Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pat Buchanon article on the usa.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by jack, Jan 15, 2008.

1. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/staticarticles/article59693.html

Subprime Nation

Since it began to give credit ratings to nations in 1917, Moody's has rated the United States triple-A. U.S. Treasury bonds have been seen as the most secure investment on earth. When crises erupt, nervous money seeks out the world's great safe harbor, the United States. That reputation is now in peril.

Last week, Moody's warned that if the United States fails to rein in the soaring cost of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, the nation's credit rating will be down-graded within a decade.

Our political parties seem oblivious. Republicans, save Ron Paul, are all promising to expand the U.S. military and maintain all of our worldwide commitments to defend and subsidize scores of nations.

Democrats, with entitlement costs drowning the federal budget in red ink, are proposing a new entitlement – universal health coverage for the near 50 million who do not have it – another magnet for illegal aliens. Moody's is telling America it needs a time of austerity, while the U.S. government is behaving like the governments we used to bail out.

(Column continues below)
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

This country is so doomed. I used to laugh when people were saying it 10-15 years ago. What I didn't quite understand as a teenager, I clearly understand today. Long term financial obligations are compounding. Every 3% you give now, means you're giving that 3% both this year, and forever. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, and quite honestly, I fear that if the wrong person wins the big seat, the future trouble we face is only going to get worse.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You're right. Problem is, the right person - the one we need now - is not running for president in the eyes of the media.
    I used to be embarrassed by the crappy car we had when I was a kid, but my folks knew that they would be better off if they dug deep, saved, paid our tuition for good schools and paid down on the mortgage. It's all about priorities and the government is a drunken sailor.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

America is changing, I know because I'm an old bastard, I have a little of the old time prejudices still in me from the 30' & 40' and I am many times called "racist and I don't give a sh!t because I'm to old to change now but I can slowly see this country turning into another Mexico and Cuba and those lousy bastard Politicians could care less all they are interested in is their personal power and their own bank books.

Law and Order, Decency, Patriotism, Accountability For One's Sef, Self Reliance, Commonsense and Morality they are all fast disappearing.

If Pant Suit Hillary's Village ever comes to be then it is all over, the Government will be running your whole life, your freedoms will vanish so fast you won't know what hit you until find yourself standing in line for two years waiting to have your Hernia fixed.

Also, this may sound racist but we can't help but see it, the Black Community had better get ready, the Hispanics are going to push them right into the back of the bus again.

America's filthy Politician does not want to face all this Sh!t, they are worried about "offending" and then losing their job.

:bricks:
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Social Security and Medicare can be saved easily by turning them from a retirement/medical plan to partial old age welfare. All they have to do is move the $90K (or thereabouts) ceiling on which you pay the taxes to an unlimited ceiling but with no additional benefits. The tax on the above $90K would be "new money" and would be enough to bail it out. I'm not in favor of this but it would easily get the job done and would likely be popular in our "hate the rich" society.
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Tax hikes on the wealthy will solve the problems. Handled properly, the market will do well, as we saw during the Clinton administration, provided we continue to make new savings and investment offerings to the middle class (and poor). We should restore the death tax, increase taxes on people earning $250k, and substantially increase taxes on people earning in the millions. In addition, ending the war and developing a foreign policy based more on diplomacy than war will also save a lot of money.

And, BF, I do agree that raising the SS ceiling would be the easiest way to make the program sound. But, really it has nothing to do with hating the rich. The rich have always done well regardless of the kind of government we have.
  7. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The shame of it is that nothing will change until it really goes bad because it is political suicide to say there is no easy fix and we need to cut spending drastically when all the other candidates offer pie in the sky easy solutions. If everyone else is saying don't worry, there's plenty of money, let's make a program for this, a program for that, increase funding for this by $25 billion, etc, a reformer has 0% chance of getting elected.
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

The government is, and the people are too. This country has become irresponsible as a whole. Fewer and fewer people live within their means, by sacraficing some things, and saving for that rainy day.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

What About The People That Are Slowly But Surely Changing Our Culture What About The Street Gangs That The Grinning Politician Never Wants To Talk About What About Our Hospitals Who Are Now Over Crowded With Illegal Criminal Aliens Who Can't Say One Word Of English And many Of Them Refuse To Even Try To Learn English, Just Look At California They Are Turning Into Another Country, Our Politicians Just Keep Grinning And Feeding Us Their Same Old Sh!t, "Health Care & Sex".

We Have Been Invaded, The Illegal Criminal Alien Has Succeeded In Doing What The Japs & Nazi's Failed To Do.

Nobody Seems To Care So F-ck Everybody, "Gracias"

:bricks:
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

What people simply can't understand is that taxes are in no way the problem, nor the solution. We're raped far too much as it is, and increasing taxes on even the richest of people, doesn't do didly to solve the actual problem, which is massive government spending and waste. It's utterly moronic, sorry, but it is, to think that making some people pay more is the answer. It's like giving a little kid another scoop of ice cream so that he stops whining. When you give him that scoop, he might STFU while he's eating it, but once it's all gone, he's just going to start whining for more. The key is disciplined spending, efficiency, less waste. Taxing more got Michigan less. It doesn't promote growth, and it doesn't cure bad policy.
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

We can raise taxes if we don't want to cut spending. Either solution has pros and cons. The Dems deserve credit for calling for national health care. If that's implemented it will create huge economic opportunities for people to move between jobs, start their own businesses, etc. Edwards is calling for far more pressure on corporations to do their fair share, and I think all the Dems feel that American corporations that avoid taxes to take advantage of international tax havens should be penalized. What are the Republicans offering, and can you trust them?
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

:rofl: National healthcare is going to do what? Since when has a government subsidized, or in this case, controlled and paid for, program ever been a boon to the economy? It's our current social programs that are doing us in, and yet some people think that another massive 30% return on investment is going to spur economic growth. :rofl: This country is so done with it's tragic. People refuse to understand that the welfare state is a countdown to implosion. What's worse, is the same M&M's calling for more government, and more taxes, are the same people who want to let 10-20 million red inkers stay via Amnesty. What maroonery of monumental porportions.
  13. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The con of raising taxes to offset spending increases is that it keeps us on the same road of taking too much money, then spending it unwisely. It continues the cycle of tax - spend - tax more - spend more. Like I said, its easy to say "tax the rich more, they can afford it," but at some point won't the rich get tired of that and move either their money (which many have already done), their business, or both out of the country? At some point you reach a limit on how much you can tax the rich, then the definition of "rich" gets changed so that the income floor for being "rich" is lowered.

I don't give the Dems any credit for calling for national health care! The Republicans each have different plans, but the general idea is to increase the affordability of heath care through: Encouraging competition, increasing access of individuals to health care providers, allowing small businesses to buy plans together to get the discounted rates big companies get, tax breaks for health savings accounts, tax breaks for individuals buying their own health care, stopping frivolous lawsuits and limiting malpractice awards, making those that buck the system and choose not to buy insurance pay for their care if they get sick, etc. These ideas are coupled with goverment assistance ONLY to those that cannot afford health insurance on their own to ensure everybody has insurance. Some combination of the above ideas can lead to everyone having healthcare without the roughly $100 billion per year in new spending the Dem plans call for. This kind of system has been implemented here in MA without new revenue being needed. Government run healthcare will be inefficient and wasteful, and if you need evidence of that, go see how the DMV runs, or take a look at how efficiently the Pentagon spends your money.

(Edit) Beat me to it RW, well, I wrote more, so there!
  14. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Is this your answer for everything? Tax hikes fix nothing except balance the budget...however if we don't fix the spending we just let the government use the new income as soon as the budget is fixed. Taxing the rich more is just stupid, and I'll give you an example:

I have a good friend who is a surgeon, he started a practice and now has 8 partners. With the type of medicine that he practices, his patients are usually 40%medicaid. (you know the great government run program) Now when he performs surgery for someone with medicaid, the government will only pay so much for that service (which usually only covers cost). Because of this they have to make up the different with patients who have normal insurance. When their cost goes up (malpractice insurance, TAXES, ect..) they need to keep the same margins so they have to pass that cost along to the customer with good insurance.

Socializing medicine will only dumb down the quality of service (becuase they have to do it for what the government is going to pay them) and put a lot of people out of business. It's the same in regular business, the company will keep their margins the same, so if you jack up the tax to the 'rich' (company owners) they are just going to pass that increase along to the consumer.

What's hilarious is that we all agree government needs change, and the programs that they run usually end up with many problems....yet the libs want to socialize medicine and give our health-care over to the government that has proven it can't run it. (medicaid and SS say hi). Why do you think the government would all of sudden do a great job with health-care? If there is no competition (like in a free market) then there is no incentive to get better.

EDIT: I must type slower than Stokes and RW :)
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Well, everyone knows that I'm one dumb azz white motherfu%$*@, so I'm not sure what that says about you two. :D
  16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: This is Patters' solution to every single problem..!! :rofl: It's like his own personal mantra..!! :rofl:
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

You can pour more and more perfume on a pig, but in the end, you're gonna run out of perfume before you stop that pig from smellin. Patters thinks that more and more perfume is the answer.
  18. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It was planned this way...

If this country goes bankrupt, which it will, it will change into North Amerikan Union... this is the only way to get into a New World Order.