PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pat Patriot or Flying Elvis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes - why don't use both ? not bad idea...

so everyone is happy

There will be no AFL-style cartoon logos on modern uniforms.

TXMOshort.gif

:scared:

Last edited:
As much as I think the old logo was cooler, I just can't bring myself to buy any Pats gear with Pat Patriot. Whenever I see old Pat, I simply associate him with the era of failure. Of course, the turnaround of the franchise had nothing to do with the unis - a better front office, better coaching & better players did the trick. Still, I can't shake the association and always get my stuff with flying Elvis. Anyone else feel the same way?
I feel exactly the same way.

I hope not. The current uni is sleek and quite serious looking, while retaining a kinetic feel. It may not be the Billy-badass Raiders look (which of course, looks much badder when they play better,) but it is also not some silly 'sixties concoction either.

The suggestion to weaken the look with a Pat Patriot patch does nothing for me... leave poor Pat where he belongs, on those old pennants and posters, not on game unis!!!

PS- I love the guy too, in a nostalgic way... I just know better than to think it's a better look or a better logo.

Guess I am a switch hitter on this one, I have a jacket with Pats Patriot on one side and Flying Elvis on the other.. in the back I have all 3 SB patches. ON my vehicle, have both once again. Cannot decide, must be bi-patual.

I feel proud wearing them both. I do wish that they do wear the the old Pats once in a while (like Buffalo and San Diego) for us old farts that get a little nostalgic every once in a while.

FYI, for those Pat Patriots lovers, I learned a new photoshop technique where I can turn logos into "patches", and made a Pat Patriot wallpaper with the accompanying script from that era. I won't post the entire image here (1024 x 768), but here is the link:

http://home.comcast.net/~davidpeabody/OldLogoWallpaper.jpg

Basically, it allows taking something like this:
patsscript_432.jpg

and turning it into this:
patsjersey_204.jpg

FYI, for those Pat Patriots lovers, I learned a new photoshop technique where I can turn logos into "patches", and made a Pat Patriot wallpaper with the accompanying script from that era. I won't post the entire image here (1024 x 768), but here is the link:

http://home.comcast.net/~davidpeabody/OldLogoWallpaper.jpg

Basically, it allows taking something like this:
patsscript_432.jpg

and turning it into this:
patsjersey_204.jpg

Can you make the bottom one into a wallpaper, except with a white or silver jersey background? I'd much prefer that. :D

Last edited:
Can you make the bottom one into a wallpaper, except with a white or silver jersey background? I'd much prefer that. :D

Yup. Will do. Probably later tonight or tomorrow. Once there are no games on! :D

I have both on the back of my van. I prefer Pat and the red Uni's; they were the colours of the team I fell in love with. But Elvis and the blue Uni's are the Super Bowl era, so they're here to stay. All I ask is that they roll out the throwbacks as an alternate once a year, preferably on Thanksgiviing. It's the gray alternates I can't stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back