Welcome to PatsFans.com

passports and news bias

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by otis p. driftwood, Mar 21, 2008.

1. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So I heard on the CNN radio news earlier that Obama's passport file had been opened and looked at by some contractors at State. They even played a sound bite from Condi where she discussed the call she'd made to Obama apologizing.

Then I finally get a minute to look at some actual news, and oddly enough, HRC's, McCain's AND Obama's were breached.

Why did CNN radio news only mention Obama?

Perhaps because that sounds more sinister than saying "some dumb yahoos at State got curious about the three people left standing in the presidential race".
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 2 / -9

CNN & NBC (lefty Obama media)
    They were so EXCITED at the thought that they could make Obama seem like the "poor little abused black guy" being picked on by the dirty white racist neo cons that they jumped the gun and now it turns out that all the candidates and even some other people had their passports looked at.

:bricks:
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

its on the front page of CNN.com

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/21/obama.passport/index.html

Story Highlights
    Passport files of remaining presidential hopefuls viewed

Clinton's passport file was viewed in 2007, office says

One contractor who saw Obama's file also saw McCain's, officials say

the real question we should be asking is "How much of a fukc up is Condi Rice?"
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  4. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Here's a quote from some blog over at msnbc, about who had a better week. No mention of anyone else.
    That's my point. Why were the first stories all about Barack?

5. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I assume that Obama's passport infringement was noticed before the others since it was in the news a full day ahead of the others.

And here we have it.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23736254/
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 10 / -26

It is not a big conspiracy thing, what happened was the Obama stuff was pretty much reported first as that is what they found out, now the others are found out it is reported pretty much across the board..
  7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Okay. *shrug*

The radio report I heard and the ABC News story I saw mentioning all three were about an hour apart. I forget when the MSNBC blog was written.

It just seemed strange to me--and given what a basically tough week Obama had, it seemed natural for the MSM to try and give him a little out, and a few hours of being the poster boy for incompetent contract workers would be pretty good. As the msnbc guy said, now he gets to attack the administration instead of defend himself.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 10 / -26

When I logged on @ 4:00 AM, the only reports were from drudge.. then went through the blogs and there was much criticism as the news networks were not reporting the breach and found out from Drudge.. at that time Obama was the only one reported.. out for the day and just found out all three were breached.. agree there is a lot of bias, but not on this one..
  9. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I made the same assumption since it's the logical one for any rational person to make. Obviously much too logical for the paranoid righties on this board.

It's stunning that you can contradict yourself and yet not even recognise it. :rolleyes:

"it seemed natural for the same MSM [ which was responsible for Obama's tough week] to try to give him an out" is an idiotic statement. Had the "MSM" been concerned with Obama's prospects, they wouldn't have focused on the irrelevant comments made by Wright for over a week. Again, in the typical righty haste to promote the "media is left biased" propaganda, you abandon all pretense of a grasp of logic.

Scary to know that people like you will decide the next President. :eek:
  10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Why are you misquoting me to try and make me look bad?

I can make myself look bad enough, I don't need people to fluck with what I actually say to make it worse.

Seriously though--why would you say I said something I didn't say?

I asked a question based on what I saw today. That's all.