Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pat Robertson: How much longer?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Jan 5, 2006.

1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +102 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

This guy is a jackass, he can join the legally insane public figures club with Howie Dean.

NEM, Your comments about Jews haters is way out of line just because a person says something about a Jewish person doesn't mean he hates jews. Do you hate jews because you have said nasty things about Joe Lieberman?

3. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,861 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Pat Robertson. At least folks who are not liberals don't defend this moonbat.

4. HoyaPats

HoyaPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

??????

I don't get your point. The guy is a kingmaker in the Republican Party. Along with Dobson and the rest of the right-wing evangelical crazies.

It's no wonder that Robertson and Islamic radicals agree on how "wonderful" it was that Sharon had a stroke...they are all a bunch of religious nuts, no matter what denomination...

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Robertson will continue his morning show on ABC, and the powers to be will not denounce what he said and will not move away from him. He is right up there with Dobson and "God Hates Fags" folk. Check out their website, they are going over the edge right now with Thank God for 12 dead miners and 5 more dead soldiers, these folks know how to push the 1st amendment to is limits. It is a wonder that no one has reigned undivine retribution upon them, must be a pain in a.. to local police who have to protect them.

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Uhm..."religious nuts" is redundant. Got some in the family. If they said the things they say about church mysticism in the context of any other subject, they would be locked up.

7. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You called me an anti-semite for my statement regarding neo-conservatives. Nice double standard there. But at least you admit this guy's a jackass. Pat Robertson- the mullah of the American Taliban.

8. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Two things;

1. Conservatives, unlike liberals do NOT unconditionally apologize and make excuses for the radical or fundamental elements in their "side" From my perspective, Robertson is out of line and out of touch with reality. I would prefer he and the outspoken religious right shut the hell up.

2. Robertson is NOT an anti-semite. In fact, he is quite the supporter of Jews and Israel. He was very upset from what I've heard about Israel giving land back to the Palestinians. He is a friend of Zionism from my understanding.

But then again, anything the left can grab and say "See I told you so, look what the right is up to again"

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

I have to go along with you on this one, he is just as bad as the Muslim Terrorists, they think Allah wants them to kill and this Bas tard Robertson said God gave Sharon a Stroke

10. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

1. Yet conservatives are the first ones to blame all Muslims for the terrorists in their midst by saying "Well, they don't condemn the terrorists strongly enough."

2. You're absolutely right, Robertson is upset that anybody would concede anything to the Palestinians. It's not so much that Robertson is pro-Israel, it's that he's anti-Muslim.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

The Muslim Terrorists are the ones who created "Anti Muslimism" by their actions all over the world, all they know is "kill,kill,kill"

The good Muslims should start to clean their house up, the "Savages" are making them all look bad.

Mohammad Ali should publicly "Condem" them, the religous leaders in all of America's Mosques should condem them from their pulpits.
    "Don't hold your breath though"

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  12. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Hey, maybe Christians should apologize, clean their house, and comdemn as well. Starting with the crusades...

13. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What about "Christian rock"?
    Not to mention the obnoxious broad that does the shows with Robertson. All she needs, IMO, is a big dose of pagan love, if ya know what I mean...

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

This isn't a left-right thing. This is more of a stupid-smart thing. Even my friend Harry Boy (a fine rightie) is sick of this religious freak's crap. Pat's right, though...God told me last night that he meant to give Sharon a heart attack but he accidentally gave him a stroke. I said "Get the Hell outta my dreams, man." How come I can't get a TV show? I gotta be better-looking than that inbred moe-rawn.

15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

A very big dose, that will give her something to truly smile about.

16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

So are you saying that people like Robertson and Falwell have no standing within the Republican Party, or is your comment simplistic?

The Christian right support for Israel and the war-by-mistake is based on their view that certain things have to happen in the Middle East before Jesus returns. When Jesus returns, Jews will have one more chance to accept him. But, if they don't, He'll be pissed. So, it's a peculiar form of anti-semitism.

But then again, anything the left can grab and say "See I told you so, look what the right is up to again"[/QUOTE]

17. Patters

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

It's absolutely a left-right thing. Though Robertsons views are insane, the fact is he's a major supporter of the war on Iraq and most other Republican initiatives. He plays an important role in the Republican Party, certainly far more important than the role Cindy Sheehan plays in the Democratic Party. The radical fringe in the Republican Party has much more power than the fringe of the Democratic Party.

Go here for more info. http://www.4religious-right.info/

(Just below the first chart is a link to an Excel spreadshhet that shows how right-wing religious groups rate our leaders.

18. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I was speaking in terms of who thinks he's nuts. The fact that most of those who agree with him are Republicans is incidental - even if they are all Republicans. I don't recognoze enough differences between the parties to differentiate them in any significant way, as you know.

19. Patters

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

I would regrard civil rights and economic rights as dramatic differences between the parties. In other ways, such as foreign policy and economic strategy, the parties are too similar.

20. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +102 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Howard Dean sure carries weight in your party and he is another legally insane person, but you will never hear a lefty here condemn anything that comes the that comes out of his inbreed vile delusional hateful nazi left-wing mouth, so once again Patters is proven to be an ultra left wing appologist, "they can do no wrong" :nono: