PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patrick Pass makes it official...he has retired from the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This guy may be the most undeserving player in the history of the NFL to have 3 Super Bowl rings with not much accomplished in NE yet was fortunate to be on the Pats 3 best overall teams this decade,The guy should play the lottery more often...he is one lucky son of a b!tch who was here at the right place and time.

I didn't realize you had to officially announce your retirement, but Pass has Passed on to other things,hopefully he will be better in his post career than he was as a player.

Former Patriot Patrick Pass Hangs Up Cleats - New England Patriots - NESN.com

Last edited:
The greatest coach in football thought he was good enough to be a part of his team for seven years and even gave him a final look last season.

Don't know why your post seems so negative towards the guy, he was a 7th round draft pick that ended up with 3 rings.

I'm sure he's more than happy with how his career turned out.

Last edited:
The greatest coach in football thought he was good enough to be a part of his team for seven years and even gave him a final look last season.

Don't know why your post seems so negative towards the guy, he was a 7th round draft pick that ended up with 3 rings.

I'm sure he's more than happy with how his career turned out.

I don't know the exact quote but in Patriot Reign, there was a mention how the coaches weren't a big fan of Patrick Pass but the players loved him..

...And in other breaking news, on par with this: the sky is blue.

Remember when he was on the roster for about three days in June?

This guy may be the most undeserving player in the history of the NFL to have 3 Super Bowl rings with not much accomplished in NE yet was fortunate to be on the Pats 3 best overall teams this decade,The guy should play the lottery more often...he is one lucky son of a b!tch who was here at the right place and time.

I didn't realize you had to officially announce your retirement, but Pass has Passed on to other things,hopefully he will be better in his post career than he was as a player.

Former Patriot Patrick Pass Hangs Up Cleats - New England Patriots - NESN.com

He played football professionally for the better part of a decade and played on three world-champion teams. Just by playing in the NFL for as long as he did, it's clear that he's been among the very best in the world at what he does. Since I'm willing to bet that you haven't accomplished even a fraction of that in your own career, whatever it may be, you might want to rethink your stance on his success.

Last edited:
I don't know the exact quote but in Patriot Reign, there was a mention how the coaches weren't a big fan of Patrick Pass but the players loved him..

They liked him enough to keep him around for quite a long time, despite the fact that he wasn't exactly bursting with innate talent.

Was'nt he the one that grabbed his leg ;cause of a pulled hammy and fumbled the ball?

This guy may be the most undeserving player in the history of the NFL to have 3 Super Bowl rings with not much accomplished in NE

He could run, receive, play fullback, block, run back kicks and play teams. Yeah, what a waste of a 7th round pick.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
He was a 7th round draft pick who made close to the minimums every year, and he more than pulled his weight on STs and even made a few key plays on offense in SB years. Although we didn't hit the lottery with him like we did with late rounders like Brady or Troy Brown, I can't remember any key fumbles or memorable screw ups. There have been many, many Pats with a worse resume.

Thanks for your help, Patrick.

Was'nt he the one that grabbed his leg ;cause of a pulled hammy and fumbled the ball?

I will always remember this place.

I often refer to it when im watching games with my dad, usually saying "hey at least maroney didn't fumble like that guy"

Pass made some huge plays for the team during his time with the Pats and he fully deserves those rings. He had some really nice blocks and runs, plus he could catch it. Before he got shot in the hammie he was running great as the starting RB, too.

Pass was a useful player for awhile with the Pats. As mentioned, he filled in reasonably at both RB and FB, returned kicks, blocked on kick returns, did well on kick coverage teams, and could catch the ball in the slot. For a 7th round pick, you don't get much better that.

While he didn't put up impressive stats, and he is a guy most of us will forget about in 15 years, he far exceeded my expectations of a 7th round pick and had nearly twice as long of a career than the average NFL player.

Don't see any reason whatsoever to dump on the guy, unless you are still bitter over that fumble when he popped his hammy.

What more can you expect for the 239th guy taken in the draft? :confused:

He also did a great job returning punts in a blizzard against the Raiders in the tuck game.

He also did a great job returning punts in a blizzard against the Raiders in the tuck game.

Really, except for the hammy incident and one line in Patriot reign, he was as versatile and dependable a player as we had in the era.

We've had a lot of shaky kick returners, Pass, was slow as hell, but always positive yardage, always secured the ball.

Not punts but kickoffs Patjew, i looked to make sure and he ran back all 5 in the Oakland snow game.

That kinda of thing is so blown out of proportion. Michael Holley gets access to a few meetings one season, prints one quote from the acerbic Charlie Weis and people still remember it. Weis probably curses out various players every day. To hear some fans, you'd think now they got inner workings to Charlie Weis' mind because they read one throwaway comment on a Tuesday or something in 2002. Comments he probably made all the time. They kept the guy around. He started and played a lot. You should read A LOT more into that than one thing one guy overheard while probably missing 99.999999% of everything else said by coaches.

Bottom line is, the guy was a starter at least some of the time on some of the greatest teams in Patriots history. He made plenty of good plays. The coaches liked him, they kept him around. He threw a great block, just to point out one example, that helped win the AFC Championship Game versus Pittsburgh in 2004-2005 that sprung Corey Dillon for a TD.

He was a very good, solid role player who played many roles and was a contributor to great teams. The original poster's comments are pretty ridiculous. I, for one, thank Patrick Pass for his good play and contributions while he was here and if I ever met him, I'd thank him for the enjoyment I got watching both him and those Patriots teams play.

J D Sal

Last edited:
That kinda of thing is so blown out of proportion. Michael Holley gets access to a few meetings one season, prints one quote from the acerbic Charlie Weis and people still remember it. Weis probably curses out various players every day. To hear some fans, you'd think now they got inner workings to Charlie Weis' mind because they read one throwaway comment on a Tuesday or something in 2002. Comments he probably made all the time. They kept the guy around. He started and played a lot. You should read A LOT more into that than one thing one guy overheard while probably missing 99.999999% of everything else said by coaches.

Bottom line is, the guy was a starter at least some of the time on some of the greatest teams in Patriots history. He made plenty of good plays. The coaches liked him, they kept him around. He threw a great block, just to point out one example, that helped win the AFC Championship Game versus Pittsburgh in 2004-2005 that sprung Corey Dillon for a TD.

He was a very good, solid role player who played many roles and was a contributor to great teams. The original poster's comments are pretty ridiculous. I, for one, thank Patrick Pass for his good play and contributions while he was here and if I ever met him, I'd thank him for the enjoyment I got watching both him and those Patriots teams play.

J D Sal
Author! :rocker:

I honestly can't remember any horrible plays that stick out in my mind. I'll remember him best for his 2005 season when he stepped in as the primary running back for a few games and got a decent 4.5 yards per carry and he got a nice little chunk of receiving yards too to boot.

Seeing as he was only a 7th rounder he did a hell of a job.

Oh wow I almost forgot . . who else remembers Brady's famous ass pass to Patrick Pass? It was the one where Brady tripped and fell backwards on his butt and then through a completion to Pass. Then the following week it happened to Brady again and he tried a throw from the ground and it got intercepted :(

Really, except for the hammy incident and one line in Patriot reign, he was as versatile and dependable a player as we had in the era.

We've had a lot of shaky kick returners, Pass, was slow as hell, but always positive yardage, always secured the ball.

Not punts but kickoffs Patjew, i looked to make sure and he ran back all 5 in the Oakland snow game.

Totally agree with everything you said.

Do you remember who ran back punts in that game? I guess Troy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes