PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pass Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_Moss

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anybody else have a good thought of BB using Crables as a best kept secret because he's been out with his shin injury all season but isn't on the IR...and im sure everyone remembers how good he look as a pass rush and in coverage during the preseason...IMO, i think that BB is very competitive but also very confident on making the playoffs and will save Crables fresh skinny legs as an ultimate speed rush in the playoffs

I dunno if BB thought Crable could help out the team enough to put him on the active roster he'd be out there playing.

I dunno if BB thought Crable could help out the team enough to put him on the active roster he'd be out there playing.

But he's already on the active roster, according to the updated depth chart on footballguys.com

But he's already on the active roster, according to the updated depth chart on footballguys.com

Ya you're right he is on the active roster, I meant the actual gameday roseter hes always inactive.

didn't he just play in the 2nd half vs the rams?

didn't he just play in the 2nd half vs the rams?

No. Crable did not play.

Guyton played. Wheatley played. Wilhite played.

Ahhhh......my bad!

Crossed my mind too....

If having Crable active would help this team win, he'd be active. The reality is, he was one of the most raw players drafted this year by the Patriots. With the depth ahead of him at LB, I have no problem with bringing him along slow.

If having Crable active would help this team win, he'd be active. The reality is, he was one of the most raw players drafted this year by the Patriots. With the depth ahead of him at LB, I have no problem with bringing him along slow.
Ditto. The kid's greatest room for improvement is at the supper table and in the weight room. Additionally, despite a nice interception in preseason, young OLBs in the Patriots system need a great deal of coverage work.

EDIT: Regarding the pass rush - did anyone notice Adalius Thomas showing up more in the pass rush? He's been in coverage on passing downs to help Mayo and Guyton as they develop. Now that they have a better understanding of their coverage responsibilities and techniques, Adalius is free to be used more in the pass rush, which should help Vrabel.

Last edited:

Exactly, and he is very fast on the outside rush and can play in coverage...that's y i think BB is keeping him as "the best kept secret" because we still have a very good depth at the LB position...I mean c'mon just think with Crables, AD, Guyton, and Mayo (LB speed package) playing in a series, thats a blitz for your a**:singing:

but maybe its just my imagination.....

The standing theory is that there exists a rookie LB who is best served and best serves the team by not playing during the regular season, but waiting for the postseason to "unleash" him.

I disagree.

I think BB does what is best for the team, and to hold him back until the playoffs does not make any sense to me.. if he was so good right now and healthy, he would be playing.

Is it just me or does anybody else have a good thought of BB using Crables as a best kept secret because he's been out with his shin injury all season but isn't on the IR...and im sure everyone remembers how good he look as a pass rush and in coverage during the preseason...IMO, i think that BB is very competitive but also very confident on making the playoffs and will save Crables fresh skinny legs as an ultimate speed rush in the playoffs

I saw Crable at a party Monday night, and he was moving around with no issue. However, I change my stance on calling him big enough to play in the NFL. He is very tall, but very thin. He may play a few downs as a change of pace, but he must add some size to be a legit NFL player.

The standing theory is that there exists a rookie LB who is best served and best serves the team by not playing during the regular season, but waiting for the postseason to "unleash" him.

I disagree.

:ditto:

10 char...

This is the NFL and we are not a great team anymore , which till last week were not even the top team in our own division.

Yet BB sees through the crystal ball knows he is going to the play off.if we win 1/2 in the next 5 games i wonder what you would see.

colts , 3 division games and steelers.

:ditto:

10 char...

Crable is SOOO good that we want to keep him hidden to unleash his fury on other teams in the playoffs so he can single-handedly win us the SB.
On top of that he is SOOO good that he doesnt even need to play during the regular season or get any NFL experience to do so.

Yeah, I think we are clearly on one side of the sanity barrier.

Let Crable stay in the weight room and work on those legs. He looked great in the preseason but that was typically against scrubs. Crable would get leveled at this point v.s. a starting OT or TE. I agree with the crowd that wants him to add some meat on his bones and bring him along slowly. Next year, he should be ready to be unleashed.

I'm in partial agreement with the OP about Crable.

That will be an excellent speed rusher to juice the defense down the stretch. Someone on whom the other teams won't have much tape to strategize.

The coaching staff loved this kid in TC. The celebrated "After Thanksgiving" games will see this guy inserted on 3rd downs.

To the folks who point out that it is ludicrous that the coaches are holding him back ONLY for the element of surprise - - I agree with you. The element of surprise is merely part of it. I do believe that more importantly, they are coaching him up first in a very concentrated way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots