Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pat Robertson is at it again...Islam is not a religiion of peace

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Mar 14, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +428 / 12 / -26

Looks like the senile rants of the right wing mouthpiece keeps on coming, Pat Robertson is opening his piehole once again, perhaps to supplement his faith based income from his boss GWB. His statement that the goal of Islam is for world domination, isn't this the goal of any religion, LDS go on missions and knock on every door, just about every christian group has missionaries to recruit new members...this guy should be told to shut up and fill out his paperwork so he can get reimbursed for his great work in NOLA...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060313/ap_on_re_us/robertson_islam

NORFOLK, Va. - Television evangelist Pat Robertson said Monday on his live news-and-talk program "The 700 Club" that Islam is not a religion of peace, and that radical Muslims are "satanic."
    Robertson's comments came after he watched a news story on his Christian Broadcasting Network about Muslim protests in Europe over the cartoon drawings of the Prophet Muhammad.
    He remarked that the outpouring of rage elicited by cartoons "just shows the kind of people we're dealing with. These people are crazed fanatics, and I want to say it now: I believe it's motivated by demonic power. It is satanic and it's time we recognize what we're dealing with."
    Robertson also said that "the goal of Islam, ladies and gentlemen, whether you like it or not, is world domination."

2. Chevy

Chevy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, he got the "not a religion of peace" part correct.

After that, he went all Looney toons on me.

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +294 / 12 / -10

I spoke with an Algerian Muslim who's a friend of a friend last week. He said in Algeria the IMF forced the government to move towards more of a free market, and this increased the price of bread by 700%. Meanwhile, the Muslim Fundamentalists continued to provide bread at the old price. From his perspective, the harsh realities of capitalism are provoking a reaction that's equally bad.

4. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

How do you turn a religion thread into a anti-capitalist one? :confused:

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

All religions are largely about peace. Most of them have trouble with the part that says their god is the one true god, and others go so far as to say that other religions are harmful to their's. The three nutty religions that espouse such a view all come from the same tree in the middle east. I'll go way out on a limb and say there might be a connection.

6. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Well, Nem opened the door, so anyone got any good towel head jokes?

7. CPF

CPF Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There you go Wistah, why bash only Muslims when you can go for the trifecta! By the way, last time I checked I hadn't seen where any Christians or Jews had strapped bombs to themselves and blown up innocent women and children; have you? Take care.

8. Patters

Ratings:
    +294 / 12 / -10

CPF, what about Nazi-ism, Fascism, Stalinism, and Colonialism? Although you might claim many of those people were not Christian, the fact is they came to power in nations endowed with Christian values and committed crimes far worse than anything the Muslims have done. Hitler was Christian in the same sense Saddam Hussein was Muslim. Stalin (who studied for the priesthood) was Christian in the same sense the Nassar of Egypt was Muslim. Your knee-jerk apologist attitude for the crimes of Christian nations is part of the reason why we're in this mess in the Middle East in the first place.

9. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

They don't have to.
    They are getting the same thing accomplished by their armies.
    Just because someone is wearing a military uniform does not mean what he is doing cannot be classified as terrorism.

10. CPF

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, who can forget the Nazi’s cries of “Heil Jesus!†as the Blitzkrieg raged across Europe, or that shining beacon of Christendom that the Soviet Union became? Are you serious Patters? Were Hitler or Stalin following the basic tenets of Christianity? Now, lets take your average everyday Islamic terrorist (which by the way is who I was talking about); are they following the basic tenets of their religion? Well….lets take a look…

Surah 8 - 60. "Against them [nonbelievers] make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies of Allah and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of Allah, shall be repaid unto you, and ye shall not be treated unjustly."

Surah 2:12-13 “Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. War is ordained by Allah.â€

Surah 3:11 “We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Their habitation is the Fire.â€

Surah 4:76 “Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols. So fight the minions of the devil. Lo! the devil's strategy is ever weak.â€

Surah 4:89 “They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve, that ye may be upon a level (with them). So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah; if they turn back (to enmity) then take them and kill them wherever ye find them, and choose no friend nor helper from among them,â€

Surah7:4 How many a township have We destroyed! As a raid by night, or while they slept at noon, Our terror came unto them. 7:5 No plea had they, when Our terror came unto them, save that they said: Lo! We were wrong-doers.

That is just a taste of course, but I think you get the picture. The fact of the matter is that the terrorist is following the commandments of his/her religion to a tee……can the same be said about Hitler or Stalin following Christianity? I think not. Perhaps they used the religious hierarchy that was in place to further their cause, and yes in many cases that corrupt hierarchy was all too willing to comply, but were they really following the commandments of Christ?

Matthew 5:38-45 (Jesus speaking) You have heard that it was said: "An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth;" but I say to you, Do not resist the evil; but whoever strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other to him also. And to him desiring to sue you, and to take your tunic, allow him also to have the coat. And whoever shall compel you to go one mile, go two with him. He asking you to give, and he wishing to borrow from you, do not turn away. You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor" and hate your enemy; but I say to you, Love your enemies; bless those cursing you, do well to those hating you; and pray for those abusing and persecuting you, so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. Because He causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and unjust.

I don’t think so. Take care.

11. CPF

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, I have been called quite few things since I joined this forum but I have to admit I never dreamed "terrorist" would be one of them. You see, I AM one of those folks "wearing a military uniform" and to have you equate what I do to terrorism is not only ludicrous it is shameful. No country or it's armed forces are perfect, yes mistakes are made and yes innocent lives are lost, but the intent is not to invoke terror and kill the weak and innocent, the intent is to protect and serve those that cannot do so for themselves. You may disagree with the conflict we, as a country, are currently engaged in and you may disagree with Israeli policy regarding security issues.....but to draw parallels between them and those bloodthirsty scum that call themselves “insurgents†is completely uncalled for. Take care.

12. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Two words: Northern Ireland

13. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Wow! I think I hit a nerve, here.

Such a good Christian, you are. As contradictory and self-righteous as the preachers tell you to be. "My god is the one true god, and one you believe in is false. I'm going to kill you 'cuz my book says it's OK."

Funny how you never speak up about anybody bashing Muslims in general. There's been plenty of posts, now yours included, that reveal a generally ignorant attitude towards one of the world's largest religions and all you can do to defend it is pick out some passages from yet another book of bullshyte which is barely distinguishable from the book of fairy tales you adhere to. Don't Muslims also adhere to the OT?

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

My, aren't we touchy, today.

Look what we have here...another "soldier" who thinks he's above everyone else morally because he has a uniform on. What a joke. Just because you wear a uniform doesn't absolve you from being a part of an organization that does, in fact, kill innocent people. Do you think your god gives a damn what you're wearing when you do it? Do you think he differentiates those wearing a cross from those wearing a crescent and star? Heaven isn't a members-only country club, is it? This is an old debate, one for which I am not adaquately prepared, but something tells me that killing 50,000 to save 3000 doesn't add up for any god.

If the "insurgents" had uniforms and came into a town with tanks and Apaches decorated with cool logos and started blowing up buildings and killing civilians, would that make them legitimate? Could we then start calling them soldiers?

15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

We are all animals, why did this kind and loving God create us so that in order to live and survive we have to "Eat Each Other"?

Poor cows and chickens.

16. Patters

Ratings:
    +294 / 12 / -10

Come on, CPF. I'm sure I can find all sorts of crazy stuff in the Bible, which you would explain in the same way moderate Muslim explain the Koran.

We are a product of the prevailing religion that dominates our society. Many of thosewho grew up where Christianity was strong became Nazis, Fascists, Colonialists, etc. Don't tell me that Christianity had no influence on them. After all, in the age when there was no separation of church and state to cover your apologist ass, Christians launched inquisitions, slave trades, and torture.

All I am saying, CPF, is that people are the same all over. Muslims are no more violent than westerners and frankly, if you knew a few, you would agree with me. The Bible has been no more of a civilizing force than the Koran.

17. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As you can plainly see CPF, the left really SUPPORTS THE TROOPS.

Rock on Soldier.

18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

I'll trust a Presbytarian before I trust a Muslim.

19. Brick

Brick Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No one can deny that there have been "Christian" Terrorists in Northern Ireland. However they have a long way to go to match the Muslim Terrorists who have staged planned mass murder attacks all over the world in the US, Africa, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Israel, Spain, Bali, Jakarta, Lebanon, England, Africa, etc... :rolleyes:

I make no excuses for the IRA for their cowardly attacks on the innocent. However the IRA does not and has not ever posed a threat to world peace and civilization. The "Christian" IRA does not pose a threat to US National Security.

Can you say the same about the Muslim Terrorists?

20. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

...more cheerleading from the bench...