PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pass Rush: Problem Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

letekro

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Maybe there is no 10 sack beast here, but there a ton of guys who can get to the QB from a number of different places. This could be reminiscent of the glory years when we had a great pass rush but no dominant pass rusher. Jones, Bequette, Hightower, Spikes, Mayo, Scott, and Ninkovich are all guys that can line up in a number of different spots and bring heat. Our interior rush should also be strong with Fanene, Pryor and Vince.

There are still question marks in the secondary, but secondary play in this league has become, well, secondary. Get to the QB and average DB's become playmakers.

Pass rush? You mean the problem we didn't have last year despite all the crowing to the contrary?

Nothing is solved on draft day. How much these kids change any dynamic on the defense will depend on their work ethic and how quickly they get up to speed. This gives the Pats more weapons to work with, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

We won't know if it's solved yet..but it does look to be greatly improved through this draft with Jones and Hightower

Bequette looks like he can be a stong contributor here.

Of course. Drafting is only the start.

players got to play.

Confucius says Patriot opponent who hold football next season run for life from BIG, ANGRY, defenders

i doubt it's "solved," but it will certainly be better.

Chandler Jones - will take another year to develop into real contributor as he has not filled out his frame.

Hightower - should contribute right away and will probably be our best pass rushing LB.

Fanene - can get to the QB. had 7 sacks last year and should get more as a starter.

Bequette - can be effective but is still a rookie.

Carter - who knows.

The problem with the pass rush last year is that 50% of the sacks came from 2 guys - carter and anderson. i think it will be more diversified this year. pluss pass rushing is not all about sacks but QB pressures as well.

all good points Will Carter be back though? The D is going to be faster and even more physical next year...good since the game has changed.

The problem with the pass rush last year is that 50% of the sacks came from 2 guys - carter and anderson. i think it will be more diversified this year. pluss pass rushing is not all about sacks but QB pressures as well.

EXACTLY!
All about putting the qb in uncomfortable situations and making him force errant throws. Can't tell you how many ints were caused in the glory days by Willie or Big Sey or Vrabel pressuring the qb.

I don't know about the pass rush, tough to say until they do it. But the defense seems like it will be meaner than last year which may be even more important.

I don't know if the problem is solved, addressed? Yes, but solve remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes