Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriot Killer Bernard Pollard signed by the Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

2. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -3

This is truly great news.
  3. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -2

So the Ravens have now lost both starting safeties and three of their four starting linebackers. That's a lot of change up the middle.
  4. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Good. Would have preferred NFC but I'll take this, and we just played AFCS last year so we likely won't see TEN another few years.

And I really really really hope we get BALT opening night.
  5. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 4 / -1

#12 Jersey

haha, I immediately checked to see if the Titans were on the schedule this year. Breathing a sight of relief. Besides, with Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene killing their cap, they won't be anywhere near the playoff picture this year. They're a distant third in the AFCS. Maybe even fourth if Jacksonville can get MJD back and something resembling competent quarterback play.
  6. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +436 / 4 / -1

#95 Jersey

What are the ravens going to do in the backfield...do they have a lot of draft picks? Man they are losing a lot..
  7. DaBronxPats14

DaBronxPats14 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Imagine if he did sign with us?! I definitely would have had mixed feelings about that. I guess you have to root for'da uniform but it would have been real hard, anyway don't have to think of it now with him signing with Titans.
  8. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

Good. The Titans are irrelevant and won't be sniffing playoffs anytime soon. The guy just had a knack for injuring our players at the worst possible moments.

Ravens look to be in total rebuild mode. Lost a lot of key free agents. I guess they will get a lot of comp picks and look to rebuild through the draft.
  9. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I find it strange and dumb that the Ravens give Flacco $120M for 6 years and are about to put out a defense for him that are missing more than half it's pieces from the SB.

Flacco is not Brady or Manning and must rely on his own defense to keep the game under control....I don't see it happening with a total overhaul so soon.
  10. convertedpatsfan

convertedpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +127 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think people are too quick to write off the Ravens. Yes, they've lost some starters from the defense, but they were pretty over-rated starters on a pretty mediocre defense.

Lewis and Reed had both lost a step and I expect them to upgrade Lewis's spot (not sure about Reed). Kruger was over-rated and benefited from Suggs' returning to the line-up.

Ellerbe was the one big loss that they will struggle to fill. But Suggs and Ngata were not 100% for a lot of last season, and Webb was lost for most of it. A healthy return of all 3 would be a big step up for them.

I still think they weren't even one of the top 3 teams in 2012, but they got hot at the right time and deserved to win. And though they've lost some starters, I think they could actually have an even better defense if they can stay healthy.
  11. Joey007

Joey007 Rookie

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0

#91 Jersey

It's a one year deal, so at least it means he won't be in the way of derailing our SB hopes this year. :cool:

I'm just waiting for the day he signs a 5 year contract with an NFC team so we don't have to see him anymore. Him retiring wouldn't be a bad idea, either.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.