Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

December 13, 2006
Pats injuries

The Patriots issued a lengthy injury report today. Here are the significant changes:

RB Patrick Pass has been placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury, ending his season. Safety Rodney Harrison, who has been out in recent weeks, has been upgraded to doubtful with a shoulder injury.

Additions to the injury report include tight end Benjamin Watson, who is questionable with a knee injury, nose tackle Vince Wilfork, questionable with an ankle injury, and nose tackle Mike Wright, questionable with a shoulder injury.

Running back Laurence Maroney and wide receiver Chad Jackson remain questionable with back and groin injuries, respectively. The full injury report to come.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 04:10:22 PM

And for those who missed it:

-Gene Mruckzkowski re-signed
-TE Rod Trafford signed to practice squad

Last edited:
I heard he was throwing balls to the ground in practice like a QB spiking the ball in a two-minute drill. Last time he engaged in that behavior he said it was his hamstring, and he had his foot operated on in the off-season to correct the problem.

Rodney to doubtful.:rocker:

Next week to questionable and he will play some in the Tenn game.

I hope Maroney is going to be OK. Back injuries don't typically heal like a groin or hamstring. Once you hurt your back you have the dreaded "bad back." Not something you want in your 22 year old future-of-the-franchise RB

I can't say I am unhappy about Pass. I find it a bit surprising and wonder if this was simply a move to free up a roster spot?

Good news on Rodney. GJA15 did a good job getting the info on that yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilfork sat this week to get as healthy as possible. I hope Watson isn't serious enough to keep him out of the Playoffs.

I hope Maroney is going to be OK. Back injuries don't typically heal like a groin or hamstring. Once you hurt your back you have the dreaded "bad back." Not something you want in your 22 year old future-of-the-franchise RB

Don't expect Maroney to be here once his rookie contract is done. He came here excited to win a SB. By the time his contract ends either he will have one or it will no longer be in the cards, in either case he is gone.

He was recently on Totally Patriots on CH5 the kids show focusing on the Pats. He was in front of a bunch of HS kids, and they asked him what he thought of NE. He said its very quiet, so you can't get into trouble. Then later one of the kids asked him what he liked best about NE, and he said nothing, he couldn't come up with an answer. He just looked at them, it was embarrasing, finally the host chimed in and gave a response, but Maroney never answered.

Wherever he is from he is used to more life and excitement. He will also be offered a lot of money as a free agent, which of course the FO won't match. Finally if we haven't gotten him a SB in 4 years, he will probably try closer to home.

Don't expect Maroney to be here once his rookie contract is done. He came here excited to win a SB. By the time his contract ends either he will have one or it will no longer be in the cards, in either case he is gone.

He was recently on Totally Patriots on CH5 the kids show focusing on the Pats. He was in front of a bunch of HS kids, and they asked him what he thought of NE. He said its very quiet, so you can't get into trouble. Then later one of the kids asked him what he liked best about NE, and he said nothing, he couldn't come up with an answer. He just looked at them, it was embarrasing, finally the host chimed in and gave a response, but Maroney never answered.

Wherever he is from he is used to more life and excitement. He will also be offered a lot of money as a free agent, which of course the FO won't match. Finally if we haven't gotten him a SB in 4 years, he will probably try closer to home.

Guess you have some ability to see into the '11 season, don't know how you come up with this... maybe he is just camera shy and having some injury problems, read somewhere he has cracked ribs. Could be back in a couple of weeks, it is a huge adjustment from the Big 10 to the NFL>

The guy grew up in St. Louis and played his college ball in Minnesota neither of them are going to be confused with New York City any time soon. I doubt Boston offers much less than either of those places, matter of fact I know it doesn't in St Louis' case.

Last edited:
Those jokes are getting a bit old.
There was only one joke in my post, and he wasn't that old - he will turn 29 on Dec 31. And while his running legs are obviously decrepit, there is nothing wrong with his throwing arm. Ever tried to measure how high the ball bounces when he does a toss-fumble?

He may leave for FA agency but give me a break. What an impossible standard he has to live up to.

He is a 21 year old kid that has gone from the inner city in St. Louis to college in Minnesota and then straight into the NFL. He has lived in NE for a total of 6 months and has spent most of that time in beautiful Foxboro. What is susposed to say "I love lobster and route 1?"

From everything I have heard he has been a model Patriot, hard working and dedicated. The first thing he did with his contract was buy his mom a new house. The percentage of NFL players that remain in the Boston area after they retire is very small, and the reason is that they are not from the area.

We are 4+ years away from his free agency. Lets see how it plays out before we start killing the guy for not answering a question the way we want. P.s. He was at that event in his spare time, he could have just as easily said No "Thanks I am going to hit the clubs."

Most likely Maroney will sign where the most money is - just like 95% of players do.

Who cares. He's signed for 4 more years. After that, whatever. The whole point of draft choices is how much you can get out of them with their first contract - that's when they're a good value. Second contract ? You're paying market value.

Look at Givens and Branch. We had them both for about $2M combined last year. Great value. If we'd have re-signed Givens for the $3M or so we offered and Branch for the $6M or so, we'd be paying them $9M. Not so good value.

First contract - awesome value if you hit on the pick (except top ten overall).
Next contract - you're paying market value.

There was only one joke in my post, and he wasn't that old - he will turn 29 on Dec 31. And while his running legs are obviously decrepit, there is nothing wrong with his throwing arm. Ever tried to measure how high the ball bounces when he does a toss-fumble?

Seriously. It's getting annoying.

Don't expect Maroney to be here once his rookie contract is done.

Thanks for the heads up. I just added that to my 2010 "things to worry about' list.:eek:

Seriously. It's getting annoying.
Why is Pass's fumbling annoying you? They got rid of him. Sure he fumbled twice in his last four carries, but that is over now.

Supposed he is going home and opening up a used car dealership. Should do well as long as no mechanic says, "Hey Patrick, hand me those ball joints, will ya?" Clang.

Why is Pass's fumbling annoying you? They got rid of him. Sure he fumbled twice in his last four carries, but that is over now.

Supposed he is going home and opening up a used car dealership. Should do well as long as no mechanic says, "Hey Patrick, hand me those ball joints, will ya?" Clang.

I do think that there should be a national advisory warning people 'Never let a Patriot offensive player hold your infant', especially a player prone to sudden onset hamstring problems.

Fumble rates per touches:

Kevin Faulk - 2.00%
Patrick Pass - 1.74%
Corey Dillon - 0.99%

Fumble lost rates per touches:

Kevin Faulk - 1.39%
Patrick Pas - 0.87%
Corey Dillon - 0.67%

And if you're, shall we say, negatively influenced by Pass' fumble (the first lost one of his career) last year, then think back no further than Brady falling to the ground and pretty much handing the ball to Brendan Ayanbadejo to all but give Miami the win two years ago. Every player makes mistakes, and most (Doug Gabriel may protest) are forgiven.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots