PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patrick Willis ILB Ole Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. Anyone can put together a highlight reel of any player.

Would you "want to draft" some Division III RB just because you see a highlight video of him?

He seems to be the top LB in the draft, as much as I would like to see him in a Pats uni I don't he'll be there at #24

At least the highlights were aginst D1 prospects. Will be looking to see how he does at the combine.

Willis led Mississippi with 137 tackles which ranked him sixth in the nation. He was also the 2006 Butkus Award winner, which is presented annually to the best linebacker in college football

Two things I noticed that might entice the Patriots to take him. He has the size they like at ILB. And the fact he is a senior.

Big turn off 230 LBS .... i do not know how successfull this guy will be if we send him against a 330 lbs gaurds. Bru - 257 /seau - 255 for comparision

Big turn off 230 LBS .... i do not know how successfull this guy will be if we send him against a 330 lbs gaurds. Bru - 257 /seau - 255 for comparision

Brusci is 6'1 247 pounds. This kid measure in at 6'2 240 pounds.. He has the frame to put on another 10 or so pounds.. I don't think weight is an issue..

Looks like a lot of websites put him between 230-240.. Found this @

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/64436/160

Furthermore, many scouts would like to see Willis bulk up a bit, as throughout his collegiate career, his weight has fluctuated between approximately 230-240 pounds. In our opinion, his size is hardly a detriment

Still at 6'2, he has the frame to put on the weight.. right?

Last edited:
I'm officially on the Willis bandwagon but there is no chance he will the there at 24.

I'm officially on the Willis bandwagon but there is no chance he will the there at 24.

I agree that he shouldn't be there at 24, and I am loath to put ANY stock in what the mock drafts say, but it seems like a great many people are predicting him to fall that low.

I have seen a him a lot on TV being in the south and would love us to grab him. He will not be there at 24 but will be at 15-20ish so....I would try to trade up if we can. Don't know what it would take..a 3rd or ?

I don't know if we'll take him or not, but there is EVERY chance he'll be there. (Or, at least, a very good one.) He's not even on some people's first round list. Bottom line: we don't know if the Pats like him or not, but just in terms of looking at mocks, analyses, etc... - the guy isn't projected to be a top 10 or anything. This isn't the same as praying that someone like Calvin Johnson falls.

I recorded the Senior Bowl and watched him. Willis has the speed to be a sideline to sideline LB. Sometimes he can take false step, but he has the speed to make it up. He sometimes has problems shedding blockers. He wraps up tackles though. When he's unblocked, he can fly to the RB and wrap up. Can't tell you much about his pass-covering skills because of T.V. camera angles.

My favorite is Stewart Bradley, Nebraska, 256 lbs, 6-4. In Senior Bowl practice, it was noted that he did a great job in coverage against TE and RB. We need somebody who can cover guys like Dallas Clark.

Would you "want to draft" some Division III RB just because you see a highlight video of him?

Great insight.

Yea the video is sweet.. But he does have the credentials to back up the video :)

That's why he's projected as a Cover 2 LB. He looked a little stiff at the Senior Bowl too.

touche! well said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing