PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

parking at gilette stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

babske

Rookie
Reaction score
I will be visiting a Patriots game in September while visiting the Boston area. Really looking forward to that. But I nearly fainted when I saw that you have to pay $35 for parking what the heck is up with that? Anyway, is there parking available around the stadium for less and how do the trains work? What do those that go regularly advise?

babske said:
I will be visiting a Patriots game in September while visiting the Boston area. Really looking forward to that. But I nearly fainted when I saw that you have to pay $35 for parking what the heck is up with that? Anyway, is there parking available around the stadium for less and how do the trains work? What do those that go regularly advise?

$35 is cheap!

babske said:

Hey, Bob Kraft has to feed his family you know.

Parking is the same all around the same, even the private lots.

The train runs out of South Station in Boston and pulls right up to the back door of Gillette Stadium.

Last edited:
babske said:

Split the cost with whoever is going with you. That's what it costs at all the lots, you can't escape it. If you take the train you'll probably be paying close to the same amount. Might as well drive and do some tailgating. I hope you don't drink beer, one light beer is $7 at the stadium.

It is what it is. I suggest you park in one of the private lots around a mile away from the stadium on the side of the street OPPOSITE the stadium. It makes getting home a breeze.

The train is easy and convenient. I took it once and it was OK, but I don't like being beholden to its schedule. Public transportation is great... for other people.

Tunescribe said:
Split the cost with whoever is going with you. That's what it costs at all the lots, you can't escape it. If you take the train you'll probably be paying close to the same amount. Might as well drive and do some tailgating. I hope you don't drink beer, one light beer is $7 at the stadium.

well it is just me myself and I so in the end that doesn't do me any good :)

babske said:
well it is just me myself and I so in the end that doesn't do me any good :)
Then you should train it in and out. As long as you have no plans to leave early.

I park at a lot north of the stadium that costs $20.00. It is about a 1 mile to 1.5 mile walk to the stadium. I then join in a tailgate or two.

Beware though...some of the lots outside the stadium are more than $35.00.

NEM said:
At the Cardinals game, the parking at the stadium was only $5.00 for years and years. Abour 5 years ago it skyrocketed, alla the way up to $10.00.

I don't know what the fee is going to be at the new stadium that opens this weekend, but at the adjacent Glendale Arena, where the Coyotes play, IT IS FREE.

I guess (in the cae of Ariz teams) ya get what ya pay for!

The towns eliminated all those nice unofficial parking spots. Now some few home owners surreptitiously allow parking, but you must sign up for the entire season. It was $40 to park in the lots outside the stadium, LAST year. Add the $250 ticket price for two seats, $3.10 a gallon gas to drive round trip 200 miles and a game gets expensive, even without the $10 stadium beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes