PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot Place a BUST??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The economy AND Patriot Place are made of GLASS!:eek:

sorry...felt obligated to say it

I agree. Let's trade them for some day two draft picks.

I'd still personally go to Wrentham over Patriot Place if I was going to considering it's not that far away. And I don't think you can compare a street in the heart of a city with an outdoor shopping mall in Foxboro. People that plan the locations of those malls spend a ton of time studying the local logistics and target populations before they decide on where to build. Kraft hoped that the lure of the Pats connection would be enough to get people shopping there instead of Boston or Wrentham or Natick. I wasn't so convinced back then and I'm certainly less convinced now that the economy sucks.

I agree Wildo. Wrenthem is better, and a short drive away. Also, like you said, Boston has tourists, and professionals that shop Newbury. Foxboro has niether, 90% of the time.

I went there Saturday. First we went to the hall of fame. After that we went into CBS Scene and were told it was a 45 minute wait just to get to the bar and an hour and a half for the restaurant. We said screw that and went to Bar Louie just down the way. There it was an hour wait to eat at the restaurant but we could immediatley get to the bar so we ate there. The food was good and we had good service.

Same here. In October (night before the Rams game), we went to Red Robin at about 5 or 5:30 -- place had a line out the door. Then we went down to Bar Louie and got right in, although their service was slooow (as it supposedly is in all of their restaurants), and by the time we left there was a line out the door there too. Then we made a Hall tour, and since there was a revolution game that night, we got in the Hall before the gates were set up but the exit from the hall from the Pro Shop goes behind the gates, and the security guard didn't care to stop us. We could have easily stayed for the Revs game, but left instead. The whole setup is pretty impressive, with two more massive stairways (like the old one right next to the stadium) and a complex of bathrooms and elevators in between. All built into that old hillside.

I think one of the problems with it was that its opening was (and still is) so incredibly staggered. The Big Box stores opened something like a year ago (and there were still empty spots over there as of this fall). The Hall and some of the things in the main portion didn't open until this September, and some of the stores still aren't even open now. I don't know if the medical center is open yet either. The hotel has a long ways to go too. So we're talking a 2-3 year opening here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey