PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot fans how does it feel to be the underdog against the Fins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex24

Banned
Reaction score
This is incredible how in the world can a team that was 1-15 last season be favorite to win this game against a team that went 16-0 last season ?

Fins have been playing better football (4 in a row), are at home, and already beat the Pats once (convincingly) so I'm really not surprised.

That said, the line I saw was -1, and since home field is worth 3 points, that means Vegas thinks the Pats are 2 points better on a neutral field. That said, I'd expect the line to move to the Pats being favored by gametime.

Fins have been playing better football (4 in a row), are at home, and already beat the Pats once (convincingly) so I'm really not surprised.

That said, the line I saw was -1, and since home field is worth 3 points, that means Vegas thinks the Pats are 2 points better on a neutral field. That said, I'd expect the line to move to the Pats being favored by gametime.
Hopefully you are right

Vegas Odds | VEGAS.com

its actually -2 fins now. if seymour and warren are out it will be even more by gameday

as long as we win, the line can be whatever the heck it wasnts to be

it feels like the Fins deserve to be favorites in this. They crushed the Pats last time and have gotten better since and are at home. As a Pats fan, I think the Pats will win if they play up to their capability, but there's definitely plenty of Dolphin players who are smelling the playoffs that they haven't been to in quite some time, and the Pats are going to have to pull out a very strong effort to win.

I welcome the underdog mentality. Lets get back to ugly Pats football. We always won those games. 2007 is history. Time to get back to those grind it out wins.

This is incredible how in the world can a team that was 1-15 last season be favorite to win this game against a team that went 16-0 last season ?

It adds weight to the notion that the good and bad teams really aren't separated by much.

football is crazy like that.

Every year the team records start over at 0-0, new players get injured, some players leave, and some players get drafted.

That's why football is great.. Every year it changes. And even complete morons can watch.

Last edited:
Dolphins should be favored given recent success, home field and our injury situation.

That said, line wil lmove the way people bet as always.

Methinks Patriots will win, easier than most think, they have been playing some great football should / could be 8-2 were it not for a handfull of self inflicted, uncharacteristic, bonehead plays in Indy & vs Jets. But they are playing really well right now.

Hang in there Pats fans, this is far from Ovah.

It feels like I'm 30 years younger...

Why shouldn't the Dolphins be favored? They eked out a 38 to 13 win

the last time they played the Pats. They will beat the Pats again if they

permit the loud mouth to climb all over Cassel.

um.....injuries? ;)

Injuries have decimated this team. I'm shocked the Pats are as competitive as they are. Curious to see how bad Seymour's injury is. No Seymour and no Warren in Maimi? Phin's win by double-digits easy.

Last edited:

I hope for the underdog role -- less expectations.

In response to the above quote, every season I laugh and :rolleyes: when the new season schedules are released. Fans are quick to say our schedule is easy (or difficult), before any team steps on the field, and inevitable injuries occur. Each season unfolds into it's own...not influenced by the past. Just enjoy the journey and step out of it's way...

"p-a-r-i-t-y" and "i-n-j-u-r-i-e-s"

everyone knows that the pats play better when the odds are against them. So no it doesn't really bother me.

It's gonna get worse, the 49ers are an example of the PATS next 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down