PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pass Rusher

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfanboy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Well since this is a big need in our defense and going into the draft what whould have a bigger sucess in our system for getting after the QB, a DE or a OLB?

A tall, strong 3-4 DE who controls gaps, consistently ties up two or more blockers and helps Wilfork deform the pocket should give all the LBs and the occasional DB more open lanes to get to the passer, thus making everyone's pas rush better.

A tall, strong 3-4 DE who controls gaps, consistently ties up two or more blockers and helps Wilfork deform the pocket should give all the LBs and the occasional DB more open lanes to get to the passer, thus making everyone's pas rush better.

There's a FA available who can do exactly that, he's a little older but he may fit the bill.

Exactly. It will make the entire defense better.

As a matter of fact, if the right guys are available in good spots in the draft, I would take two of the first five picks at DE.

There are a couple guys I really like with our first pick. One will most likely be gone, and the other is going to shoot up the boards I think and most likely be a good pick there.

Those would be Dareus (will most likely be gone, but if not then you gotta take him)

and the other is M. Wilkerson who I really like too.

Later in the draft, like with #74, I'd like to see us draft someone like Beal from Oklahoma. While he is not a superstar in any one facet, he plays all areas well, and is a high character, hard worker, and smart football player.

Come to think of it I'd do something like this:

#17: M. Wilkerson- He won't be there at 28 so we take him a tiny bit early here.

#28: D. Sherrod - More of a pass blocker than run so that makes this a bit iffy, but he is the best available O-lineman here, and a solid starter.

#33: Mark Ingram - I think he is going to slip, and this is a bit optimistic, but if he is here you grab him.

#60: DeMarcus Love - Had a horrible showing at the bowl game, but it's sports and off games happen. I still think he is solid starter as a guard at least.

#74: J. Beal - 3-4 OLB experience. Sold tackler. Gets sacks and TFL's. Is always around the ball, and plays hard. Not the best measurables (which is what will have him slip this far), a definite upgrade over what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back