemouth to STFU with all the anti Patriots rhetoric. ESPN Zone's are as bad as Planet Hollywood or Hard Rock Cafe's.

So what happens if CBS ever loses the NFL games?

Hopefully they can filter out the endless, mind-boggling, eternal commercial
stream, or the place will become a desert fast. CBS sucks for football
coverage - almost as bad as the Monday Night Broadcast. If it wasn't for
the gawd awful hosts on Monday Night CBS would top the suckability ratings.

Last edited:
My question: will it ONLY be CBS programming 24/7? That's what it seems they're saying. So what if an important football game or other sporting event is on another network, will they not be showing it there?

Geez. Not to nitpick or anything, but that second picture on the right - - those tables and chairs look like something out of my high school cafeteria.

I fully hope that's not representative of the seating in the place, because the concept otherwise seems fantastic.

Also, judging from that same pic - - one of the screens looks to be showing a "Kate and Alley" rerun - - woo hoo!!!!! Yeah, CBS!!!!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes