PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot Dynasty: Hall of Famers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bledsoe could retire with the most attempts, completions and yards in NFL history and he still wouldn't even be close to a HOF QB in my book. The guy sucks, plain and simple... always has, always will. Even when he was "good", he really wasn't.

Honestly, I could see the Pats getting gipped on this one. Brady, BB, and Vinatieri are the only people who will make it for sure IMO. Of course some guys like Maroney, Watson, Warren, Wilfork, and Samuel are young and certainlly have a chance to make it but its way too early to make judgement on them. Bruschi, Vrabes, Dillon, Brown and Harrison are way underrated and unfortunently don't really stand a chance. Seymour and Law i'd put at about a 50/50 chance, Seymour will become a lock in time I think. No way for Bledsoe. Vinatieri will no doubt pad his stats playing in a dome which is why I call him a lock.

Brady, Belichick, Vinatieri,Seymour,Law,Dillon (with maybe one more strong season) are in
Bruschi and Harrison may just get in if the Patriots win a 4th title.
I dont think Vrabel and Brown get in.

future possibilities for greatness:Wilfork,Warren,Watson,Samuel,Maroney

Bledsoe and Testeverde have the stats but not the stature.

It's very tough to get into the Hall. I'm thinking only Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, and Adam Vinatieri are getting in. You can throw in Junior Seau as well, even though he hasn't been part of the dynasty until this season.

They do value championships and multiple ones highly. If you ever get out there, you'll notice that there are lots of Lombardi's Packers and Noll's Steelers, so here's hoping a few more championships carries a few of those 'borderline' HOFers in......

Dillon is nearly a shoo-in. He's ranked 12th all time in yards and 18th TDs. If he can play 2 more years, pick up 1200 more yards and 15 more TDs in a Bettis role, then he will pass, respectively, Jim Brown and Franco Harris in thos categories.

I think Brown has an outside chance. The first guy to play significantly two ways in decades (Deon Sanders and the other corners trying to play WR were more of a gimmick, while Brown as nickel was a real contributor for a couple years), three or four rings, memorable big plays in big games including receptions, returns and forced fumbles......more than anyone - he epitomizes this Patriot dynasty.

The hall has been electing offensive players at a 2:1 rate over defensive players since 1980 so the likes of Law, Bruschi and Seymour might have a hard time. Tippett can't even get in and next to LT he's the best OLB of his era MUCH better than say Derek Thomas who was one dimensional like a Freeney.

On offense nobody has the numbers other than Brady. If Branch had stuck around he could have gotten in as a Stallworth type player and the SB MVP wouldn't have hurt. Seattle has no clue how to use him and they're going to run into cap trouble so their window will be gone and he won't be going back to the SB.

Harrison deserves it. He has worked long and hard his entire career, screw his bad rep for cheap shots back when he was a Charger.

I think Dillon has a shot too.

But to me they seem unlikely Hall of Famers. Dillon had a very poor attitude with the Bengals, Harrison a bad rep as a cheap shot player.

I do believe Harrison will get in because he has the stats (major issue for Hall) and clearly he is among the best if not the best safety of his era. If you look at the players that have been in Pro Bowls instead of Harrison during his career, none of them compare over the long term. I think it will be easy to ignore his lack of Pro Bowls with this comparison--most of the others are guys who had a good couple years and/or a bunch of pics in that year.

Dawkins is similar to Harrison, hopefully they both get in. The young guys (Reed, Polamalu) have a long ways to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back