Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pat Tillman’s mother is still demanding answers

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, May 6, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

They don't need to give any answers.
    They got the mileage out of his death that they could. His memory is used up as far as the Pentagon is concerned.
  3. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think that the Tillman family has a right to the answers, even if the coverup goes all the way to the top including the President. Which BTW I doubt it goes that far but I do believe it does extend into the Pentagon and the White House somewhere.

I think that if any person in this forum were the parent of a similar situation that they too would want answers. It is very easy to be critical of some one when it isn't you that it concerns or when it was not one of your sons or daughters.

Take Cindy Sheehan for example. Yeah, she is a real pissah and she sounds real wacky at times but no matter what you think or say about here she has lost a son in this fiasco in Iraq and until you lose one also you can never feel the pain she must have and is, going through.

And she asked Mister Bush one simple question shortly after he used these words in a speech "Noble Cause."

She asked him what the "noble cause" was and to this date, several years later he has not had the courtesy to answer the question.

I think every American would like to know what the "Noble Cause" is.
  4. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And where did Pat Tillman die again, NEM?
  5. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

First, knock of the NEM bit as you were told to do by a moderator. I am not him.

He died in Afghanistan. Did I say anything different. I did say that Cindy Sheehan's son died in Iraq.
  6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So, NEM, you took a thread about a hero who died in Afghanistan, and turned it into an attack on Bush through Cindy Sheehan, who's son died in Iraq--a place he'd volunteered to be, and on a mission he volunteered to go on.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

OMFG...What does Sheehan have to do with Tillman and Afghanistan?????
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Isn't that my question?
  9. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually if you had any reading skills you would see that this was a thread about a mother's concern over how her son died. You seem to have taken it elsewhere.

And as far as the mission, he never volunteered to go on a mission based on lies and deception which has been proven over and over again.

He swore an oath to defend the constitution of the United States. He did not swear an oath to be lied to by the Commander In Chief. He went he followed orders and he died.

He did his job.

And as far as Pat Tillman goes, I respect what he did gave up a lucrative football career to fight for his country in Afghanistan the right place to be in the war on terror. But tell me how he is a "hero?"

And, for the last time I am going to tell you to refer to me by my screen name or not at all. You were told to drop the NEM by one of the head moderators and I suggest that you do it. At least that is what he told me and I believe him.

You are wrong and that is the end of the story.

Quite frankly I do not like you but anytime you want to discuss the issues of the day I would be more than happy to do so. Especially seeing as just about everyone here has proven you wrong on most occasions.

And when they do you lower yourself to making personal attacks as one moderator pointed out to you today.
  10. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They both have mothers that are seeking answers and that is what this is about nothing more nothing less.

A.paul just tries to make it something else.

It is all about a mother who wanted and still wants answers. As does Cindy Sheehan. So you can see that there definitely is a correlation between the two which pertains to the topic.

So please don't attempt to take it off tagret and make it personal as he tries to do. Don't lower yourself to that standard.

Bringing up Cindy Sheehan's plight alongside that of Mrs. Tillman is within the confines of what this is about.

And for the record, if you read the article in the link at the top, you would have seen this sentence at the bottom, which directly refers to other mothers and parents that are seeking answers so there definitely is a connection. Here's the sentence.

Tillman said she wrote the book because similar misinformation is still being passed on to the families of other soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Last edited: May 6, 2008
  11. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That wasn't a personal attack, it was an honest question considering ww83 had accused me of saying things I didn't say--and even of posting a post posted by someone else. WW83 apologized for doing it, and I thanked him for it and that's that. But it certainly wasn't an attack. If you'd like to see a personal attack, I could certainly provide an example of one for you, however.
  12. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No, it's not. The title of the thread is pretty clear: Pat Tillman's mother is still demanding answers

Nowhere in that title does it say "Tillman's mother and Cindy Sheehan demand answers".

And who are you speaking of when you talk about being lied to by the commander in chief, NEM? Tillman or Sheehan?
  13. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not necessary. There are many of them in this forum, from a lot of posters.

Anyway, thanks for dropping the NEM reference as you just did. Anytime you want to discuss the issues, that's fine with me.
  14. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually, if you read the entire article you would have seen this in the next to last sentence.

Tillman said she wrote the book because similar misinformation is still being passed on to the families of other soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Care to comment on that?
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's comical to me. If you weren't him, but were really a guy who'd been reading his posts and thought he was a good guy and all the rest of what you've said, someone who thought *he* was a "legend" and so forth, I wouldn't think it would bother you.

So as far as I can see, that it bothers you so much you have to run to a mod for protection pretty much makes the case.

I never ran to a mod for protection when that guy...was it Turk? accused me of being Qui-gon-wan, for instance. I just said "nope, not him" and moved on.
  16. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The point is and the reason is ever time you mention it there are others that pick up on it and before you know it a decent thread is taken way out of topic and onto something very silly. It was not a case of running for protection it was a case of seeing one thread after another become a personal agenda for you instead of staying on topic and quite frankly that gets kind of boring and quite upsetting to the people in that thread that want to discuss the topic.

And you can see that is true because even in this thread you have already dragged another poster into it, taking it off target.

However if it tickles you in the right places then go ahead but my guess is that in time everyone here will think your some sort of wacko. Are you?

So like I said, any time you want to discuss the topics that's fine with me but just leave the other crap out of it.

BTW, you have not responded to that last sentence in the article. No comment?
  17. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Have you considered that Wistah might have a mind of his own and not be swayed by anything I have to say, and might just wonder why you were trying to turn a thread about a soldier who died in Afghanistan and his family into a diatribe against GWB using Cindy Sheehan?

I mean--personally, I'd err on the side of believing Wistah's got a mind of his own...but apparently you don't agree.
  18. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Diatribe? If you saw a diatribe point it out. Just a comment about a mother's loss and a question that hasn't been answered yet.

If that's a diatribe, so be it.

Here are the definitions of the word "diatribe"
    from the Merriam - Webster Dictionary.

1 a prolonged discourse
    2: a bitter and abusive speech or writing
    3: ironic or satirical criticism

Please tell me which one of those definitions my "diatribe" fits into.
  19. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You don't think that's bitter? Especially since...you know...the thread was about Pat Tillman and his family, and you turned it into a thread about GWB, Cindy Sheehan and Iraq.
  20. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

She definitely deserves answers. This whole thing about them lying about his death and trying to use it as a PR opportunity is disgusting to me. I understand that the military has to do what it does, but give this poor woman the decency of knowing.