PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Paris Lenon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was released with an injury settlement shortly thereafter. He is free to sign with any team.

Cool, thanks for the info. I hadn't followed him after the IR.

Hart or Perillo (I'm assuming it's one of them since they've been on high on him since they first talked to him and learned he was a LS, a commonly-known fact) is wrong, as far as I know.

Actually I posted 4 separate sources on this thread saying that Ninkovich has played inside linbacker, the Patriots Football Weekly article was just one of the sources. Look back on this thread, I copied and pasted quotes from the Palm Beach Post, The Florida Sun Sentinel and I believe Rotoworld. You may still be correct, but then all of the 4 sources would have to be wrong.

Last edited:
I doubt we sign anyone because I strongly believe we do a 4-3 next week in which case Guyton shifts to mike and Woods to will.

Absolutely wrong! We go 3-4 to stop the run and screen passes! The Jets WR's are not that good. I think we leave the DB's on the island and bring the house against the rookie!

Actually I posted 4 separate sources on this thread saying that Ninkovich has played inside linbacker, the Patriots Football Weekly article was just one of the sources. Look back on this thread, I copied and pasted quotes from the Palm Beach Post, The Florida Sun Sentinel and I believe Rotoworld. You may still be correct, but then all of the 4 sources would have to be wrong.

Problem is - all these guys plagiarize, err I mean copy, from each other. So if one guy gets it wrong, they all just follow along because there isn't much data to go on.

Regardless of whether he has or hasn't, he's only spent 1 year in a 3-4 before this, he was a DE before that, he never got on the field in Miami, and he's been playing exclusively OLB here. So I think if he does play, it'll be as an OLB with AD moving inside.

I recently read ( I believe in Patriots Football Weekly ), that Ninkovich has played some middle linebacker at both New Orleans and Miami.

Followed by...

I'll find the story saying he played some ILB with both Miami and New Orleans. Maybe I can even find a link, give me a few minutes.

Ninkovich, a former Purdue Boilermaker, lost out to Quentin Moses for a spot on the club in training camp. "Nink" can play inside and outside linebacker.
Source: Palm Beach Post

The Dolphins signed inside linebacker Rob Ninkovich off their practice squad Saturday and placed guard Matt McChesney on injured reserve.
Full Story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Rob Ninkovich, DE NE
News: DL Rob Ninkovich, drafted by the Saints in 2006, was signed off of the Dolphins' practice squad on Wednesday. Ninkovich had been playing inside linebacker at Miami, but came to New Orleans as a defensive end out of Purdue.

Patriots Football Weekly, 9/2/09 issue, page 28, column 2, "Belichick opts for Ninkovich who has been active in the preseason and has some experience playing inside and out from his days in Miami and New Orleans."

I posted 4 separate sources on this thread saying that Ninkovich has played inside linebacker, the Patriots Football Weekly article was just one of the sources. Look back on this thread, I copied and pasted quotes from the Palm Beach Post, The Florida Sun Sentinel and I believe Rotoworld. You may still be correct, but then all of the 4 sources would have to be wrong.

What you haven't posted is any source saying that Ninkovich has played middle linebacker, which Paris Lenon obviously has played.

With Mayo presumably out for the Jets game, could Paris Lenon be headed back to the roster? I recently read ( I believe in Patriots Football Weekly ), that Ninkovich has played some middle linebacker at both New Orleans and Miami. Still, my guess is that Lenon would be a more likely backup to Guyton should he rejoin the roster.

Lenon signed with the Rams today, so no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back