PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot fans respond to Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the fans that help pay his salary have every right to cheer whenever they want. He should ask Bob to lower the prices so more blue collar fans can attend the games and actually sit in the lower bowl. Right now it's whine and cheese.

Whenever I sit down there, I always have some presumptuous season ticket holders giving me the devil eye and loudly asking their friend(s) where "Billy and Steve" are... assuming that I don’t belong down there.

Seriously, how does this make any sense.

So the poorer you are the more likely you are to cheer?
Lowering prices will make people give up season tickets for better seats because they are too cheap?
Fans can cheer whenever they want, but Brady and season ticket holders should "shut their pie holes"?

And the fans that help pay his salary have every right to cheer whenever they want. He should ask Bob to lower the prices so more blue collar fans can attend the games and actually sit in the lower bowl. Right now it's whine and cheese.

Whenever I sit down there, I always have some presumptuous season ticket holders giving me the devil eye and loudly asking their friend(s) where "Billy and Steve" are... assuming that I don’t belong down there.

No doubt we fans should not trash each other but perhaps Tom will exercise his right to move on to a team that has more passionate fans next time his contract comes around and we can all leave at half time when we're behind by 3 scores. No guilt about leaving early is the goal of all fans right?

Last edited:
I agree with you 100%. Perhaps, then, they should attend to those other obligations?

Perhaps. I know I wouldn't go if I had other obligations that day. But to each there own. Its their choice, but they then don't have any ground to stand on when they get called out on it by their QB.

No doubt we fans should not trash each other but perhaps Tom will exercise his right to move on to a team that has more passionate fans next time his contract comes around and we can all leave at half time when we're behind by 3 scores. No guilt about leaving early is the goal of all fans right?

I'm sure Sanchez would have been thrilled if all of the fans left at halftime last week.

roflmao!!!! :d :d :d

It was the misfortune of this dynasty that it converged with an exploding salary cap and the emerging "NFL experience" and fantasy fandom.

My cousin and her husband consider themselves sports fans. College basketball and Red Sox being their favorites. But offer them luxury box seats to even a Bruins game and they're all in...for the freebies and a few hours of living the life vicariously like they belong with the crowd who is there largely because they can afford the seats...

That said, the only really funny whiner line whine was the poor SOB who was still waiting at Gillette 4 days later and it was getting cold and wet and dark but he was ascared to leave without getting permission from Tom...

Tom is crazy like a fox. He killed two birds with one stone this week. Sent an message that unfortunately warrants repeating here annually even if it doesn't really resound or work - but more importantly distracted the masses from obcessing about what anyone else said this week or how they or anyone else might perform, or what remaining deficiency to obcess about, etc.

Your previous one was a classic.

This post was like Rocky II.

The shrooms are wearing off......but the FedEx guy just arrived with a package

I don't know what all the fuss is about. We had a lovely day at Gillette. Our limo skirted past the blockage at the parking corrals and pulled up to the Sky Box entrance unhindered. Our suite concierge, Alexander, greeted us at the private elevator with champagne flukes and guided us up to an elaborate brunch featuring local seafoods as well as some nonregional fare. I heard the stone crab arrived that morning (you could taste the freshness). A Mr. Robert Kraft spoke to those who had interest, but we set off to the suite to discover what new electronics were in place. Four flat screens were nice, but the senior execs were most impressed with a fully outfitted PS3. Two dozen games were available....the usual sports choices and fun games...but the latest Halo was a grand hit.
At 1:00PM, it was game time. We briefly opened the windows and participated in the welcome ovation. We were very excited. Of course it wouldn't be a true sporting event if wagering wasn't present. Several partners pulled out their money clips....and the fantasy bets came fast and furious. As we waited for the CBS feed to recap RB and WR stats, Alexander arrived with flights of wines fron Sonoma. I was quite partial to a Merlot from a little vineyard in northern Sonoma that I will keep secret for selfish reasons. I even snapped a photo of the label with my new Droid....outstanding detail.
Our suite was centrally located to the field elevator and a couple of us wandered down to the sidelines in the 2nd quarter and took pictures with some RB that wasn't dressed in his game outfits. Good fun. When it began to get a little too noisy, we escaped back to the suite...just in time for ice cream sundays.
The afternoon was wonderful, and we even managed to get back to the Ritz before the 4:15PM games started. And to top off a marvelous experience, I managed to win my fantasy game, thanks to the Patriots defense...16 points....I had no idea.

Outstanding post! Please DO stop by our box next time. Muffy SO wants to meet you. Dying to know about that oh-so-secret vineyard! Have your people contact my people. Ta da!

i think our fan base is very solid. we make noise, support the team, tailgate etc. and endure top 5 ticket prices in the NFL.

what Brady doesnt realize, understandably, is that Gillette has the 2nd worst traffic in the NFL. (what could be number 1?). people leave early in blowouts to avoid an extra hour+ on the ride home. the way they manage the traffic is pathetic.

Brady's right, the Gillette fans suck.

My friend once got assaulted by some mustachiod blowhard for standing up to celebrate a touchdown during a Jets game. What kind of crap is that.

I've been to games in Buffalo and New York, and both stadiums fans are far better. Yes, even the Jets fans.

You got a problem with my opinion? Go to a game and make some freaking noise!

When I went to a local bar to watch the James Toney vs. Randy Couture fight, I was talking over a few beers with a Jets/Yankees fan that night. Hilariously enough, he didn't think much of the Jets this year... but also had the Dolphins winning the division. Anyway, we started talking about the stadiums for the Pats and the Jets. He once told me that he got knocked out at Gillette from a sucker punch. He said it was definitely because he was wearing a Jets jersey because he couldn't understand why someone would blindside him just due to the fact that he was walking up the stairs.

No, I hit him because he spilled beer on my wife's lap, by mistake. And, it wasn't a sucker punch. I told him to apologize, and he wouldn't, so he knew it was coming.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. We had a lovely day at Gillette. Our limo skirted past the blockage at the parking corrals and pulled up to the Sky Box entrance unhindered. Our suite concierge, Alexander, greeted us at the private elevator with champagne flukes and guided us up to an elaborate brunch featuring local seafoods as well as some nonregional fare. I heard the stone crab arrived that morning (you could taste the freshness). A Mr. Robert Kraft spoke to those who had interest, but we set off to the suite to discover what new electronics were in place. Four flat screens were nice, but the senior execs were most impressed with a fully outfitted PS3. Two dozen games were available....the usual sports choices and fun games...but the latest Halo was a grand hit.
At 1:00PM, it was game time. We briefly opened the windows and participated in the welcome ovation. We were very excited. Of course it wouldn't be a true sporting event if wagering wasn't present. Several partners pulled out their money clips....and the fantasy bets came fast and furious. As we waited for the CBS feed to recap RB and WR stats, Alexander arrived with flights of wines fron Sonoma. I was quite partial to a Merlot from a little vineyard in northern Sonoma that I will keep secret for selfish reasons. I even snapped a photo of the label with my new Droid....outstanding detail.
Our suite was centrally located to the field elevator and a couple of us wandered down to the sidelines in the 2nd quarter and took pictures with some RB that wasn't dressed in his game outfits. Good fun. When it began to get a little too noisy, we escaped back to the suite...just in time for ice cream sundays.
The afternoon was wonderful, and we even managed to get back to the Ritz before the 4:15PM games started. And to top off a marvelous experience, I managed to win my fantasy game, thanks to the Patriots defense...16 points....I had no idea.

CLASSIC! I wish I wrote that, but sadly, I'm not very bright.

If Brady wants to hear more noise, he should turn the volume up in his free car. Or get the hair out of his ears.
I'll be here all week.

Does he have hair plugs in his ears too, or is that natural?

They sure do.

They CAN choose not to make too much noise so that the Patriots don't have the same advantages other teams have in their buildings.

Hypothetically, they CAN even root for the teams facing the Patriots.

You're 100% right. By paying their tickets they most certainly have every right to not help out the team and give the Patriots what is called in almost every other stadium the proverbial "Home Field Advantage".

What's your point?

My point is while im not on board with the hand sitters... (I scream a lung out), im also not on board with brady *****ing about it.

It's been the same lame crowd for 9 or 10 years now. The Lower Bowl fans (from my experiences) are comprised of many, MANY "Pinkhats".

Seriously, how does this make any sense.

So the poorer you are the more likely you are to cheer?
Lowering prices will make people give up season tickets for better seats because they are too cheap?
Fans can cheer whenever they want, but Brady and season ticket holders should "shut their pie holes"?

Go sit in 100's... then go sit in the 300's... you tell me which crowd is more likely to bring it.

And all this BS about the stadium design is exactly that... BS.

I've been there for playioff games where I couldnt even hear myself think.

Perhaps he will.

Bunch of defensive nancys, those callers were. Though I thought the "I just wanted to get on the road before you did!" comment was funny. :D

To the people criticizing Brady because you think that by buying a ticket it's your right to make noise when or if you want or leave early when you want to: It might be your right but it makes you lousy fans so why don't you do the rest of us a favor and stay at home on your nice recliners and watch the game in silence. That is if you even go to the games.

Go sit in 100's... then go sit in the 300's... you tell me which crowd is more likely to bring it.

And all this BS about the stadium design is exactly that... BS.

I've been there for playioff games where I couldnt even hear myself think.

I typically sit in the 300s and see all the same sitting on the hands stuff there.

To the people criticizing Brady because you think that by buying a ticket it's your right to make noise when or if you want or leave early when you want to: It might be your right but it makes you lousy fans so why don't you do the rest of us a favor and stay at home on your nice recliners and watch the game in silence. That is if you even go to the games.

You're right... they suck. But those are the people who will be there until the team starts losing again. Unfortunately.

I typically sit in the 300s and see all the same sitting on the hands stuff there.

Then the lower half would feel like church to you. Trust me.

As I sit in my luxory box, looking down upon the masses, I gain a sense of pride. My crowd explodes with enthusiasm on many a play, yet I remain silent. Let the regular folk do the work for me....For it fills them with pride and a sense of participation. I am too kind.

Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye