PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot fans how does it feel to be the underdog against the Fins

Status
Not open for further replies.
how in the world can a 1-15 team FROM LAST YEAR be favorites against a 16-0 team FROM LAST YEAR...gee I dont know. probably has NOTHING to do with the fact that Tom Brady is not playing, Laurence Maroney is not playing, Richard Seymour may not play, Adalius Thomas is not playing, Rodney Harrison is not playing....Chad Penninton is at QB NOT John Beck, Ronnie Brown is playing, the entire Dolphins franchise has been turned over to someone with actual knowledge of football....

I guess every year is a different season in the nfl and vegas can care less on what happen last season but please people stop making up excuses why the pats are losing because Brady is not the whole team and by the way this fins team is pretty much the same team as last season lol no more excuses.

I guess every year is a different season in the nfl and vegas can care less on what happen last season but please people stop making up excuses why the pats are losing because Brady is not the whole team and by the way this fins team is pretty much the same team as last season lol no more excuses.
You mean like Miami was after Ronnie Brown went on IR?

It's not an excuse, but it is part of a legitimate explanation to the original question. Eventually there is a tipping point - it's one thing to lose your best player; it's another to lose your best player plus five other starter to IR - and starting a practice squad player at RB.

Love how this guy comes on here and starts a legit thread, and this is how you respond? You are like the posters you call trolls (just the homer version).

A legit thread? Maybe, but it's not much of a thread...it does allow you to be a pain in the ass, again, and allows the Jets accountant to crow a bit...good to let you guys let off steam. To think that the Patriots' record hasn't suffered this year from injuries is pretty asinine. For many fans, like myself, it is frustrating, but watching the young players has made it somewhat better.

As to the idea that we are becoming the Niners...that is a fantasy. I think a close analysis of the team shows that they are doing everything they can to avoid a drought of any kind, despite the fact that prolonged success in the current league is draining.

You mean like Miami was after Ronnie Brown went on IR?

It's not an excuse, but it is part of a legitimate explanation to the original question. Eventually there is a tipping point - it's one thing to lose your best player; it's another to lose your best player plus five other starter to IR - and starting a practice squad player at RB.
Okay I understand but c'mon this team is 6-4 and has a shot to win the division championship again and all I read are reasons why we wont win the championship my god if the patriots players read these boards they would be deeply sadden that they work their butts of to have non believers.

Love how this guy comes on here and starts a legit thread, and this is how you respond? You are like the posters you call trolls (just the homer version).

Wow, are you in the wrong here. Either you didn't really read my post or you're just trying to be insulting for the sake of it.

I was not impugning the thread. My "Who cares?" post was clearly in response to Alex24's mentioning that he hopes that Watson's IQ is correct in stating that he expects the line to move to the Pats being favored by gametime.

So when I say "who cares", I am sincerely questioning who cares if the line favors the Pats or Fins. We're not talking about the game here. We're talking about a betting line. I sure am sorry if that offends you.

And BTW, I do not call anyone "trolls". I don't know if you have me confused with someone else or you're trying to pick a fight with me for some reason, but that's your call.

you guys may not agree, but when I refer to "team", it is the active players for the game. Regardless of the past, we have two "teams" that are going to be a lot of fun to watch on sunday. You guys have a QB that is figuring it out and the return of a very important TE. We have good game planning, a team that has come together quite a bit more since we last met and a smash mouth attitude. This game will likely mean playoffs or not for either team. This game is huge. Win or lose at least we both have overcome. Heres to a great game and
GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is incredible how in the world can a team that was 1-15 last season be favorite to win this game against a team that went 16-0 last season ?

I am enjoying this season as much or more than last. Every play is way more meaningfull, the players and coaches are on top of every play. There was more than a few games last year where I lost interest by halftime ... this team will be better by the end of the season than they are now ... underdog? It's been good to be that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes