PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parking is $40 at Foxborough these days?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of people don't go to games, so this is just another of your comments that make little or no sense. Now, please stop stalking me. Others will get jealous.

Actually 65,000 people go to every Patriot home game. I can guarantee that the majority of fans have attended a game that they have thought they were over charged for parking, tickets and other things, thats the price you pay for following such a successful team like the Patriots.

Who do you think you are? You go around on this website constantly criticizing people, trying to sound more educated than we are and just come across as a stuck up ignorant jerk. Maybe thats not who you are and your a nice guy, but those are just my observations and I am sure other people on this forum would agree.

There are alot of people to whom $40 is nothing and not even close to the price of what they consider a good meal.

You are absolutely correct, sir. When the Cafe Budapest was open in Boston, dropping $200 minimum on a meal for two was something I expected to do, and looked forward to doing as frequently as I could.

I'm still looking for those pepercorns, by the way. Sorry for the delay.

Don't worry about them. I do appreciate that you've kept them in your thoughts.

1. I would never presume to judge your purchasing habits or preferences.

2. The stadium and the parking lots are full every week, which conclusively proves that the product is not overpriced.

That doesn't mean it's not overpriced, it just means that people want to go that bad that they are willing to pay whatever to see the pats live.....I agree with Deus that it is absolutely absurd what professional sports have done.....People used to be able to take there families to a game and enjoy it now you my as well set aside at least a weeks pay to take your family to watch 1 live event.....Whether it is football, baseball, basketball.....It is all overpriced and so are all these athletes we put on the field.....I get tickets from my work to go to events that I want but I will not pay for these overpriced sissies on the field.....These guys are "supposed to be" professional athletes and for what MOST of them get paid they suck.......If I am going to pay the kind of money that is demanded to go to a game I want to see professional athletes and not million dollar men dropping balls (braylon Edwards), Throwing to the other team every other pass ( Jake Delhomme), Getting a holding call or personal foul every other play (Flozell Adams).....Until professional athletes get there head out of there ass and decide to put everything they have into being the best they can be, I sure as hell am not going to pay $40 to park or even $40 a ticket.......

As I recall, part of the parking fee goes to the State of Mass to pay for the road improvents made when they built Gillette.

Actually 65,000 people go to every Patriot home game. I can guarantee that the majority of fans have attended a game that they have thought they were over charged for parking, tickets and other things, thats the price you pay for following such a successful team like the Patriots.

Who do you think you are? You go around on this website constantly criticizing people, trying to sound more educated than we are and just come across as a stuck up ignorant jerk. Maybe thats not who you are and your a nice guy, but those are just my observations and I am sure other people on this forum would agree.

I'm not criticizing anyone on this thread. I've noted that personal preferences differ. You'd know that if you'd actually read my posts. Since you're just stalking me from thread to thread, however, that's irrelevant to you.

And there's a hell of a lot more than 65,000 people in the New England region.

You have decided not to attend games because of the price of parking, which is your right. I go to all of the games (I guess this makes me a "sucker" in your mind). But it is a fact that all of the parking lots are full every week. I wish parking cost less, but there is no rationale whatsoever for the owner of a business to charge less when people are literally lining up the pay the going rate.

It will be interesting to see if parking costs go down if/when the team hits a few consecutive down years and game day attendance suffers.

As I recall, part of the parking fee goes to the State of Mass to pay for the road improvents made when they built Gillette.

Were they able to squeeze owners of the private lots for this as well? If not, those people are making out like bandits.

Last edited:
I'm not criticizing anyone on this thread. I've noted that personal preferences differ. You'd know that if you'd actually read my posts. Since you're just stalking me from thread to thread, however, that's irrelevant to you.

And there's a hell of a lot more than 65,000 people in the New England region.

Not all people in the New England region are Pats fans and the same 65,000 people dont attend every Patriots home game. The majority of Patriots fans have attended atleast 1 Patriots game that they were over charged for things. Your argument on this subject is one of your weaker ones.

No, it doesn't. It does demonstrate the truism that some people will pay for overpriced goods and services, for various reasons. We see this all the time, in all sorts of areas. A classic, nice, example is people buying candy bars for school fund raisers.

some people = 68K+ ??

Not all people in the New England region are Pats fans and the same 65,000 people dont attend every Patriots home game. The majority of Patriots fans have attended atleast 1 Patriots game that they were over charged for things. Your argument on this subject is one of your weaker ones.

No, it's not. Even in relation to other teams, the prices are inflated. People paying the price doesn't change that.

You may not judge mine specifically, but you'd surely say things like "There's no way I'd ever pay $x for that product." That's what we're discussing here. It seems personal because the product is something that some here are actually buying rather than being something neutral like "widgets".

No, it doesn't. It does demonstrate the truism that some people will pay for overpriced goods and services, for various reasons. We see this all the time, in all sorts of areas. A classic, nice, example is people buying candy bars for school fund raisers.

1. I've decided that there is value in attending the games. I get to make that decision, much the same as you get to decide not to. That doesn't make me a sucker, nor does it say anything about you other than you do not perceive the same value that I do.

2. By definition, products that consistently sell out (and, in fact, have a large waiting list of even more customers who want to buy the product) are not overpriced.

3. Your example is not appropriate because buying a candy bar for a school fundraiser is an act of charity.

Last edited:
Even in relation to other teams, the prices are inflated.

I think a privately financed stadium might have something to do with that.

I think a privately financed stadium might have something to do with that.

I think Krafty's lots are less expensive than some of the private lots actually. $40 vs $50 or more.

I have been around the league and Gillette is the highest I've seen however. $20 in Philly. $20-$30 in Denver. $15 in Green Bay. $20 in Chicago.

No, it's not. Even in relation to other teams, the prices are inflated. People paying the price doesn't change that.

Now your changing your argument. I have never said that the Patriots prices are not overpriced, because in fact they are. You said that the majority of fans dont attend games because of the prices, and that is not the case.

1. I've decided that there is value in me attending the games. I get to make that decision, much the same as you get to decide not to. That doesn't make me a sucker, nor does it say anything about you other than you do not perceive the same value that I do.

It does make you a sucker. You're happy with that, but you don't like the term. That's understandable.

2. By definition, products that consistently sell out (and, in fact, have a large waiting list of even more customers who want to buy the product) are not overpriced.

No, that's not by definition at all. Overpriced means "costs too much". That's a subjective term. Some people are willing to pay for overpriced goods and services. That's the way of the world. We see this all the time.

3. Your example is not appropriate because buying a candy bar for a school fundraiser is an act of charity.

Sure it is. The 'act of charity' is a nice reason to buy overpriced goods. It was an example that pretty much everyone knows, which is why I used it. Paying $9 for a small plastic cup of domestic draft beer would be another example of something being overpriced yet finding customers willing to make the purchase nonetheless. Price gouging at the gas pump in times of trouble would be another.

You kidding me? That one made me laugh.

Now your changing your argument. I have never said that the Patriots prices are not overpriced, because in fact they are. You said that the majority of fans dont attend games because of the prices, and that is not the case.

I'm not changing the argument at all. You are. This post of yours is a perfect example.

Here's what you posted:

It's the majority of people that are "suckers" that pay money to park and then pay for tickets, food and drinks. Then there is the minority, like yourself who refuse to attend these games and pay these prices.

Here's what my response was:

The majority of people don't go to games, so this is just another of your comments that make little or no sense.

Now, where in my response did I give a reason why the majority of people don't go to games? It's simple math that I was referring to in responding to you, because your point was simply wrong. The majority of people don't attend the games, so the "It's the majority of people" argument was simply wrong. You're now trying to turn that into a comment on money when I didn't even put that in the answer.

Last edited:
I'm not changing the argument at all. You are.

Now, where in my response did I give a reason why the majority of people don't go to games? It's simple math that I was referring to in responding to you, because your point was simply wrong. The majority of people don't attend the games, so the "It's the majority of people" argument was simply wrong. You're now trying to turn that into a comment on money when I didn't even put that in the answer.

My point is correct. You said that the majority of Patriots fans do not attend games because of the prices. The majority of fans have attended a game and paid these prices. Why is it so hard to get Patriots tickets?, because the demand is so high because everyone wants to attend games.

It does make you a sucker. You're happy with that, but you don't like the term. That's understandable.

No, that's not by definition at all. Overpriced means "costs too much". That's a subjective term. Some people are willing to pay for overpriced goods and services. That's the way of the world. We see this all the time.

Sure it is. The 'act of charity' is a nice reason to buy overpriced goods. It was an example that pretty much everyone knows, which is why I used it. Paying $9 for a small plastic cup of domestic draft beer would be another example of something being overpriced yet finding customers willing to make the purchase nonetheless. Price gouging at the gas pump in times of trouble would be another.

1. You said in a earlier post that you were not criticizing anyone in this thread. Apparently, you would regard being called a "sucker" as complimentary.

2. You get an "F" in introductory economics if you think that a product for which the demand greatly exceeds the supply is overpriced. That's pretty basic stuff.

3. I wouldn't pay $9 for a beer, but others do. If that's what is sells for, that's what it's worth. Not everyone has to buy it for it to be a good deal for both the buyer and seller.

4. I regret that sports has become such a big business, but that's what it is. It's expensive and that leaves a lot of people out. That's sad, but it's also reality.

5. When the time comes that the team is no longer competitive, people will see less value and less will be willing to spend the money.

Last edited:
2. You get an "F" in introductory economics if you think that a product for which the demand greatly exceed the supply is overpriced. Thats' pretty basic stuff.

Couldn't agree with you more

$40 to $50 for parking is insane!!!!!!!!!! Fans are fools to pay it. You go open a business then charge your customers $50 to visit your business. You will go bankrupt very fast unless your customers are fools like Pats fans.

After the debacle loss to the Giants in the Superbowl, parking and snacks should be FREE.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back