Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patrick Pushes For In-State Tuition For Illegals

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Must be that time of year again. His Dishonor, the Governor of the Commonwealth, is once again pushing for in-state tuition for people who have no right to even be here in the first place.

That's right folks! If you're from New Hampshire then screw you. If you're in this country illegally, then the taxpayers will be happy to subsidize you!

from Metro Desk
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +201 / 2 / -2

Do you distinguish at all among the teen who was brought here as a young child, that kid's parents and somebody who moves here at 19?
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +192 / 4 / -6

Good for Patrick. We need to wake up to the reality that we have a lot of illegals here, and do more to assimilate them into society. The right wing basically feeds its own fears by refusing to invest in assimilating people into our society. By failing to do that, our society becomes less American more quickly. We should be helping illegals and other immigrants by giving them better schooling and doing what we can to help the most talented of them, who are often those who want to go to college.
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, we become less American when countless millions of people who live here aren't Americans.
    So we should reward people who break the law? Got'cha. :rolleyes:

Good ole Patters. Always quick to spend other peoples' money.
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

Why should anyone here illegally be given a benefit (lower tuition) not available to a US citizen?

Why should the citizens of a state subsidize illegal behavior by others?
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nope. If someone is in this country illegally, no matter the circumstances, they should be deported.

Sorry, but we true Americans have enough problems of our own. We can't afford to give a free ride to every single third world denizen who manages to ecape whatever hellhole they came from and smuggle their illegal asses across American borders.
  7. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +201 / 2 / -2

getting OT, but in those exceptional cases where somebody was brought over as an infant and has only knows the US as their home, only speaks English, etc., would you still deport them? (i.e., truly no matter the circumstance, or would you consider exceptions on a case-by-case basis?)
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When you demonstrate you are able to take part in these conversations in a mature, civilized manner without ad hominem personal attacks then I will be glad to engage in debate. In the meantime, I shall not be wasting my time responding to an individual who simply cannot resist throwing around personal attacks and insults as you do quite frequently.

Chico's obsessive need to have the last word coming in 3..... 2..... 1.....
  9. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +201 / 2 / -2

and yet another empty post from wolfie
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +192 / 4 / -6

Because if we don't help them, they become a drain on the economy anyway. The goal is to help people assimilate into American values and customs. How can you oppose multi-culturalism and not want to do anything about the reality? Look at it this way: Providing illegals with more ways to assimilate is a practical step while the struggle to remove them continues.
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Did you every consider that most Americans don't want to assimilate them?

At what point do we stop the flow if illegals into this country? This has been going on far too long and it's time we stopped this bs.

Let's start to consider ways to stop illegals from coming into our country, not ways of helping to support them. Most Americans would prefer to spend our money protecting our borders and stopping the illegal problem rather than ways of helping to support people who came here uninvited.

I want my tax dollars to help Americans, not illegals.
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

So a person who is here illegally is afforded more benefits than a kid from RI or NH?

Seems rather unfair to me.
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +548 / 2 / -9

America is dying, God only knows what kind of a screwed up society the future will bring.

The "good and pure folks" who are always finding something wrong and start whinning about the "bad old america" ain't seen nothing yet, their grandchildren will be the ones who have to pay for all of the
    "Loon Bullsh!t"

The Illegal Aliens ARE NOT immigrants they are first class CRIMINALS they broke the laws of America when they entered this country like slinking criminals of the night.

Patrick follows the true path of the despicable liberal loon brain "support the criminal sh!t on the victim"

God Help Your Children
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  14. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

That's because illegals are overwhelmingly "people of color," Wolfie, while NH residents are something else.

But I hope the Commonwealth, along with eight other states, continues this lunacy. When I apply for a concealed handgun permit, which is extra expensive for out-of-staters, I'll have an argument to make that that extra expense--I think $100 a year--is arbitrary and capricious in light of allowing the hometown discount for Pablo from Honduras.
  15. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +479 / 6 / -7

Which raises the question: why engage someone who is a mere half-step up from troll status?

He uses the most vitriolic and inflammatory language in every situation and when it comes to the resultant criticism, he plays the victim card. Every. Single. Time.
  16. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

In the multicultural paradigm the state needs to assimilate to the immigrant, not the other way around.

What funding for assimilation existed 100 years ago when my great-grandfather came here?

How about helping the most talented members of the groups that either were born here or immigrated legally first?