PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parking is $40 at Foxborough these days?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That would be very perceptive and insightful (and, may I add, confident) if it actually addressed the post and the parking question. I was referring to parking in the vicinty of the stadium, but thanks anyway for your pearls of wisdom. I guess it takes somebody "stupid or rich" to read the actual post before responding. If those free or cheaper lots are near the stadium and do not require a lengthy walk or a ride on available mass transit systems, what you're saying might make sense.

Whether in Boston or Foxboro, it also costs nothing to walk to either stadium. Big savings there for thrifty individuals like yourself. It shouldn't matter that you live 25 miles from your destination. There are also trains to Foxboro (there might even be buses, I don't know). The point is parking elsewhere and commuting back and forth to the lot costs time, and usually lots of it. If you have all day, park in some neghborhood in Foxboro and walk a few miles. That doesn't cost much either.

As for the value issue, the event is what drives the price up, not the price of real estate. If you are talking income necessary to fund the investment in real estate, Boston requires a higher monthly income to pay for the initial investment and reach the break even point. However, commercial property in Foxboro is not free, certainly not in that area. If the Boston lots are $60 during non-event times (and I went to school in that area), somehow the signs with that price tag are missing during non-event times, which sounds like the event drives the price. Not many people I know would throw big money down to park in that area but for the game. The same applies to Foxboro. People need to park for a game and will pay to do so. It costs nothing to park in "The End Zone" during the week, but it costs plenty during a game.

The problem is that it is extremely hard to get to Foxboro by public transportation or walking. There is one train that hasn't had a good reputation for being on time and there are no buses. Walking would entail parking many miles outside of the stadium, not to mention the fact that cop presence is insane.

Fenway there are no problems getting to. The T can be packed, but it will get you there on time. I've never been late to a Sox game. As for parking for free, there is plenty of side-street parking just blocks from Fenway, you don't have to walk 2+ miles like you would at Foxoboro. If you don't want to take the T, you can take a bus. Finally, I can't believe you think it is so expensive to park in Boston. There are TONS of lots where you can park for $24 or under. I have never paid more than $24 for parking in Boston in my whole life. The point is getting to Fenway is super easy while getting to Foxboro can be a nightmare (even if you do pay for the $40 lots).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back