PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pasquarelli on Vinatieri

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2455053

EXCERPT:
INDIANAPOLIS -- Twenty-four hours.

That's all the time it took in March, from initial overture to contract agreement, according to Adam Vinatieri, for the Indianapolis Colts to pirate the game's most clutch kicker away from the New England Patriots as an unrestricted free agent.

"They kind of called out of the blue and said, 'Would you be interested?' and things just started rolling pretty quickly from there," said Vinatieri during the Colts' full-squad minicamp last weekend. "I mean, if I was going to leave New England, it wasn't going to be just for the sake of leaving. I'm too old to start over with a team that's rebuilding. For me, I wanted to go to a team that was close to winning a Super Bowl … and no one is closer than these guys."
:eek:

Cool, he's already working on his second career as a pundit. :rofl:

Man I hope one of our guys pounds this guy into the feild

He is saying what he is "suppossed" to say for his new team (gag), but he probably doesn't even realize how stupid he sounds.

Was that from our former kicker who is now dead to me while his has those stupid horse shoes on his helmet?

Nothing is going to keep Peyton from choking in the big one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't disagree that the Colts are a competitive team - and I don't disagree that AV's spouting the party line. I simply can't wait to eliminate them - and I REALLY can't wait 'til Adam realizes how $hitty their D is.

patsox23 said:
I don't disagree that the Colts are a competitive team - and I don't disagree that AV's spouting the party line. I simply can't wait to eliminate them - and I REALLY can't wait 'til Adam realizes how $hitty their D is.

Adam took the money now and destroyed the legacy he would have had later in New England. That's ok, I guess.

But really, playing for the Colts and saying stupid **** just means he's about as relevant as John Smith in New England. Thatnks for contributing a kick or two. If it weren't for Belichick's conservative style when ahead in a game, we wouldn't have needed you at all.

Don't pick on Smithy he was a BIG kicker for the Patriots!! Adam who??? He shows his stupidity again and again..makes me dislike him MORE!! Can't wait till he gets flattened by one of the Pats...STILL, I hope he gets a standing O when he returns....for all he did here. (Just that one time..then??)

patsox23 said:
Actually when it comes to big games, it is their OFFENSE that has lost them.

Scary thought -- maybe he'll teah Peyton how not to choke.

Nahhhh.....

Pats726 said:
Adam who??? He shows his stupidity again and again..makes me dislike him MORE!!

What is it about stupid comments from Colts kickers????? First Vanderjerk now what's his name again....

I really think people are making too big a deal about the Colts now that they have AV. They couldn't win a Super Bowl with the most accurate kicker in NFL history. What are they going to do with a guy who was 21st in the NFL in accuracy in 2005?

One really rose-colored way to look at it is AV is due to miss a clutch kick one of these days. And now it won't be with us. :)

I have said before that I am a Colt fan and not here to cause trouble. I am just really surprized by the way AV is percieved on this board. I mean in this day and age, players rarlely stay with the same team their whole career. Did you guys treat Bledsoe this way. I don't seem to see this kind of talk about McGinnest. Is it the fact that he went to the Colts or just that he left. I mean I doubt Brady is going to play his whole career in New England. Are you guys going to bad mouth him then too.

Mr.Kilowatt said:
I have said before that I am a Colt fan and not here to cause trouble. I am just really surprized by the way AV is percieved on this board. I mean in this day and age, players rarlely stay with the same team their whole career. Did you guys treat Bledsoe this way. I don't seem to see this kind of talk about McGinnest. Is it the fact that he went to the Colts or just that he left. I mean I doubt Brady is going to play his whole career in New England. Are you guys going to bad mouth him then too.
Bledsoe was a class act. Still is. WMG also. They get treated differently than jerks. Like Mr. Milloy, for example.

You say you are not here to cause trouble, then why try to cause some with the stupid comment about Brady? You know it isn't true, just trying to cause a reaction.

You tell me, Dolts fan, how are the folks in Indy talking about Vanderjerk right now? Full of love, admiration, and sorrow that he left?

Will the folks in Indy treat Edgerin James and Vandejerk the same way when they return to play in Indy with their new teams?

Mr.Kilowatt said:
I mean I doubt Brady is going to play his whole career in New England. Are you guys going to bad mouth him then too.
Only if he goes to the Colts.

I am not here to cause trouble, and I didn't mean anything by the Brady comment. I just didn't realize that AV is such a jerk. Was he considered that when he was playing for you guys? For the record, I really didn't want the Colts to tie big $$s into a kicker. I was hoping for Longwell, or Edinger. As for Vandy, he will probably be booed, but not because he left, but because he lost two playoff games (Unlike AV, who won two SBs for the Pats). I think Edge will be cheered when he returns.

Mr.Kilowatt said:
As for Vandy, he will probably be booed, but not because he left, but because he lost two playoff games (Unlike AV, who won two SBs for the Pats). I think Edge will be cheered when he returns.
There are guys here who think the same way, that the last play wins or loses the game, and the other 120 plays don't matter.

Rather than blame Venderjerk for the miss, why not blame Peyton for not getting a TD, forcing the FG attempt.

Yeah, if they had made it, the game would have been tied, but if Peyton had connected, they would have won.

Still, I agree that Edge will be cheered and Vanderjack booed, because of the attitudes they had and the way they left. Same with WMG and AV. I suspect that AV will get more cheers than boos from general fans, but suspect that he will get a stnading O if he misses a FG in Gillette. Vanderjack will likely meet the same fate should he miss. Or do the Colts play in Dallas?

spacecrime said:
Rather than blame Venderjerk for the miss, why not blame Peyton for not getting a TD, forcing the FG attempt.Yeah, if they had made it, the game would have been tied, but if Peyton had connected, they would have won.

True, but if Peyton had handed off or tried a few short passes instead of the endzone bomb attempts he could have edged 5, 6, 7 or 8 yards closer and made it a much more makeable and comfortable kick for Vanderjerk. They didn't really help their kicker out. Would be interesting to know if those plays were from Dungy or from Peyton, or in particular, if they were Peyton audibles overriding plays Dungy had sent to the huddle. My opinion, they were poor calls from the kickers perspective and put more pressure on him.

edzo44 said:
True, but if Peyton had handed off or tried a few short passes instead of the endzone bomb attempts he could have edged 5, 6, 7 or 8 yards closer and made it a much more makeable and comfortable kick for Vanderjerk. They didn't really help their kicker out. Would be interesting to know if those plays were from Dungy or from Peyton, or in particular, if they were Peyton audibles overriding plays Dungy had sent to the huddle. My opinion, they were poor calls from the kickers perspective and put more pressure on him.
I understand fully and agree with you 100%.

upstater1 said:
Adam took the money now and destroyed the legacy he would have had later in New England. That's ok, I guess.

But really, playing for the Colts and saying stupid **** just means he's about as relevant as John Smith in New England. Thatnks for contributing a kick or two. If it weren't for Belichick's conservative style when ahead in a game, we wouldn't have needed you at all.

the loss of endorsement potential will be far greater than the extra money he got from the colts... the pats offered to make him the highest paid kicker in history, and it wasnt enough... hope he banks a lot of that polian money, cause no one wants him in New England anymore... kiss those snowplow and etrade commercials g'bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes