PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pat Kriwan mock draft (4/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end, it works out pretty well for the Pats.

Not really. Albert at #7 is a huge reach for a guard. And I'm not sure Avril will make it all the way to the 31st pick of round 2. There's also no DB help for the Pats here.

Last edited:
Not really. Albert at #7 is a huge reach for a guard. And I'm not sure Avril will make it all the way to the 31st pick of round 2. There's also no DB help for the Pats here.

At guard, I'd agree. But he's being projected to tackle. I'm sure Groh will tell BB exactly why he wasn't used there in college, and that the Pats have a good read on the kid.

Here's a report from nfldraftscout, take it for what it's worth:

04/16/08 - 04/16/08 - Draft Scout Risers: The more scouts watch Albert's film, the more they are enamored with the ACC star's potential. Before the Combine, Albert was viewed as a borderline first-round pick. By draft day, however, Albert could land himself in the top 10. Scouts got a bit of a late read on Albert due to the fact that he entered the draft as a junior, and thus teams hadn't thoroughly scouted him throughout the year. And whereas most underclassmen petition the Advisory Committee for a projection before leaving school early, Albert relied solely on the advice of Cavaliers head coach Al Groh. Despite 35 of his 37 career starts coming at left guard, the 6-foot-6, 309-pound Albert showed enough fluidity in his two starts last season at left tackle that many teams are now projecting him outside. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=33795

I think Kirwan's liked Cason from the beginning? He's got him going 20th overall to Tampa, which is higher than some of the other mocks out there, and he calls Cason the "safe pick". We'll see what happens, but I think Cason is first round talent, and I would be happy with selecting him anywhere outside of the top 15. If they could land him with a trade up in the second round that would be good too, but then you've only got him under contract for 4 years.

Last edited:
I think Kirwan's liked Cason from the beginning? He's got him going 20th overall to Tampa, which is higher than some of the other mocks out there, and he calls Cason the "safe pick". We'll see what happens, but I think Cason is first round talent, and I would be happy with selecting him anywhere outside of the top 15. If they could land him with a trade up in the second round that would be good too, but then you've only got him under contract for 4 years.

This is a minor point, but I'd prefer to see the Pats stay in the top 16 for that 6 year contract. 5 is OK, but for a good player it might be worth more in bonus money up front to get that final year. Especially with this team, where most positions have a learning curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes