PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

patrick pass calls mood in locker room like a funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.
mgteich said:
The players are bright enough to figure out that Branch could have been signed without cutting anyone's salary. The $12.6M available is not an illusion.
What do you think the odds are that the money has not been spent by the end of the league year?

The Pats have spent to the cap every year during the Belichick era and AFAIK every year of the Kraft era which basically equals the salary cap era.

Even if they only move the extra cap space available this year to future years by doing creative LTBE incentives (etc) the available money will be spent, sooner or later.

Pujo said:
We just had some layoffs at my company, and I know that's a business too, but I'm sad that I won't get to see some of my coworkers anymore. It's the same thing - the NFL may be a business but it doesn't mean the players aren't human.

There's a big difference between a layoff and an overpaid wide receiver switching teams to make $12M.

Honestly, I think that tomorrow when the team shows up and gets the game plan for the week, they will refocus. Yesterday was a film session. The players found out after that and had nothing else to really focus on. Today is their off day and they, again, had nothing else to worry about.

Comparing yesterday's comments by Seymour to today's comments and you can hear that the "healing" has begun a bit also.

They knew that there was a chance DB would not take the field until week 10, if at all. This is not as out of the blue as the Lawyer Milloy situation.

Call me cynicle but I believe the players on the inside figured he would go to the Jets and they would still get to see him on days off. The Jets thing was etched in stone before camp started. I knew personally that he was gone for good before camp started...though I was unaware of the Jet's angle.

Makes sense to me...but it's just gossip at this point...later Branch...for a 2nd round pick he proved to be better than anyone expected, came to play every game...his level rose under pressure...can't ask for more than that.

F.B.N. said:
The Jets thing was etched in stone before camp started. I knew personally that he was gone for good before camp started...though I was unaware of the Jet's angle.
Maybe there's more to this tampering thing than one imagines..

I don't understand why they are crying. Because Deion isn't crying he is having fun in a new city and team. This type of thing is what rodney said to the team about milloy during the bills game in week 1 that year. Someone needs to give this team a message like that.

hobbsownscoles said:
I don't understand why they are crying. Because Deion isn't crying he is having fun in a new city and team. This type of thing is what rodney said to the team about milloy during the bills game in week 1 that year. Someone needs to give this team a message like that.

Well, Rodney's still here, so let's hope he reminds them.

Old Town Pats said:
I hate to say it but Pass need to shut his yap.
Patrick Pass needs to worry more about his hamstring and fumbles.

ATippett56 said:
Patrick Pass needs to worry more about his hamstring and fumbles.
ouch

but ya pass should worry first bout gettin back on the field

sieglo said:
There's a big difference between a layoff and an overpaid wide receiver switching teams to make $12M.
There's no difference where it matters: someone who's your friend and who you've grown used to seeing every day will no longer be there. Granted, he hasn't been there all of training camp, but these folks spent a few years playing together.

Knew before camp????

F.B.N. said:
I knew personally that he was gone for good before camp started...though I was unaware of the Jet's angle.
FBN...I find this VERY interesting...if you KNEW before camp he was gone for good...Mainly because according to Burton at the time of his DB intreview Deion himself thought he would be back. Are you saying the Patriots knew before camp he was gone????

i hope in a 'Rodney Harrison message'...

i hope they will forget soon Deion Branch

is over !!!

lets' think about the season ! we have the Jets sunday and both teams are
1-0...

The way I see it is there in no reason for them to be sad. Branch got what he wanted. Money and a lot of it. Friends want was best for their friends and that is what the a** hole got. Money up the wazooooo.

Old Town Pats said:
I hate to say it but Pass need to shut his yap. He is lucky he is even on the team. I can understand players being disappointed but they should be happy for Deion, he got what he wanted. If he wanted to be a great teammate, he could have taken what was offered (which was fair compensation) and played out his contract. He was the one that let his teammates down to be selfish and not fulfill a contract. Does anyone remeber Hines Ward for the Steelers contract situation. He was unhappy but he still showed up for work. SCREW DEION BRANCH! Time to move on.... (This goes for players as well as the fans)

How would you feel if your good friend that you worked with was transfered across the country...even if it's his choice it still hurts.

Welker83 said:
How would you feel if your good friend that you worked with was transfered across the country...even if it's his choice it still hurts.

Whatever....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes