PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pat White Visiting Mon/Tues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Well, they'll definitely have rock solid scouting on this guy by the draft.

Patriots to host Pat White - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

The Patriots seem to be thoroughly investigating White, who was a standout quarterback at West Virginia but is projected to play wide receiver by most NFL teams. They worked White out last month at both wide receiver and quarterback.

A spread option QB for the Mountaineers, White is a winner, as he was the first starting quarterback in NCAA history to lead his team to four bowl game victories. He set the NCAA record for career rushing yards by a quarterback with 4,480 and the Big East mark for touchdowns with 103.

He also managed to break Marc Bulger's West Virginia record for career completion percentage, connecting on 64.8 percent of his passes.

White has the versatility and experience under center to be a weapon for any team looking for a "Wildcat" quarterback. Some NFL draft experts have White going as high as the second round for that reason.

Last edited:
You know, I wouldn't mind getting him with a second-day pick.

That brings the count to 18 of 30 for this season.

He brings versatility and BB loves versatility. He stresses a defense and that is good for the offense that has him.

Can he pass the BB film test? Does he know how to read defenses?

Boy would it be fun to watch him play QB in Preseason

He'd be a hybrid RB/WR/Wildcat type QB in this offense. Our version of the wildcat could be formidable with a personnel such as White, Taylor/Maroney/Morris/Faulk, and with Moss, Galloway, and Welker at receiver. Our offense would instantly become more unique and harder to prepare for considering all the looks we could give a defense. I'd also take him with a day two pick.

Last edited:
You know, I wouldn't mind getting him with a second-day pick.

I think he could be an interesting pick, but I don't think he is likely to be around when we pick in the 3rd round.

Last edited:
That's the problem. I think round 2 is a little early for White, but some team is likely to reach for him there ahead of the Pats pick. He does present a lot of matchup problems when used as a Wildcat receiver/qb/rb.

Hmm, you know he reminds me of a more athletic Garrett Mills whom I think BB was planning to use in that manner. BB's still pretty mad that someone poached Mills as he was sent to the practice squad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back