PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

pass rush gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping Rufus can continue to improve, he looked really good during preseason last year. With Long, Sheard and Nink, I don't thing our ends will be the problem. Hopefully, we will be able to generate some pressure from up the middle.
Rufus Johnson reminds me a lot of Chandler Jones. I see a lot of upside there.

can't be worse than the 2010-2011 pass rush

right you are, Grissom is stouter than Flowers...... Flowers is more of a DE

The loss of jones is huge! I think the presence of jones really helped the other pass rushers as protection were slid to jones' side well over 50% of passing plays.

I just got a bad feeling about the current group of pass rushers ability to get to the qb.

No effective pass rush means Butler and Ryan are on the own, for te most part........ I don't ave any easy answer! Wish I did...... Sheard and Long will have to have yeoman seasons....... Nink is dependable as sunrise but getting to the QB is not his strongest card...... I dunno but I think we will know a lot more after day 2 of the draft as to what BB is thinking

As much as I like Ninkovich, his pass rush ability has really dropped off to the point where he is a liability on passing downs.

I am think Grissom will take over Easley’s role as an inside pass rusher on passing downs.

Grissom played some there last year. It isn't clear whether he was any good at it.

I would seem that Long might also be able to play inside.

No effective pass rush means Butler and Ryan are on the own, for te most part........ I don't ave any easy answer! Wish I did...... Sheard and Long will have to have yeoman seasons....... Nink is dependable as sunrise but getting to the QB is not his strongest card...... I dunno but I think we will know a lot more after day 2 of the draft as to what BB is thinking
I don't think that we traded Collins.

Who said anything about Collins? Or are you intimating that he will be a consitent pass-rusers from his LB spot?

Who said anything about Collins? Or are you intimating that he will be a consitent pass-rusers from his LB spot?
Yes, silly me. I am intimating that outside linebackers actually rush the passer.

I will join with those that hope that some of the youngsters that "red shirted" last year step up.
(Have any of them demonstrated cat-like quickness?)

Yep, so we can all line up and ***** slap him, one by one.

brady gets suspended then belichick should sign hardy as an FU to the league and more importantly to our gutless owner kraft.

brady gets suspended then belichick should sign hardy as an FU to the league and more importantly to our gutless owner kraft.

Huh?

How does Belichick use Bob Kraft's money to give Kraft a multi million dollar FU?

Signing Hardy would be a FU to Patriot fans, he's a criminal and a complete POS, he's also a horrible player to have on any team. Fortunately it will never happen.

As much as I like Ninkovich, his pass rush ability has really dropped off to the point where he is a liability on passing downs.

Disagree completely, he's one of the most consistent and most productive players on the team.

Long, Nink and Sheard (with more attention coming his way) can give solid pass rush and consistency
but nothing near the serious disruptive one we had last year

Someone will have to step up big time (interior and end) or our secondary will be seriously tested this year.

You can't sit here in April and say it wont be as good. No one knows. It could end up being just as good or better.

Also Hightower and Collins are factors in the pass rush.

Guy had 5.5 sacks and missed 4 games. Could be argued if he had played all 16 he might have had 10 sacks. He is a huge factor in the pass rush.

Hightower as well.

tumblr_md90o8g2JE1ruht22.gif

You can't sit here in April and say it wont be as good. No one knows. It could end up being just as good or better.

Also Hightower and Collins are factors in the pass rush.

Its so hard to disagree with you ...
looking at your picture.

With one eye closed though I dare to write that losing Easley, Hicks and CJ is not easy to replace.
Its not knowledge or insight or revelation - its an opinion - just like yours.
And it is stated here to get interesting views or even insight from members of the forum.
Since I dont have a strong heart waiting an eternity for opposite offence to strike - to me this is an important issue.

Most people dont expect Long to take over CJs pressure or production but he can bring more consistency, prove better in setting the edge and show up when it matters. Also I guess its not just me thinking Sheard will get tested getting more attention this year with CJ and Easley gone.

So whether there will be guys really stepping up or some adjustments to the schemes will compensate for the loss or the draft can bring someone with immediate impact - thats what stirs my imagination
(apart from your picture of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back