PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parity, attrition and subtractions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jct

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Right now the top 5 teams (by record) are the Bears, Indy, Denver, Pats and NO.
All of these teams have shown flaws. All are beatable. IMO these teams are currently a notch above the rest of the league for the time being, but I suspect they are all really close in ability.
Having said that, it is not a good time to be INDY, they head into Denver and will loose really really big in a game which will likely set the seeding for the playoffs.
Of course no one can predict the outcome from an injury standpoint of that game but whatever happens will benefit us. I expect a limping depleted COLTS team to report here for a second consecutive whoop arse!!
A quick look around the league shows us off to the healthiest start in years,
however other teams have had Major IR subtractions. Hopefully NEMs prayers continue to work and we escape safely to our post season destiny.
In the next two weeks we will be measured for greatness. Are we up to the challenge of continuing our Dynasty? I say yes! We match favorably with Minn and Indy. Of course these are just games, but we have no excuses. We are coming in almost healthy, our game has been improving, Now is the time to make a statment to the NFL who we are and where is our destiny.
I predict in 2 weeks time we will be almost certain of a post season bye week.
My hopes....
Let's resign Samuel and Graham...if possible.
Lets pickup a premium FA LB and DB in the offseason.

jct said:
.... I expect a limping depleted COLTS team to report here for a second consecutive whoop arse!!

??????????

psychoPat said:
??????????
I am sure by "a second consecutive whoop arse" he means first by Denver, then by us.

I never get excited by injuries to other teams, we are always one play away from problems ourselves. For that matter, it wouldn't be that shocking if Seymour missed both the MIN and IND games.

Lots of good food for thought here, Jacket! (See below.)

jct said:
Right now the top 5 teams (by record) are the Bears, Indy, Denver, Pats and NO.
All of these teams have shown flaws. All are beatable. How is Chicago beatable again? IMO these teams are currently a notch above the rest of the league for the time being, but I suspect they are all really close in ability.
Having said that, it is not a good time to be INDY, they head into Denver and will loose really really big in a game which will likely set the seeding for the playoffs. Lose really really big like 9-8. ;)
Of course no one can predict the outcome from an injury standpoint of that game but whatever happens will benefit us. I expect a limping depleted COLTS team to report here for a second consecutive whoop arse!! except they come in fresher while we're off a short week. Sucky scheduling.
A quick look around the league shows us off to the healthiest start in years,
however other teams have had Major IR subtractions. Hopefully NEMs prayers continue to work and we escape safely to our post season destiny.
In the next two weeks we will be measured for greatness. Are we up to the challenge of continuing our Dynasty? I say yes! We match favorably with Minn and Indy. Not sure why you say that about Minn. Could you explain?Of course these are just games, but we have no excuses. We are coming in almost healthy, our game has been improving, Now is the time to make a statment to the NFL who we are and where is our destiny.
I predict in 2 weeks time we will be almost certain of a post season bye week.
My hopes....
Let's resign Samuel and Graham...if possible.
Lets pickup a premium FA LB and DB in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes