PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatFanKen testimonial thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMarker

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Good evening,

In our effort to get "must read" PatFanKen to post over here full time, I thought we'd have a cheap testimonial (not a "roast", or he'll never come back).

My favorite PatsFanKen post:

This was a couple of weeks before the Pats-Panthers Super Bowl. Ken decided to make the case for both teams. He said he was going to start off with the case for the Panthers.

I was feeling pretty good about the Pat's chances, then I read Ken's post....Oh, my god! We were doomed. He made such a clear case, I was really worried.
So, I waited for next week for the Pats case. Seven days later. NO POST. Oh, no! He can't come up with any reasons. I frantically posted "Ken...I'm really worried...Where is your next post!" The next day, it finally came. I read it and I felt much better.

I think the last line of it was "I feel better now, too".

Then, I went through all of those same emotions in the fourth quarter of that game...but I felt better at the end.

Next speaker?

MagicMarker said:
Good evening,

In our effort to get "must read" PatFanKen to post over here full time, I thought we'd have a cheap testimonial (not a "roast", or he'll never come back).

My favorite PatsFanKen post:

This was a couple of weeks before the Pats-Panthers Super Bowl. Ken decided to make the case for both teams. He said he was going to start off with the case for the Panthers.

I was feeling pretty good about the Pat's chances, then I read Ken's post....Oh, my god! We were doomed. He made such a clear case, I was really worried.
So, I waited for next week for the Pats case. Seven days later. NO POST. Oh, no! He can't come up with any reasons. I frantically posted "Ken...I'm really worried...Where is your next post!" The next day, it finally came. I read it and I felt much better.

I think the last line of it was "I feel better now, too".

Then, I went through all of those same emotions in the fourth quarter of that game...but I felt better at the end.

Next speaker?

This is totally off the topic that you want, but I still believe to this day that if NE and Carolina played 100 times, Carolina would only have kept it close maybe 10 times, winning a handful of those.

I enjoy reading Ken's posts myself. The one that stickes out for some reason or another is the time that he met Ben Roethlisburger.

I'm not familiar at all with Ken being that I only post here and he rarely makes the crossover. I was very impressed by his recent post here though, and would love to see him join the regulars at Patspsychos.

His post back in June about Deion Branch and his relative value to the Patriots was the most comprehensive yet to-the-point reading I've seen. He is consistently must-read material.

Then there was the time he got Shecky, Frank, Deano and Sammy together at the Copa.........

shmessy said:
His post back in June about Deion Branch and his relative value to the Patriots was the most comprehensive yet to-the-point reading I've seen. He is consistently must-read material.

Then there was the time he got Shecky, Frank, Deano and Sammy together at the Copa.........

Now that you mention that I believe I do recall that one also.

shmessy said:

I don't recall that post. Could you give a brief synopsis?

Thank you, guys, I am flattered, humbled, and appreciative all at the same time.

Thanks for recalling my Branch post, I was right about EVERYTHING....except the results. :D. I though for sure they would eventually get it done, so did the Pats IMHO. I definitely UNDERESTIMATED the market for him, given his various strengths and limitations. To be honest, I was even surprised at the offer the Pats gave him.

Branch is a very good WR. He would in the short run have made this team better. However in the long term IMHO, the Pats will be better off having larger, faster WR's and the 2 #1's next year to fill in weakness (size in the secondary & age at LB.

The Pats have signed long term (2009) ALL their OL and DL. Those groups are both talented and YOUNG. It will allow the Pats to remain VERY competitive for the rest of this decade..... and THAT'S NOT "institutional arrogance". :D

BTW- There are some VERY GOOD posters at KFFL. THis is America, its alright to be in both places.

patfanken said:
BTW- There are some VERY GOOD posters at KFFL. THis is America, its alright to be in both places.

I would know this for myself if they'd activate my account. lol.

patfanken said:
This is America, its alright to be in both places.
It's also alright to be a Patriots fan and a Jets fan - but the Jets suck and so does KFFL (the company not the posters).

Just move everyone over here and everyone will be happy.

Remember JETS and KFFL are both 4 letter words for a reason.

Brownfan80 said:
I would know this for myself if they'd activate my account. lol.

NEMs relatives have 4 or 5 accounts they're not using, ask him.

I believe they're in the military.:D

If Ken agrees to call Keegs an idiot once a month, I will pay him to come over.

BelichickFan said:
It's also alright to be a Patriots fan and a Jets fan - but the Jets suck and so does KFFL (the company not the posters).

Just move everyone over here and everyone will be happy.

Remember JETS and KFFL are both 4 letter words for a reason.
So is Boob and i love Boob.

People from Kffl are tending to visit these pages more and more often.

Even i have been over here quite a bit more than my usual stomping grounds.

PFK's posts are great...I really thought this one sums up why.

I agree with what he says and he not only takes a well earned shot at Felger - but he delivers the facts to back it up....

Ken - please don't be a stranger....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" I think Daniel Graham is a key player on this offense in both the running and passing games. I think his pass catching is more than adequate, though media thugs like Felger attribute drops to him for every pass that touches his hands.

(for example he called a pass to Graham from Brady a drop against Cinci. It was my recollection that Graham had to DIVE for a catch that would have been a 2 yard completion on a 3rd and 10. Diving for the ball, he did get his hands on it, but if he had caught it, not only would it have been a wonderful catch, it would have meant NOTHING.)

Personally I love what he brings to the table since he is so multi-dementional. He has been called the best pass blocker on the team on several occassions. He is critical in the running game. Plus he is a more than adequate receiver who has enough speed to threaten the deep middle, and enough running ability to run a screen (flash back to Atlanta last season ).

Those are a lot of skills to give up without a fight IMHO. HOWEVER, we still have a lot Quality TE's on the squad, and maybe BB will decide to spend the money in OTHER areas.

BOTTOM LINE: Count me among those who hopes he stays, and I'd be willing to go as high as $2.5MM/yr. In this offense, you cannot have too many quality TE's"

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=42965

SeanBruschi54 said:
People from Kffl are tending to visit these pages more and more often.
So I've noticed, that's a good thing :) Seriously, the other place has definitely lost "business", the Pats forum is a lot quieter than it used to be.

BelichickFan said:
So I've noticed, that's a good thing :) Seriously, the other place has definitely lost "business", the Pats forum is a lot quieter than it used to be.
It sucks actually there are some threads that stay on page 1 for like a week or more now. Threads use to last a day if they were good way back when. lol.

SeanBruschi54 said:
It sucks actually there are some threads that stay on page 1 for like a week or more now. Threads use to last a day if they were good way back when. lol.
Yeah, I'm ashamed to say I still read the forum and while there's a killer thread sometimes, I'm often surprised at the lack of material.

On problem I have is at work patsfans.com takes forever to load (it's fine at home) so to do a quick check for breaking news, it's quicker to load the other place.

I frequently support him for Poster of the Month over at KFFL. Unfortunately, almost nobody else does. Hell, they don't even seem to remember his resume, which seems to be by far the most football-knowledgeable of anybody I've seen post in either place, not excepting when Tom Curran got drunk and posted over at KFFL himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back