PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

pass rush gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't sit here in April and say it wont be as good. No one knows. It could end up being just as good or better.

Also Hightower and Collins are factors in the pass rush.

Hightower, Collins, Ninkovich, Sheard, and Brown, and Long and Flowers will be expected to contribute.

Disagree completely, he's one of the most consistent and most productive players on the team.
Yeah and he's durable as hell. Ninko's been leading the NFL in defensive line snaps year after year. He'll still be a big part of the defensive line rotation no doubt, but I wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting pulled more on 3rd downs and passing situations.

First, he looked to have less burst off the line last season in the pass rush, at least to my eyes. Second, he just turned 32. And third, we won't have Chandler Jones on the line anymore which will impact the pass rush across the line.

Yeah and he's durable as hell. Ninko's been leading the NFL in defensive line snaps year after year. He'll still be a big part of the defensive line rotation no doubt, but I wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting pulled more on 3rd downs and passing situations.

First, he looked to have less burst off the line last season in the pass rush, at least to my eyes. Second, he just turned 32. And third, we won't have Chandler Jones on the line anymore which will impact the pass rush across the line.

I think you hit this one on the head.

Ninkovich has certainly lost a step in pass rushing situations, which is understandable, but he does so many other things well, is versatile in the fact that he can line up in multiple spots, and knows exactly what Belichick wants and needs from his role.

I think that's a natural progression and expect that is the course his playing time will take but he's still a really good player and I take issue with those who claim he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes