PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

patrick pass calls mood in locker room like a funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
they showed some interview on espn and seymour seemed very upset he said it was kinda like how things were when we cut milloy (remember the game following that-oh boy) yet it was prob five or six times worse than that!!!!!
and supposedly pass said the mood was like a funeral

Too bad for them. It was Branch's choice. Time for them to get over it.

I hate to say it but Pass need to shut his yap. He is lucky he is even on the team. I can understand players being disappointed but they should be happy for Deion, he got what he wanted. If he wanted to be a great teammate, he could have taken what was offered (which was fair compensation) and played out his contract. He was the one that let his teammates down to be selfish and not fulfill a contract. Does anyone remeber Hines Ward for the Steelers contract situation. He was unhappy but he still showed up for work. SCREW DEION BRANCH! Time to move on.... (This goes for players as well as the fans)

Last time this "mood" prevailed and the Pats lost to the Bills 31-0. Yes, I know how the story ended.

Anyone that thinks this Sunday is going to be a cake-walk is in for a rude awakening.

My answer to that: "oh grow up in that locker room!". This is a business first and foremost and they know that. For God's sakes that's what their agents are for to make sure they get the best deal possible. Deion got that just not with NE. So what your binkie is gone? Milloy went, Ty Law left etc. etc. It happens and is part of the game. Don't expect the team to keep players just because you want him there. The Patriots will hurt in the short term but, as usual, will make out better in the end because of that second first round draft pick. The team admin. Pioli/Belichick did what was in the best interests of the team and not the individual and they've never altered from that pattern. As Brady said if you want money or love more move on because in NE it's all about winning and putting a winning team on the field not just this year but for years to come. Seattle blundered by blinking in the stare down and, believe me, no one will be crying about it when he picks some awesome young talent with it in 2007.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
its a natural reaction....BB is going to let the players let it play out instead of muzzling the players

I do worry that when Seymour, Pass, etc. talk about Deion's leaving, there seems to be an implied understanding that it's management's fault, not Deion's. Could this create/worsen a bad/cheap reputation for Pats management among players? Whose salaries do players want management to cut in order to overpay Branch?

You'd think players would be used to this by now especially in New England.

shakadave said:
I do worry that when Seymour, Pass, etc. talk about Deion's leaving, there seems to be an implied understanding that it's management's fault, not Deion's. Could this create/worsen a bad/cheap reputation for Pats management among players? Whose salaries do players want management to cut in order to overpay Branch?

The fans support the franchise unconditionally. The players support their fellow players unconditionally. That's how it is.

Pattie said:
My answer to that: "oh grow up in that locker room!". This is a business first and foremost and they know that.
We just had some layoffs at my company, and I know that's a business too, but I'm sad that I won't get to see some of my coworkers anymore. It's the same thing - the NFL may be a business but it doesn't mean the players aren't human.

I kind of wish Pass would shut up too. How is this five or six times worse than what happened to Milloy? They just can't or won't remember that because it was a few years ago and ended well.

Are we sure what Pass actually said? In the Herald blog, they attribute the funeral quote to Seymour:
“You been to a funeral before? That’s how it feels right now,†Seymour said. â€It took a lot to hold back the tears, you know what I’m saying? That’s how I feel.â€
And it also says only Seymour, Vrabel, and Izzo were in the locker room to talk to the media. So I'm not sure where Pass came from. The funeral thing sounds more like Seymour anyway, he's the one that seems the most upset about Deion leaving.

shakadave said:

im def worried about this too
especially with some decent players fa's next yr
koppen
graham
assante
gay

NEPat said:
Are we sure what Pass actually said? In the Herald blog, they attribute the funeral quote to Seymour:

And it also says only Seymour, Vrabel, and Izzo were in the locker room to talk to the media. So I'm not sure where Pass came from. The funeral thing sounds more like Seymour anyway, he's the one that seems the most upset about Deion leaving.

i saw the report on espn
they just said pass said it i didnt actually see him talking
i did see seymour talking and i posted what i heard

I wish players would never talk because instead of saying what I wish they would say, they sometimes give an honest answer of their own assessment. The only player that needs a mouth is Brady and maybe a couple linebackers for calling.

I call for removing our players jaws.

I find it VERY telling that we have not heard from Tom Brady on this news. Very telling indeed. When is Tom's contract up?

Brownfan80 said:
I find it VERY telling that we have not heard from Tom Brady on this news. Very telling indeed. When is Tom's contract up?
2009 or 10

Pattie said:
My answer to that: "oh grow up in that locker room!". This is a business first and foremost and they know that. For God's sakes that's what their agents are for to make sure they get the best deal possible. Deion got that just not with NE. So what your binkie is gone? Milloy went, Ty Law left etc. etc. It happens and is part of the game. Don't expect the team to keep players just because you want him there. The Patriots will hurt in the short term but, as usual, will make out better in the end because of that second first round draft pick. The team admin. Pioli/Belichick did what was in the best interests of the team and not the individual and they've never altered from that pattern. As Brady said if you want money or love more move on because in NE it's all about winning and putting a winning team on the field not just this year but for years to come. Seattle blundered by blinking in the stare down and, believe me, no one will be crying about it when he picks some awesome young talent with it in 2007.

Although I agree with your conclusion, I don't agree that football, even the NFL, is "... a business first and foremost..." Football is a game, a *team* sport, not simply a "business". Ask Harry Frazzee and the other owners (of the Sox and other franchises) who have treated the game as "business": they always end up watching others win the championships because they put their own interests ahead of the team's goal of winning. Football is a sport of skill, brawn, intelligence, and guts, all tied together by the TEAM goal of victory.

Unless the players unite together as a *team* they will not win consistently. For a team to be successful on a regular basis -- and especially when the going gets tough, as in last weekend's first half -- the only thing that will consistently work is a total team effort. One individual will never be enough. If it was, Peyton's Colts or Randy Moss's Vikings/Raiders or any other super-star's team would win it all, regularly. But they don't. Because they don't involve the whole team, only one or two super-studs to save the ranch.

Even on Michael Jordan's Bulls, as good as he was, they absolutely needed role good supporting role players who would do what was necessary for Michael to do his magic. And they did, and so did he, and they won, consistently. Michael made them better and they made Michael and each other better. Same for Larry Bird and his Celts teams. Making others better, as a TEAM. The minute a player stops living for the team's victory and starts living for "his own", at the expense of the team, that player is a negative now matter how much talent he has.

Unfortunately, with players' agents out for only "their" players -- and the rest of the TEAM be damned -- if any player is foolish enough to think he will ever be on a consistently winning team when he and every other player is out for number one, he couldn't be more wrong. It's mutually exclusive for a player to put himself above the good of the team and the team being consistently successful. A selfish player is not a team player.

Brady is unselfish, even though he is very good. Larry, Michael, Bobby Orr, Magic Johnson, Gretsky and others, the same. If Seymour or any of the others start feeling sorry for Deion for being stupid enough to listen to his one-track self-centred agent , then shame on them. They are not going to produce a winning team. On a team the individual player has to make those around him better or he is really not producing the *team goal* of a championship.

All IMHO, of course.

////

The players are bright enough to figure out that Branch could have been signed without cutting anyone's salary. The $12.6M available is not an illusion.

shakadave said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back