PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot fans respond to Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've sat in the 100s and 300s. There's a bit of a difference, but it's not dramatic. Then again, when in the 100s, it's more toward the end zone.

i think our fan base is very solid. we make noise, support the team, tailgate etc. and endure top 5 ticket prices in the NFL.

what Brady doesnt realize, understandably, is that Gillette has the 2nd worst traffic in the NFL. (what could be number 1?). people leave early in blowouts to avoid an extra hour+ on the ride home. the way they manage the traffic is pathetic.

To speak specifically to Brady's comments on this past weeks game. Is Brady aware that for the entire west quadrant of the stadium, there was no sound for us at all during the ENTIRE game. It was like watching the game at home with the TV on mute. Just trying to keep up with what was going on was ridiculous. To not be able to hear the National Anthem at the season opener is pretty sad.

I don't blame anybody for leaving on Sunday that was sitting in the affected sections. You were better off listining to the game in your car on your way home.

That stadium is the Walmart of the NFL

I'm quite frankly shocked that some fans are upset about what Brady said. Many here have been saying this for a while - the stadium is just not loud. I agree with Brady.

But even if I disagreed I wouldn't kvetch and moan like a lot of these "fans." We're such a sensitive cry baby society that we can't take it when someone expresses an opinion that we don't agree with.

I'm quite frankly shocked that some fans are upset about what Brady said. Many here have been saying this for a while - the stadium is just not loud. I agree with Brady.

But even if I disagreed I wouldn't kvetch and moan like a lot of these "fans." We're such a sensitive cry baby society that we can't take it when someone expresses an opinion that we don't agree with.

It wasn't even an opinion. He just stated a fact.

Brady is right. I looked around at the start of the 4th and couldn't believe the number of fans leaving. If they don't want to stay to watch the whole game, they should just give up their tickets. There are thousands of fans on the waiting list that would be more than happy to be there, stay there and cheer on their team.

I would like to thank the pink hats that left early though. Sunday was one of the few times that we literally got in the car and pulled right out onto Rt 1 without waiting in line.

I totally agree.

This forum goes on "Not loud enough" "Pink hats!" "Red Seat'ers!" rants every other week but when Tom alludes to the same thing people call for his head.

• The fans have every right to cheer or be quiet, leave early or stay late. They spend the money on the ticket, they can do what they want.
  • Tom has every right to point out that watching the stadium empty in the 4th quarter is a big drag for the players.

Just pipe some noise into the stadium and create the allusion that the fans care

To speak specifically to Brady's comments on this past weeks game. Is Brady aware that for the entire west quadrant of the stadium, there was no sound for us at all during the ENTIRE game. It was like watching the game at home with the TV on mute. Just trying to keep up with what was going on was ridiculous. To not be able to hear the National Anthem at the season opener is pretty sad.

I don't blame anybody for leaving on Sunday that was sitting in the affected sections. You were better off listining to the game in your car on your way home.

That stadium is the Walmart of the NFL

What a joke. It's actually been ranked one of the best in the NFL.

The Ultimate Sports Road Trip's Best NFL Stadiums - Travel - ESPN

Best NFL Stadium: 2009 Edition | Bleacher Report

The mass exodus Sunday wasn't an isolated event. It's been happening more and more for the past few years.

Tom Brady is a athlete, and athlete are entertainers. If you leave during a performance it is very disheartening to the people performing. The only things that makes me angry on the whole thing is that people complain that they have other duties to attend, like the other 31 fans from the other teams don't.

What a joke. It's actually been ranked one of the best in the NFL.

"There are signature elements that are indigenous to the area, which we always like to see. You've got the lighthouse, the arched bridge, the rock formation in the end zone is very cool."

While that's all very nice, I don't go to the stadium to look at the architecture.

Even your quoted article shows a huge ding on the fan experience...."expect to spend a lot of time in the parking lot getting out."

"From the tailgate-swamped lots to the bustling shops..." the tailgating atmosphere has everything to do with the fans and not much to do with the Stadium. And who wants to go shopping on gameday?????

What we didn’t like: The Access—Some people park in the $40 spots around Patriot Place, while some choose the $20 lots down the highway. (No one uses the town’s stores, whose game-day towing policies are ferocious.) Some head for the exits in the fourth quarter, while others wait out the storm for hours after the game at their tailgates. All of them must confront the bumper-to-bumper gridlock that builds in both directions away from Gillette.

The mass exodus Sunday wasn't an isolated event. It's been happening more and more for the past few years.
[/COLOR]

Didn't you just make some of my point by posting these links......? Listen., i am there every home game, have been for many years. Things have changed. All I am trying to say is that for the money that we spend, things could be a lot better.

Same issue in my town. We have a hockey team (UND) that had one of the most vicious, hard to play in rinks in the nation. Then a private entity made us a 100+ million dollar rink. It's insanely nice, but of course now it has luxary boxes, no one stands anymore, the student sections are neutered, etc... it's sad as a fan to see it happen but money will trump fun everytime.
You can't be against Brady in this situation.

Same issue in my town. We have a hockey team (UND) that had one of the most vicious, hard to play in rinks in the nation. Then a private entity made us a 100+ million dollar rink. It's insanely nice, but of course now it has luxary boxes, no one stands anymore, the student sections are neutered, etc... it's sad as a fan to see it happen but money will trump fun everytime.
You can't be against Brady in this situation.

A donor gives a University $100 million and blows it on a hockey rink?????

Geez, couldn't that have been a slightly better spent charitable donation?

I was intrigued to hear what fans really thought of what Tom said....

Then I saw the link was about the Whiner Line and realized it'd be the same morons who call in jockeying to see who can sound the funniest, not necessarily the ones who have a legitimate opinion.

I totally agree.

This forum goes on "Not loud enough" "Pink hats!" "Red Seat'ers!" rants every other week but when Tom alludes to the same thing people call for his head.

• The fans have every right to cheer or be quiet, leave early or stay late. They spend the money on the ticket, they can do what they want.
  • Tom has every right to point out that watching the stadium empty in the 4th quarter is a big drag for the players.

God i hate your first point....if you are going to be quiet, stay home and let someone take your seat that might actually help with the home fiels advantage

I have attended about 20 games over the years and I often left thinking the crowd sucked. Embarassingly bad crowds. I was also amazed of the stupidity of the people leaving early only to sit in their cars and wait untill they let the lot out. Funny thing was we would stay at the game to the end and go back and have another round of tailgating while they left the game early to sit in line in their cars. And this is at a time when the team is once in a lifetime good, and people act like they're at a tennis match.

If you are one of those peeps who chooses to be quiet at Gillette when the Pats D is lined up, you are being completely outworked and outclassed by many other teams' fans, especially Colts fans. Sure, it's your right to be quiet if you choose to. We all have the right to do many things that a-holes do, but that doesn't mean we should do them. If you want to deny "your team" a valuable advantage in the very competitive NFL, it is within your rights to do so. Just don't call yourself a real fan.... you're just a casual fan with some dough. And remember this, real fans aren't too happy about you taking our team's advantage away and making our fanbase look bad.

Last edited:
I have been to many games and noticed the same thing. Brady is right !!!!!!!!! Let's go Pats fans, step it up and show the boys of fall the support they need and and deserve!!!!!!!!!! GO PATS :rocker:

Brady needs to shut his pie hole and play football. JMO.

I'm with ya brother. Tommy can call out the fans when he calls out his binky Randy for not "staying" the whole game. ;)

Just shut up and play Tom. Don't want to hear your views on global warming or Patriot fandom.

Jeez, you must leave Gillette when the gates open LOL :trolls::trolls:

lol at a non local with 54 posts calling me a troll. When did you jump on and bury your Marino jerseys? '01, '03, or '04?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back